Current Concierges continued

PH8

While I personally agree with your claim that the DL is preferable as to the view it affords and the services offered are pretty much the same, I also believe that people needn't defend their choice if they are entitled to go to both. Why do we need to understand why someone chooses one over the other? Regardless, it certainly isn't Willie or any other concierge's job to treat those who are entitled to his services differently based on whether they are suite guests or Diamond +/Pinnacle.

Oh I was just curious, nobody has to defend their choice, I was just trying to understand :).

Wow.... I hope this isn't common. We splurged a bit on our first (upcoming) RCI cruise and went GS, looking forward to some of the perks associated, including the CL.

Thankfully it's not common at all. Most people have the sense not to discuss religion, politics or other "hot button" topics. We just drew a rare bad hand.

Thankfully it's not common at all. Most people have the sense not to discuss religion, politics or other "hot button" topics. We just drew a rare bad hand.

That is good to hear. Thank you. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire

This is a very informative thread. We are sailing in a suite for the first time next April and will qualify for concierge service. I have a few questions.

1. How soon before the cruise will the concierge email to introduce themselves?

2. We will be sailing AOS. I believe it will be just out of dry dock when we sail her. Will the upgrade include a CL and DL? Last time we sailed on a voyager class ship, the DL was located next to the Viking Lounge.

I appreciate any info. :D

This is a very informative thread. We are sailing in a suite for the first time next April and will qualify for concierge service. I have a few questions.

1. How soon before the cruise will the concierge email to introduce themselves?

2. We will be sailing AOS. I believe it will be just out of dry dock when we sail her. Will the upgrade include a CL and DL? Last time we sailed on a voyager class ship, the DL was located next to the Viking Lounge.

I appreciate any info. :D

AOS I presume you mean Adventure of the Seas and not Allure of the Seas.

Adventure already has a CL but no DL. In the refit the 19th Hole will become the DL.

The CL is still very small and from our short time (2 x 2 nighted trips) from what people where saying it was crowded with DP people - even people who where DP and had a suite where up with us in the Diamond Event.

HTH

Huw

I asked this on the main board, but realize I should haved posted here. For those just off any RCI ship this week or last week: were the cocktail hours 5 PM - 8:30 PM or were they changed to 5-8 PM, please? On Jewel May 2-6 cruise, it was only until 8 PM.

I asked this on the main board, but realize I should haved posted here. For those just off any RCI ship this week or last week: were the cocktail hours 5 PM - 8:30 PM or were they changed to 5-8 PM, please? On Jewel May 2-6 cruise, it was only until 8 PM.

The only time I noticed the CL closing at 8 PM was when they opened at 4:30. First seating for dinner was at 5:30 on that particular cruise. :)

I wasn't on a ship during the last two weeks, but on the Jewel repo in October the cocktails were served from 5:00-8:00. Since then I have been on Independence in December, Navigator in February, and Mariner in April. The cocktails were served for 3 1/2 hours on all three, either 5:00-8:30 or 4:30-8:00.

I hope it is ok to post this here. I am looking at the list for the Radiance July 26, 2013 sailing. Looks like there is a switch in concierges for our sailing.

I normally don't ask the concierge to do anything for me. I do need to get off the ship early, by 7:30 AM, on August 2. The ship doesn't not offer a Kenai Fjords tour unless you are going to the airport that day or doing a return cruise to Vancouver.

For those that use the email to the CL concierge and the Diamond concierge, do you normally get a response? Diamond Plus desk tells me I can get tickets to leave early, but have read on the boards that information has been given by the Diamond Pluse desk and found it incorrect.

Needing to book my tour direct with the company, but don't want to lose my money. The tour leaves at 9 AM, the Radiance docks at 5 AM.

Any help would be appreciated.

just got off Grandeur & the CL/DL hours were 5:30-8:30 !!!

I thought this thread was about Current Concierges?

I hope it is ok to post this here. I am looking at the list for the Radiance July 26, 2013 sailing. Looks like there is a switch in concierges for our sailing.

I normally don't ask the concierge to do anything for me. I do need to get off the ship early, by 7:30 AM, on August 2. The ship doesn't not offer a Kenai Fjords tour unless you are going to the airport that day or doing a return cruise to Vancouver.

