Tahitian Princess questions

CruisinFools

Just got our cabin assignment - upgraded from a guaranteed AC to an AA (#8004) on the Tahitian Princess. Anyone out there going on the June 3rd, 10 dayer around the islands? AA #8004 is close to the front of the ship. Is the ride smoother than on the rear? Since this is a smaller ship, I have concerns about the ride as I get pretty seasick. Bonine works great for me, but I have never been on a ship of this size (the old Crown Princess was the smallest so far).

I've been reading some very negative posts about Princess lately (mostly about the Diamond). What gives? Is it just a case of the mega-ships can't provide the level of service and product that the smaller ships can? Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

Hi Cruisers,

I took the 10 day Tahiti cruise on the Tahitian Princess in 2003. What a great trip. We had a suite in the front of the ship. Boy was it loud!! That is where the anchors and other assorted "construction" type of materials were located, so we were subjected to tons of noise/thumping early every morning. I suggest that you opt for the rear of this ship.

Movement was a concern of mine as well, but all four of us were fine. I took Bonine and ginger capsules just to be safe. It is a small and (very pretty) ship, but we did not get motion sickness.

These islands that you are going to see are beyond beautiful. Have a terrific trip!

Anchor (and bow thruster) noise is a concern with forward cabins, particularly on a small ship like Tahitian Princess.

We were midships (#6051) on her sister, Pacific Princess, Tahiti to Sydney, 11-03, and liked the ship and itinerary very much.

I do hope the rumors re the two ships possibly leaving the fleet are no more than rumor. I much prefer smaller ships vs Grand class.

Thanks for the info! I still can't believe that we're actually going to Tahiti. If it's anything like the Caribbean, I'm sure we'll have an amazing time. Really looking forward to the intimacy of the smaller ship. Hopefully, it won't be too noisy. We're on Deck 8 so I'm hopong we're high enough above the noise.

Joyce

Thanks for pointing out that article.

The future cruise personnel on the Grand Princess on our March 12th cruise said there was nothing to this rumour. She did not know but was assuming the cruise would continue year round.....in Tahiti.:confused:

I love the Caribbean, so if French Polynesia is 10 times (or more) better, well, I['m sure we'll have an awesome time. Have heard that dress for women must be kept to very conservative levels. I read that shorts above the knee are frowned upon. Do I have to walk 10 paces behind my husband? Oh boy! On our past cruises, we've always made good friendsa with the bar personnel. Are there any particular waitresses or bartenders that we should seek out? Also, does anyone know how I can drop 25 pounds in 6 weeks?! LOL!

Joyce

Just off the Dawn Princess 4-10-05, yesterday and the when we booked our next cruise with cruise consultant onboard (Velma) she said it is all rumors.She never flinched when we asked her about it. She seemed very sincere. We are booked for April 19, 2006. Can't wait.

DebT1022

Golden Princess 10-04

Dawn Princess 3-05

Pride of America 11-05

Tahitian Princess 4-06

dress can be anything but modest, it is a french territory, so you might see lots of skin at the resorts if you happen to visit them. Cook Islands are much more conservative(so Ihave heard, we missed it both times). We pre cruised on Moorea and had a few of the locals out sunning themselves. We didn't find dress conservative onboard either. Most of the locals wear pareos.

Hi DebT, our group of 16 have booked the Tahitian Princess for the 4/19/2006 sailing which looks so far to be the last scheduled cruise. Please check out our thread on the Princess Roll Call and say hi. Mike

We'll also be on the June 3rd Tahitian Princess cruise. We're still waiting for an upgrade though. Our tentative assignment is BD 6031. This will be our first cruise and first vacation together, we're honeymooning !

Just got our cabin assignment - upgraded from a guaranteed AC to an AA (#8004) on the Tahitian Princess. Anyone out there going on the June 3rd, 10 dayer around the islands? AA #8004 is close to the front of the ship. Is the ride smoother than on the rear? Since this is a smaller ship, I have concerns about the ride as I get pretty seasick. Bonine works great for me, but I have never been on a ship of this size (the old Crown Princess was the smallest so far).

I've been reading some very negative posts about Princess lately (mostly about the Diamond). What gives? Is it just a case of the mega-ships can't provide the level of service and product that the smaller ships can? Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

Hey honeymooners! Your first cruise - what a fantastic honeymoon! We were married for 10 years before we were able to take the kind of honeymoon we really wanted and it was a cruise. Since then, we've taken 5 more! You'll love it!

I'll be celebrating a special birthday. Maybe we should get together to toast our mutual celebrations. That is, of course, if you guys venture out of your cabin!! ; )

We'll be in AA 8004.

If you need any info for first time cruisers, don't hesitate to ask. This board is a great source of information. My best piece of advice - take cold medicine with you. Cruise ships can be a hot bed for germs, since they carry passengers from all over the world. It's not uncommon to catch a cold on a ship (we did on our first one; learned our lesson the hard way.) You can buy cold medicone on board, but it is expensive.

Bon voyage!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

We have only been on one Princess cruise before (Star, I believe to the Mexican Rivieria) We are booked for the TP and anxious for our next adventure to begin. We have a pre-night booked at the Sheraton as we are leaving on the 2nd. I am sure you will be just fine as you on the 8th deck "in the middle" of the ship-no worries you are going on holiday!! I am interested if you have heard about any of the tour excursions, i.e research done Princess vs the independent route. I look forward to you reply-3 weeks we are there!

:) D

cruisinfools,

We were in cabin(AA 8005) in october 2003. We thought it was a great location. We never encountered any unwanted noise. As for motion, there was no problem. Out of 10 days, only one was a little rough but never made us feel sick. Again, this was october. FP is so beautiful. Our favorite places were Bora bora and moorea. Have a wonderful time.

Archived