Foreigners Visiting Latvia, Estonia, Russia

harryw

I'll be on a Northern Europe cruise with one party in our group being a citizen of Ecuador. Would he need any special travel documents besides his Ecuador passport and a Russian tourist Visa?

Harry

Best place to check (and most reliable info) can be found on each of the countries' consular/embassy websites re: visa requirements.

I would not accept advice from anyone else, so as to avoid potential disappointment.

JMO

Best place to check (and most reliable info) can be found on each of the countries' consular/embassy websites re: visa requirements.

I would not accept advice from anyone else, so as to avoid potential disappointment.

JMO

Just like to second this advice (especially since most people on this forum are not citizens of Ecuador - what may be applicable for US/Can/Aust citizens/passport holders may not be the same for citizens/passport holders of other countries.)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with trina2 -- For U.S. citizens, we were covered under the Visa of the cruise ship -- 72 hour rule. This way, we did not have to get a separate Visa for Russia and you can use the ships tours. If you use a private tour operator or go on your own (not recommended in Russia) you will need your own Visa. We heard the private tour operators get it for you -- at a price of course...

I would definitely check with the embassy for other than U.S. citizens to see if the same rules apply...

Good luck and have a great time...:)

If you use a private tour operator or go on your own (not recommended in Russia) you will need your own Visa. We heard the private tour operators get it for you -- at a price of course...

If you do a private tour with a licensed Russian guide you are covered under their blanket VISA just the same as the ship's tours

If you do a private tour with a licensed Russian guide you are covered under their blanket VISA just the same as the ship's tours

Do be aware that the "you" mentioned in this posting does not refer to your group's member from Ecuador. You may have read previous postings where information was given that applied to U. S. Citizens ONLY!!

I would strongly recommend that you direct your question to the Russian Embassy and not rely on information here which may not be correct.

I'll be on a Northern Europe cruise with one party in our group being a citizen of Ecuador. Would he need any special travel documents besides his Ecuador passport and a Russian tourist Visa?

Harry

He should contact the Russian embassy for the correct information

Russia Embassy , Ecuador

It reigns 462 Victory and Ramon Rock

PO Box 17-01-3868

Postal Code:

Quito

Ecuador

Phone:

+593-2-526361

+593-2-526375

+593-2-505089

Fax:

+593-2-565531

+593-2-505089

Email:

embrusia@accessinter.net, embajada@ecuaemb.ru

Website URL:

http://www.ecuaemb.ru

Do be aware that the "you" mentioned in this posting does not refer to your group's member from Ecuador. You may have read previous postings where information was given that applied to U. S. Citizens ONLY!!

I was replying to NEILRR post

Also applies to Canadian citizens

To all other citizens contact the Russian consulate in your area

Archived