Questions for seasoned "Suite" guests...

icruz

DW and I are on the Jewel out of Tampa in a couple of weeks staying in our first GS...if we decide to order off the MDR menu for in-cabin purposes, how is that done, and with whom??...also, do you have to reserve seats in theater for the VIP section, and if so, with whom is that done...If you can think of anything else we should know, please offer any and all advice...thanks, Bill and Terry

Congratulations:

You will enjoy.

You will find a special menu in your room. It is like a leather binder. It will provide you with the menu and phone number to order.

Theatre seats are a special sectioned off area that you will show your sea pass card to get in. We usually arrived 10 min. before the show and for suite guest it is first come first pick.

Enjoy the CL for pre-dinner drinks.

Safe travels.

When we were in our GS out of Tampa in March we had a binder as mentioned above in our cabin as well as individual menus labeled "exclusive for suite guest" that has selections from the mdr to be ordered in. We found some items in the mdr not on this menu so we requested the full menu to be left in our cabin every night which we ordered off of. On the first night we did't want to miss going under the skyway so we had a full dinner from the mdr served on our balcony. We were glad we did because our friends in the mdr weren't out in time! It was awesome. If you'd like to see the suite menus i kept them and can scan them in...

When we were in our GS out of Tampa in March we had a binder as mentioned above in our cabin as well as individual menus labeled "exclusive for suite guest" that has selections from the mdr to be ordered in. We found some items in the mdr not on this menu so we requested the full menu to be left in our cabin every night which we ordered off of. On the first night we did't want to miss going under the skyway so we had a full dinner from the mdr served on our balcony. We were glad we did because our friends in the mdr weren't out in time! It was awesome. If you'd like to see the suite menus i kept them and can scan them in...

I would love to see these menus if it isn't much trouble. I'm a vegetarian, and sometimes the selection is very limited. I'd like to see what my options will be!

You may have to remind your steward to leave each evening's menu. And you should get a lunch menu for sea days. Again, I've had to ask my steward. But you can order anything on the MDR menu regardless of whether you have an in-suite current menu for that day. You will be spoiled after your first GS!

An OS has a dining table, but the GS's do not.

So, if you want to eat in, have your steward move the coffee table to the end of the bed, and bring in the regular table from the balcony. Then have a tablecloth ordered, and when you want meals in, your have your own private dining table!

At least, that is what we do when we are in a GS.:D;)

Rick

Rick said:

So, if you want to eat in, have your steward move the coffee table to the end of the bed, and bring in the regular table from the balcony. Then have a tablecloth ordered, and when you want meals in, your have your own private dining table!

At least, that is what we do when we are in a GS. :D;)

Nice! I'll have to remember that for my next GS. We don't get a GS that often so we're still learning the ins and outs. If you haven't done it, you got a try it at least once.

I would love to see these menus if it isn't much trouble. I'm a vegetarian, and sometimes the selection is very limited. I'd like to see what my options will be!

Search for a thread called favourite treats to enjoy from room service and there is a like page 2 post 34. Sorry I can't post a link as use the forum from my phone and I am not totally competent!!

Search for a thread called favourite treats to enjoy from room service and there is a like page 2 post 34. Sorry I can't post a link as use the forum from my phone and I am not totally competent!!

thank you!!!

At least, that is what we do when we are in a GS.:D;)

Rick

I didn't realize this was the case with most GS cabins. We were in 1600 aft GS and has a full table for 4 inside and outside on our balcony. The balcony was pretty large though and the rooms layout is different than most GS so maybe that's why we were able to have that arrangement? It was a real treat having a full white table cloth setting laid outside or inside each breakfast and/or dinner....enjoy!

I didn't realize this was the case with most GS cabins. We were in 1600 aft GS and has a full table for 4 inside and outside on our balcony. The balcony was pretty large though and the rooms layout is different than most GS so maybe that's why we were able to have that arrangement? It was a real treat having a full white table cloth setting laid outside or inside each breakfast and/or dinner....enjoy!

Pandi...........only the Radiance class ships have an aft GS....cabin 1600.

Which ship were you on?? Cabin 1600 balcony is smaller than the aft JS balconies, and there is a table there, with 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

The layout, which is the smallest of the GS cabins, at 354 square feet (where most are 384 square feet) normally has a couch on one side, with a coffee table in front.

Maybe you have pictures to show us where this table was located, and if so, I for one, would love to see it. The aft GS is a very funny layout.

I have been a guest in cabin 1600 on both the Radiance of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas, and neither had what you described.

More than 80% of our cruises are in an OS, and we enjoy having friends in for dinner. We could never do that in a GS. It's fun for the two of us, as I have mentioned above.

I don't mean to be challenging.....but would appreciate more information on the ship and maybe a picture or two........to put me in my place!:D

Rick

Must depend on the ship...we had 1600 on the Serenade & had the tall table on the balcony...but the regular glass coffee table inside...course that didn't slow us down from ordering off the MDR menu...we really got spoiled on THAT cruise!

I am happy to scan them in although you would probably be most accommodated by requesting the full menu from your room steward. As I look at these the only items that stand out as strictly vegetarian are the indian selections. Not that those are bad but there are probably items not listed you'd like to try. Regardless I will post what we kept from our March cruise sometime tonight. BTW we had a full table setting inside our cabin and on our balcony but we were in GS 1600 which must have a different layout than the rest of the GS based on previous post so keep that in mind if you're planning for room service. Enjoy!

Must depend on the ship...we had 1600 on the Serenade & had the tall table on the balcony...but the regular glass coffee table inside...course that didn't slow us down from ordering off the MDR menu...we really got spoiled on THAT cruise!

