Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

I don't think those cabins are quite ready yet. The CEO mentioned that they were ahead of schedule on them but originally didn't anticipate that they would be ready for this voyage. I noted in the exterior photos that all the partition dividers were still open and it appears that there were no chairs on the balconies yet either .....if you zoom in real close and squint extra hard! :)

Edited by Toronto Guy

Right TexCruise That might keep me from booking, I was looking forward to booking an AQ cabin in deck 11 for a cruise next May to Alaska for my 70th Birthday but will have to wait and see what happens with the cover over these cabins.

I, too, am curious to see more photos of the balcony/privacy issues on the deck 11 aqua class cabins. We have one booked for the Summit in October. It looks like the railing on deck 12 might be in more which would give more privacy, but it's hard to really tell. Also the overhang doesn't look very large so it may be more open to the elements.

There are a couple of shots - see Post #8

Those are MY shots! Hee hee :p From 12/3 when it was here in Fort Lauderdale. Couldn't get to see the aft balconies and the observation deck that is supposedly on top of the new AQ on 11.

Edited by blazeconsulting

I don't think those cabins are quite ready yet. The CEO mentioned that they were ahead of schedule on them but originally didn't anticipate that they would be ready for this voyage. I noted in the exterior photos that all the partition dividers were still open and it appears that there were no chairs on the balconies yet either .....if you zoom in real close and squint extra hard! :)

Okay, so you're saying the AQ on 11 was not available for passengers on the first sailing of Infinity on 12/3? And there may be additional modifications to be made to them?

Thanks for the tips!

From first views of the pictures and video's, my opinion is that Constellation's refurbishment has a nicer colour palette. Infinity's Cellar Masters is a lot darker due to the purple carpets and dark chairs in faux leather. On Connie, the seats have a gorgeous decoration and the carpet is a delicate mixture of beige/grey and colours.

Although I have only seen pictures of Michaels Club without the furniture, my first thought is that they should have left it alone. I absolutely Hate the wooden walls now painted off-black?!:eek: On Connie, Michaels with the new blue carpeting and gorgeous seats is a stunning "club" lounge that begs for a whiskey/Cognac degustation with a nice piano tune to accompany it.

The Expanded Deck 11 looks ugly and makes the ship look unbalanced. It is obvious that it is an add-on and breaks the sleek lines of M-Class. But that is modern ship design unfortunately.

The Show Lounge is refurbished beautifully. Really nice!

The Solarium and T-pool area has been renovated in a modern and very nice way. On Connie, that area has not been refurbished (except for a deep-clean).

Also the Pool area is very nice with the Lounge seating! Well done Celebrity!

Other venues seem to be an exact copy of the Constellation refurb. Examples are the Champagne bar, Cafe al Baccio and the Atrium.

I would like to see pictures of the renovated and now smaller MDR and the effect of the Blu partition on its "grandeur".

I think Constellation is the best "solsticized" ship anyway. No 200 people more (yet), design as mentioned before.

And I love Qsine but why does it has to be on almost every ship now? Why don´t they alternate and put another Tuscan or even Silk Harvest on the Summit or Millenium??

Check out this link,

Was posted on YouTube yesterday, from the ship tour.

Thanks to "Lifesrudder" for taking and posting this!

I'm ready to sail away...

Infinity looks absolutely fabulous!! :p

OK I am a happy camper. T Pool still has the corner down spouts...Nice job on the film on the pics.

BUMP

Is the ship back yet?

Any pics of the AQ deck 11 afts?

If ya got 'em, post 'em :)

Looking up at them from the bar or looking down at them from the upper deck will do if they weren't available for this sailing.

Edited by MrJulius

Finally great to see the new balconies !!

OK, and maybe I am being too picky, but the one problem I think I see...When we were in a forward facing CS on the Summit before, one of my biggest pleasures was sitting at the windows, drink in hand, enjoying the view forward and out to sea/land etc. It looks like the newly installed partition will completely block the view from the most forward window when inside the cabin ??

I realize why the partition might be needed, as we had to keep the blind on that window closed when we were changing etc, as the folks in cabins forward of us could see in when they were standing on their balcony. But during cold early mornings and evenings in Alaska, that forward view was splendidly wonderful !! Gonna miss that !

Plus, the view forward from those standard balcony cabins now appears to be blocked as well. Before you could easily see past the bulge of the suites, but now that's probably also gone.

Edited by boogs

We're booked into one of those AQ aft cabins on Deck 11 for a May cruise to Alaska. We're very concerned about the privacy issues and also about the cigar smoke coming up from the bar directly below. Can't wait until we actually start seeing some reviews about these cabins. I know that some people are holding off booking the Deck 11 AQ cabins pending these reviews. When I booked our cruise a few weeks ago, all the aft cabins were booked (we got the last one) as well as the majority of the other Deck 11 AQ cabins.

Still wondering if anyone has taken any pictures of the AQ afts, or pictures from the deck above?

Perhaps once the current cruise is over we'll see some pics. It would seem with the slow, expensive internet on board I wouldn't be in a hurry to be uploading pics either.

Prefer the new micheals club! Love the beer selection more fitting for us, and celebrity's modern appeal! Love aqua class being added 200 people will not make a huge difference look at the space ratio on the century!

Enjoy where X is headed very W like and not the same as other large ship cruise lines.