Setting Sail in Long Pants!!??

Frank12

Tomorrow is going to seem really strange. We board the Ecstasy in the morning and the temp tonight is going to be in the low to mid forties.

I'm gonna have to board wearing long pants. I'm used to shorts and flip flops!

Oh, well. At least we're cruising, not working!

This will be good practice for the Alaska cruise next year. :)

Tomorrow is going to seem really strange. We board the Ecstasy in the morning and the temp tonight is going to be in the low to mid forties.

I have done that more than once, and I can assure you that in Alaska, more often than not you will be putting another layer below those long pants, even in July.

Long pants and flip flops. Go for that.

We spent two days in Cocoa Beach before Thanksgiving, prior to getting on the dream, and froze!!! It had to be 50 degrees and people were swimming. The wind was straight out of the north and I needed mittens. Thank heavens it warmed up before we got on the ship. I'd wear pants, too. Have a great trip!!!

Several off-season cruises in Galveston make it seem like I've boarded in jeans more often than shorts. :(. But they're usually put away by the next day!

We're bringing plenty of shorts. It will definitely not be in the 40's in the Bahamas!

We spent two days in Cocoa Beach before Thanksgiving, prior to getting on the dream, and froze!!! It had to be 50 degrees and people were swimming. The wind was straight out of the north and I needed mittens. Thank heavens it warmed up before we got on the ship. I'd wear pants, too. Have a great trip!!!

50's = flip flops and light jacket for me. But after a long winter it is beach weather

We live in central New England. When we fly to our port city, we always wear shorts and short sleeve shirts, even in February. I don't pack any pants! (Except for Elegant Night for DH.)

I say suck it up and wear shorts. :D

have been in your flip flops the last 3 years. you will also need the pants the last day also. we will be getting on the triumph next week and i will most likley be in pants till the next morning then shorts till the last day.

have fun on your cruise

When we sailed the Legend in Jan 08 we had to wear coats while boarding the ship in Tampa....it was cold! On the other hand, last summer when we sailed out of Seward AK, I boarded the ship wearing a short sleeved shirt. That trip was sunny and warm all the way to Vancouver...

Archived