We are on the same cruise...have done some chitchatting over on the Jewel (12/5 cruise) thread...thanks for your input...Bill

would love to see the menus...thanks again, Bill

Pandi...........only the Radiance class ships have an aft GS....cabin 1600.

Which ship were you on?? Cabin 1600 balcony is smaller than the aft JS balconies, and there is a table there, with 2 chairs and 2 loungers.

The layout, which is the smallest of the GS cabins, at 354 square feet (where most are 384 square feet) normally has a couch on one side, with a coffee table in front.

Maybe you have pictures to show us where this table was located, and if so, I for one, would love to see it. The aft GS is a very funny layout.

I have been a guest in cabin 1600 on both the Radiance of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas, and neither had what you described.

More than 80% of our cruises are in an OS, and we enjoy having friends in for dinner. We could never do that in a GS. It's fun for the two of us, as I have mentioned above.

I don't mean to be challenging.....but would appreciate more information on the ship and maybe a picture or two........to put me in my place!:D

Rick

I could totally understand why you'd think that. With the original furniture and layout it would have been cramped but we had them remove a small set of table and chairs which took a lot of room on the balcony. I don't have a picture of the inside but attached is the pic for the balcony. We had two guest for lunch and just scooted the table to the right of the photo to make room for the additional 2 chairs. It wasn't "spacious" by any means but was adequate for 4 to dine outside.

The inside was actually much easier than outside but I have no pics set up :-( Again there was a table that was not practical taking up room that we pushed to the corner and then moved a round table in it's place. Great for playing Euchre or eating!

2100726847_balconytable.jpg.3406d344721176dc423c33847f843724.jpg

I could totally understand why you'd think that. With the original furniture and layout it would have been cramped but we had them remove a small set of table and chairs which took a lot of room on the balcony. I don't have a picture of the inside but attached is the pic for the balcony. We had two guest for lunch and just scooted the table to the right of the photo to make room for the additional 2 chairs. It wasn't "spacious" by any means but was adequate for 4 to dine outside.

The inside was actually much easier than outside but I have no pics set up :-( Again there was a table that was not practical taking up room that we pushed to the corner and then moved a round table in it's place. Great for playing Euchre or eating!

Pandi..... you are one smart person!

On the Majesty, in the OS, there is no dining table. We request that a dining table and 4 chairs be brought in, and it's amazing what we find. On the 3 different trips on the Majesty, three different tables and chairs were in our cabin.

Sometimes, depending on the crew, more will be done for suites. Most people don't know what to ask for.........you do!!:);)

I see 4 dining outside, but really only enough room inside for two to dine.

Thanks for filling me in!!:D

Rick

Pandi..... you are one smart person!

On the Majesty, in the OS, there is no dining table. We request that a dining table and 4 chairs be brought in, and it's amazing what we find. On the 3 different trips on the Majesty, three different tables and chairs were in our cabin.

Sometimes, depending on the crew, more will be done for suites. Most people don't know what to ask for.........you do!!:);)

I see 4 dining outside, but really only enough room inside for two to dine.

Thanks for filling me in!!:D

Rick

No problem at all! Thank you as I save any great ideas for vacation so that's where my creativity come out...lol! Looking forward to what challenges are in the royal family suite on Jewel in 6 days with 5 people! Will post a review with pics...

No problem at all! Thank you as I save any great ideas for vacation so that's where my creativity come out...lol! Looking forward to what challenges are in the royal family suite on Jewel in 6 days with 5 people! Will post a review with pics...

There you have room both outside for a table for 6, and inside, already a table for 4. The round table for 4 inside could be changed out for a rectangular table, that will accomodate 3 on each side and 2 at the ends.

During the time not using the table, a number of chairs could be stored outside on the balcony.

The RS has more room to do what you want to do!

Just some ideas for you!:D

Rick

There you have room both outside for a table for 6, and inside, already a table for 4. The round table for 4 inside could be changed out for a rectangular table, that will accomodate 3 on each side and 2 at the ends.

During the time not using the table, a number of chairs could be stored outside on the balcony.

The RS has more room to do what you want to do!

Just some ideas for you!:D

Rick

Wow that'd work great! I'm not sure about the balcony though...it looks like our family suite on the aft might have a smaller space but we'll see. Not going to complain regardless!

Wow that'd work great! I'm not sure about the balcony though...it looks like our family suite on the aft might have a smaller space but we'll see. Not going to complain regardless!

Pandi..........I know you will work out the details!

Have a wonderful cruise, and come back and let us know how you enjoyed it.

Best of luck!:D:);)

Rick

We tip much like a land based restuarant. Say the bill is $30.00 (you can judge what it would cost) tip the 15-20% as you would at home. Usually for morning coffee a couple of dollars. Hope this helps. We are sailing soon in a GS and I have a sack of $1's & 5's stashed away just for this purpose, LOL!

What would be the norm as far as tipping/gratuities when ordering MDR food to be delivered to the stateroom??

I know this has come up and is somewhat subjective...everyone will do what they are comfortable with but we usually tip a couple of bucks per person if ordering a few items. If we are having an entire 4 course dinner done in the cabin than we'll usually just give them a ten at the beginning. If we find our cabin steward or other employees have done above and beyond at the end of the cruise we'll give a bonus tip on top of what would be considered a norm.

Again we keep them running though...having our waters and/or drinks kept on ice. Breakfast, lunches, and whatever dinners. We also had them moving and/or adding furniture for meals so tipping all depends on what you feel is appropriate for the services provided ;-) We feel it's best to give them a little cash along the way and then a lump at the end based on overall services provided. )

Archived