Perry Grant Schedule 2012

anniegb

Hi Annie

He announced on his facebook page he will be staying on the Connie until she starts her short Caribbean cruises in November

heres the post:

"for those who are waiting ..i will be with celebrity until the constellation starts the 4 to 5 day cruising in the fall next year ...hope that helps with your bookings darlings xoxoxox"

After that the rumours are he may switch to the Millennium when she starts her Asia itineraries, maybe someone else will be able to confirm that?

Hope this info helps!

Hi Annie

He announced on his facebook page he will be staying on the Connie until she starts her short Caribbean cruises in November

heres the post:

"for those who are waiting ..i will be with celebrity until the constellation starts the 4 to 5 day cruising in the fall next year ...hope that helps with your bookings darlings xoxoxox"

After that the rumours are he may switch to the Millennium when she starts her Asia itineraries, maybe someone else will be able to confirm that?

Hope this info helps!

Guess we get to see/hear him in April 2012. Not sure I am a fan?

Hi Annie

heres the post:

Hope this info helps!

Thanks for the info.

Annie

• 1 month later...

Our family just got back from our XMAS cruise on the Constellation and had a great time! Perry was fab, but he informed us that Celebrity had decided to close all the piano bars on its ships including Michael's Club as of January 2013 and he will not longer be there. He didn't say what he would be doing or whether he would be going to another cruise line.

The Connie and Celebrity will not be the same without Perry. I'm sure I will get the chance to talk to him on the March 10th cruise and see if he has any idea where he will be. I think they are making a big mistake since many people book Celebrity because of him.

The Connie and Celebrity will not be the same without Perry. I'm sure I will get the chance to talk to him on the March 10th cruise and see if he has any idea where he will be. I think they are making a big mistake since many people book Celebrity because of him.

Hi Nannie,

We agree that Constellation would not be the same without Perry. We saw Perry a few weeks ago, and while he's unsure what will happen in Winter 2012 and beyond, I remain hopeful that the situation will resolve itself. I can't imagine that Celebrity does not realize his value to so many of their loyal Guests. Let's hope there will be a solution.

• 1 month later...

Hey Andy!

I've been told by some of the Miami higher-ups that Perry is considered 'the biggest entertainment draw sailing'.

Would be very strange if they would let that go to another line but then stranger things have happened at X!

Hi Annie

heres the post:

Hope this info helps!

Last we saw on Fb he will be going to Eclipse...

I read that Perry Grant will be moving to Eclipse (as stated) once Connie goes to 4/5 day cruises.

From Facebook Post Jan 24, 2012:

Had an exciting meeting at Celebrity head office this morning in Miami

so very glad to let you know i will be staying with Celebrity ! staying on the Constellation until Dec 15 2012 ..joining the Eclipse on Jan 26th 2013 until mid June 2013 ...Many thanks to Eric Bohus , Gary Walker . Tony Pearsall and to Dan Hanrahan and Lisa Lytoff for wanting me to stay and to all of you for your letters of support and "rallying" ...it worked !

Perry is on Facebook under Fans of Perry Grant

I read that Perry Grant will be moving to Eclipse (as stated) once Connie goes to 4/5 day cruises.

From Facebook Post Jan 24, 2012:

Had an exciting meeting at Celebrity head office this morning in Miami

so very glad to let you know i will be staying with Celebrity ! staying on the Constellation until Dec 15 2012 ..joining the Eclipse on Jan 26th 2013 until mid June 2013 ...Many thanks to Eric Bohus , Gary Walker . Tony Pearsall and to Dan Hanrahan and Lisa Lytoff for wanting me to stay and to all of you for your letters of support and "rallying" ...it worked !

Perry is on Facebook under Fans of Perry Grant

That's good, we will get to check him out Next March. Have not seen him but know many do like his performances.

Our family just got back from our XMAS cruise on the Constellation and had a great time! Perry was fab, but he informed us that Celebrity had decided to close all the piano bars on its ships including Michael's Club as of January 2013 and he will not longer be there. He didn't say what he would be doing or whether he would be going to another cruise line.

Why has Celebrity decided "to close all the piano bars on its ships including Michael's Club as of January 2013"?:confused:

Why has Celebrity decided "to close all the piano bars on its ships including Michael's Club as of January 2013"?:confused:

Celebrity expects various venues to generate income. Most Michael's Club locations are empty on too many evenings. If an entertainer does not draw in the crowds, if the attendees don't buy the drinks then the cabin occupied by that entertainer can be better put to another use.

No one has ever posted on these boards that they were cruising because "XYZ" is entertaining. Perry is unique in that distinction. Now if Perry fans would only drink more.... Celebrity would be very,very pleased. ;)

• 7 months later...

Just off the Eclipse today.

Rumour has it that Perry is joining the Eclipse in November for the Caribbean season. Rumour also has it that he will appear in the Sky Lounge, as Michael's is too small.

I believe that the reason their piano bars don't work is that most of the entertainers are boring - Royal Caribbean employs lively entertainers and everyone enjoys a jolly evening. Ditto Princess.

Apart from Perry, all the piano bar entertainers I have heard on Celebrity are sleep inducing!!!:D:D:D

Just off the Eclipse today.

Rumour has it that Perry is joining the Eclipse in November for the Caribbean season. Rumour also has it that he will appear in the Sky Lounge, as Michael's is too small.

I believe that the reason their piano bars don't work is that most of the entertainers are boring - Royal Caribbean employs lively entertainers and everyone enjoys a jolly evening. Ditto Princess.

Apart from Perry, all the piano bar entertainers I have heard on Celebrity are sleep inducing!!!:D:D:D

Unfortunately, the above is partially correct. While Perry is moving to Eclipse.... last I heard, he's not joining the ship until sometime in January 2013. As for what venue he will be in, I do not believe anyone knows for certain. I'm not sure if Michael's Club can work, as it's too small, and the L-shaped layout is on the S-Class ships leave much to be desired. Perhaps the Sky Lounge might be an option, though I wonder if it's a bit too large. Let's hope Celebrity gets it right.

And there are probably twenty more -- but do watch out because there is a skateboarder also named Perry Grant with lots of videos-- that's not him!!!

Thanks for the links. He is talented, just not my cup of tea. I would imagine he appeals to an older crowd (I am 50).

Tom

Thanks for the links. He is talented, just not my cup of tea. I would imagine he appeals to an older crowd (I am 50).

Tom

Age has nothing to do with appreciation of the talent. I am in my 50ssss and a big fan of Perry. But a lot of people of different age groups would rather go a see the most stupid, not funny and tasteless comedian...That is just my 2 cents...

Archived