maho beach st maartin

cabinboy1945

we are taing a cruise very shortly on the navigator to st maartin and do they have a tour to princess juliana airport by maho beach to watch the airplanes landing there or do you have to go by cab and where exactly is it from the cruise port?

There is a lot of road construction going on near Maho, so I would HIGHLY suggest you take a tour or else be VERY sure you leave in plenty of time to allow for traffic jams.

we are taing a cruise very shortly on the navigator to st maartin and do they have a tour to princess juliana airport by maho beach to watch the airplanes landing there or do you have to go by cab and where exactly is it from the cruise port?

No there are no ship excursions that will take you to Maho Beach (Sunset Bar & Grill)..Take a taxi at the pier..you will see many of them going to this location approx $9.00pp one way in a shared van taxi..Just remember to head back by 2:00pm due to traffic....Enjoy

Cab works well. They know the construction avoidance routes and status of the hill they must go over. Negotiate round trip and waiting for return so you don't have to find a return ride. Very reasonable. Go in afternoon 1-3pm or so for typically best flight schedules but allow at least an hour for return - our ship left fairly late the day we visited. There was a web site I had once with the daily schedules for timing arrival (or departure) of KLM 747 service.

Picture below I took from Sunset bar.

MahoBeachLanding.jpg

We were there just a couple of weeks ago via Bernard's Tours. Left at 9:30, back at 3:30 (late because of road construction traffic), drove around the entire island and stopped at several other places. Personable, very knowledgeable guide "Mailman". Also stopped at a family friend's farm to hand-feed iguanas, and went to Orient Beach. The cost was way less than it should be - $40 per person.

We went to Maho beach and sat and sunset beach bar while in St. Maarten in October. One of the highlights of our trip...HIGHLY recommend it! We took a tour around the island and added a little time so that we could see some of the big planes land. It was awesome!

For me, as a Plane Spottere and a commercial aviation junkie, stopping at Maho has been something I've wanted to do forever. Our first two trips to St. Martin, it hasn't been possible ... we were on the Freedom this past week however and it finally worked out. We used Bernards Tours and were very satisfied with their service. They dropped us off at the Sunset Bar where we had lunch and drinks ... arrive at about 12:15, just before the "heavies" from Europe arrived -- saw the AF Airbus from CDG and the Corsair 747 (also from CDG) arrive ... there were also a couple of Aero Carib flights (from other islands) as well as United and USAir.

Michael

We loved Maho Beach (or Sunset Beach) The bar area was nice and lunch was good (if not a little bit expensive :rolleyes:) It was a little unnerving to be so far from the ship (probably 30 minutes or so)

791.jpg[/img]

794.jpg[/img]

751.jpg[/img]

752.jpg[/img]

I can't take credit for these great pictures. That honor goes to 4N6GUY, Greg from Canada. Thanks again Greg for the fantastic photography.

I've been wondering about this. I would LOVE to go to Maho Beach but I'm worried my husband will balk because of fumes. ARE there fumes? With the planes streaking right over the beach and all?

No fumes, so do not be concerned about this.

Planned most of our cruise around seeing these planes (geeky, I know). We are also using Bernard's due to the fact that there will be SEVEN ships in port that day. Yikes!!! Can't wait, only four more days. Getting ready to leave for Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral right now!!!!!

Planned most of our cruise around seeing these planes (geeky, I know). We are also using Bernard's due to the fact that there will be SEVEN ships in port that day. Yikes!!! Can't wait, only four more days. Getting ready to leave for Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral right now!!!!!

Only Allure was in port the day we where there.

Only Allure was in port the day we where there.

We were on the Freedom last week, and stopped in St. Martin on 11/10 ... in addition to us, there was a Silversea ship in port with us. Still, Maho was packed with aviation junkies having a blast on the beach.

Michael

Archived