Holland and LGBT meetings...

wolfatlga

Someone posted the daily activity list for the Eurodam of Holland America and I was surprised to see a couple of times there was a LGBT meeting listed.

The best I have seen before was a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting listed.

We are going to attend and let Holland know how nice it is to be included. We have also asked to be seated with other Gay couples. My travel agent was not sure, but thought it was a good idea just to let them know, we are on board.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case they are concerned about how they would be treated on the ship. This will be our 3rd Holland, the second time was with a Gay group.

Wolf

It has been one of those great mysteries to me how cruise decide on seating arrangements for dinner - if they consider it at all.

Since it is not documented on anything that you are gay I would think it rather doubtful you would get sat with other gay folks. Although you may have requested 'queen bed' I am thinking this information would not flow to the F&B staff.

It has been one of those great mysteries to me how cruise decide on seating arrangements for dinner - if they consider it at all.

Since it is not documented on anything that you are gay I would think it rather doubtful you would get sat with other gay folks. Although you may have requested 'queen bed' I am thinking this information would not flow to the F&B staff.

Another alternative that I have done several times is ask for a large table of singles. Of course you run the risk of a few wrinkled old prunes looking for a man and that can be fun too.

Dennis

475 days at sea

40 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon

Another alternative that I have done several times is ask for a large table of singles. Of course you run the risk of a few wrinkled old prunes looking for a man and that can be fun too.

Dennis

475 days at sea

40 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon

Hopefully the "prunes" comment won't get you boiled in oil! Another way to try..is to ask the Maitre D (once you board) to seat you with a table of same sex diners. It can be done. Just be sure to make the request as soon as possible.

We've frequently been assigned to tables where there were extra women. On our last cruise, it was a mother-daughter pair. On another, it was a mother and father with two grown daughters, one single and one with her husband. And another time was two straight British ladies traveling together.

LGBT get togethers (so listed in the daily program, no longer "Friends of Dorothy) were listed every day at various times on our Eurodam cruise last November. Prior to that on Oosterdam there was one or two get togethers. I stopped in for the one in the Crow's Nest on Oosterdam and it was VERY sparsely attended. One late thirties male couple and one elderly gentleman who claimed to "be curious." 'nuff said. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here on the Feb,3 Rotterdam 30 day San Diego/Lima/San Diego trip. My partner and I are excited about this trip. We usually attend the lgbt gatherings but not always. Seems like it is mostly guys. On Crystal the glbt crew members attended the gatherings. That was great.

Anyone here on the Feb,3 Rotterdam 30 day San Diego/Lima/San Diego trip. My partner and I are excited about this trip. We usually attend the lgbt gatherings but not always. Seems like it is mostly guys. On Crystal the glbt crew members attended the gatherings. That was great.

No but I've got to say that assistant cruise director on the Serenity is sooooo cute!

Archived