Setting Sail in Long Pants!!??

Frank12

Because of the times I cruise, it is unusual for me to set sail in 'summer' clothing...I've had many cruises where I sailed away with a light coat on. The good thing is that it doesn't take long to get to where it's warm :)

We spent two days in Cocoa Beach before Thanksgiving, prior to getting on the dream, and froze!!! It had to be 50 degrees and people were swimming. The wind was straight out of the north and I needed mittens. Thank heavens it warmed up before we got on the ship. I'd wear pants, too. Have a great trip!!!

LMAO...over 50 degrees & mittens LOL!! Gawd!:rolleyes::p

Girl, that's daym near sun bathing weather LOL Shoot in November if it gets to 50 that's a heat wave here in WI. LOL

When we sailed on the Fascination out of JAX last December, this is what we had to deal with on embarkation day! The warmest it ever got was in the upper 50's-lower 60's in Nassau. I think I wore shorts once during the entire week.

DSCF7559.jpg

When we sailed on the Fascination out of JAX last December, this is what we had to deal with on embarkation day! The warmest it ever got was in the upper 50's-lower 60's in Nassau. I think I wore shorts once during the entire week.

DSCF7559.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats what my FEAR IS! Im sailing the Ecstasy JAN. 16 2012 & crossing all my fingers & toes here, that it says at a descent temp. at embark/debark & the whole cruise! Sucks you had such a COLD cruise TAPI!:(

We live in central New England. When we fly to our port city, we always wear shorts and short sleeve shirts, even in February. I don't pack any pants! (Except for Elegant Night for DH.)

I say suck it up and wear shorts. :D

Right there with you. South Dakota in January will be pretty darn cold but I know son and I will be in shorts even if husband and DIL will be in long pants.

• 1 month later...
LMAO...over 50 degrees & mittens LOL!! Gawd!:rolleyes::p

Girl, that's daym near sun bathing weather LOL Shoot in November if it gets to 50 that's a heat wave here in WI. LOL

Right? It hits 50 in November here and people are running around washing their cars and riding bikes like its springtime ... you really want to see funny - wait for the first 30 degree day in March in MN ... we act like we're on a tropical vacation ... everyone is running around outside without coats on ... "Man, this is nice weather, I don't even need a coat over my sweater and turtleneck" hahaha

Tomorrow is going to seem really strange. We board the Ecstasy in the morning and the temp tonight is going to be in the low to mid forties.

I'm gonna have to board wearing long pants. I'm used to shorts and flip flops!

Oh, well. At least we're cruising, not working!

This will be good practice for the Alaska cruise next year. :)

There have been times I have set sail in a coat!! :eek:

I hope you have a great cruise :D

We've done it before and will be doing it again in 8 days...go to bed in winter and wake up in summer!! It is SO cool to me. The bad thing is "playing summer" for 5 days then coming home to realized that it is still winter where you live!! Put the pants on and pack the shorts....enjoy!!!

I have done that more than once, and I can assure you that in Alaska, more often than not you will be putting another layer below those long pants, even in July.

Sept. 2009 we were in shorts/tanks/flip flops in Ketchican. Was nearly 50. Sunny and a beautiful day. As the locals say, we had total cloud failure all week we were there except for a hour or so of drizzle in Juneau. But all the better for whale watching so we didn't care

Tomorrow is going to seem really strange. We board the Ecstasy in the morning and the temp tonight is going to be in the low to mid forties.

I'm gonna have to board wearing long pants. I'm used to shorts and flip flops!

Oh, well. At least we're cruising, not working!

This will be good practice for the Alaska cruise next year. :)

now here's an odd tradition i picked up from my father. i always travel in long pants, regardless of the temperature. can't seem to shake it. :o

Archived