For those that use the email to the CL concierge and the Diamond concierge, do you normally get a response? Diamond Plus desk tells me I can get tickets to leave early, but have read on the boards that information has been given by the Diamond Pluse desk and found it incorrect.

Needing to book my tour direct with the company, but don't want to lose my money. The tour leaves at 9 AM, the Radiance docks at 5 AM.

Any help would be appreciated.

It is up in the air as to the switch date for this concierge. This is not a firm date on RD.

In Seward the ship normally empties very early. The concierge can easily have you off by that time. You can likely just walk off in your own.

We've never had Mario, so I cannot compare, but we had Mahmoud a few weeks ago on Explorer, and I don't think anyone could have been better.

We were on board when Mario injured his knee and a couple of weeks later when we returned it was the day he left for home (to have the knee taken care of). Meme (Mahmoud) was still getting acclimated and still did a wonderful job. We would happily sail with either of these fine gentlemen. We did sort of miss Mario's telephone greeting each morning.

Ray in NH

It is up in the air as to the switch date for this concierge. This is not a firm date on RD.

In Seward the ship normally empties very early. The concierge can easily have you off by that time. You can likely just walk off in your own.

Gina,

Thank you so much for your answer. I have posted this question on the regular board as well as the Alaska board with little response. Last tour I need to get booked. Have a bad back so wasn't wanting to pull my own off. Your an angel for getting back to me. :D

AOS I presume you mean Adventure of the Seas and not Allure of the Seas.

Adventure already has a CL but no DL. In the refit the 19th Hole will become the DL.

The CL is still very small and from our short time (2 x 2 nighted trips) from what people where saying it was crowded with DP people - even people who where DP and had a suite where up with us in the Diamond Event.

HTH

Huw

Thanks for the reply. I think we will spend more time in the CL since our 9 y/o will be with us and, depending on the ship, she hasn't been allowed in the DL.

Does the concierge usually reach out making introduction a few weeks ahead of the cruise or do I need to email?

Meme (Mahmoud) was still getting acclimated and still did a wonderful job. We would happily sail with either of these fine gentlemen. We did sort of miss Mario's telephone greeting each morning.

Ray in NH

Good to hear. We're RCCL virgins and decided on a GS to get the extra perks and attention and was a bit concerned with having a newbie concierge.

So far I've emailed Mahmoud a few times with questions and to get reservations and he's been very helpful.

Good to hear. We're RCCL virgins and decided on a GS to get the extra perks and attention and was a bit concerned with having a newbie concierge.

So far I've emailed Mahmoud a few times with questions and to get reservations and he's been very helpful.

When I mentioned "getting acclimated" I was referring to the new ship (for him). By now, I am sure he knows exactly which "contacts" will help him make things smoother for his clients. He gave us wonderful service, as you apparently have already discovered.

Tell him Ray and Janet say "Hello"

Ray in NH

We were on board when Mario injured his knee and a couple of weeks later when we returned it was the day he left for home (to have the knee taken care of). Meme (Mahmoud) was still getting acclimated and still did a wonderful job. We would happily sail with either of these fine gentlemen. We did sort of miss Mario's telephone greeting each morning.

Ray in NH

What did Mario do to his knee? He is one of our favorites.Sorry to hear he had an injury.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)- Dexter Fraser (as of 02/17/13) and Fernando Ugalde Nadal(as of 04/14/13) --(Rahim Fraoui on vacation as of 03/31/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 02/17/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser(Iryna Tsybulnykova on vacation till 05/20/13)

(Diamond) Nizar Laatiri

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013 (Bertrand Almeida)

(Diamond)- Sascha(Mangesh Jambhulkar)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/02/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/02/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (as 02/06/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(as of 02/06/13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (until May 2013)

(Diamond)-Oana Popa till 10/06/13((Denzil Fernandes)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back June)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera as of 04/27/13

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(Gazetty James on vacation 03/05/13-05/17/13) (JD on vacation again 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond) Shim Hyun "JJ" till 05/17/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (Nadja Djurdjevic)

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13 ???

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond)????

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Thank you for this info. We have our very first full suite on the Adventure in August. Do I understand that the concierge will contact us before the cruise or is this up to the individual? Also, how do you pronounce Sucel??

Thanks again :)

Edited by dutchclogs
typo