Specialty Dining Packages

On Facebook today RCI announced new Specialty Dining Packages. Of course when I click through the link posted, it is not yet available for my next cruise (which I expected since I am almost a year out). But does anyone have any information on how this works and the cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Facebook today RCI announced new Specialty Dining Packages. Of course when I click through the link posted, it is not yet available for my next cruise (which I expected since I am almost a year out). But does anyone have any information on how this works and the cost?

On our recent b2b2b on Radiance they were offering a Specialty Restaurants Package that was $70pp (reduced from $95) and included dinner at Samba's, Izumi, Chops and Giovanni's.

These are the packages currently listed for me to reserve for my Oasis cruise.

$120 gets you Chef's Table (first night on board only) and then dinner at 150 Central Park and Chops on two other nights that you have to book after you are on board.

$65 gets you Giovanni's Table (first night on board only) and then dinner at 150 Central Park and Chops on two other nights that you have to book after you are on board.

$50 gets you Chops (first night on board only) and then dinner at 2 of 3 other placed booked after you get on board. The list is confusing though as this package is called Oasis Choice yet lists the Samba Grill as one of my options. The other choices are Izumu (no explanation on that one either considering it's normally ala carte) and Giovannis.

They also added in the Surf's Up party for $25 which includes 3 drinks or without alcohol for $15.

Oh I don't like all the first night restrictions. For families such as mine with younger kids and no camp on the first night, these packages won't work :( It will be interesting to see how these packages change and develop over the next year.

We sail on Oasis on Saturday but the packages don't come up on dining selections...

They probably didn't feel it was enough time to allow last minute changes would be my guess. Isn't there a 4 day cut off? According to the descriptions you'll be able to purchase the package onboard prior to 5pm if you are interested.

Oh I don't like all the first night restrictions. For families such as mine with younger kids and no camp on the first night, these packages won't work :( It will be interesting to see how these packages change and develop over the next year.

They create and market these programs to further THEIR goals, not yours/ours.

It's the same reasoning about the D+ coupon that is for a BOGO in a specialty restaurant, good ONLY on the first night also.

They need to put bodies in the restaurants on the first night, which is always a slow time.

Yes, they described exactly what we experienced on Radiance. We thought it was reasonably priced (worked out to $17.50pp per dining venue) for the 17 days we were on board and gave us the chance to try 3 of the new restaurants.

We were on the Radiance this past June. And I overheard the waiter mention they were running a special of 50% off for "Samba"s Grill" for that night only. We jumped on it. Was OK, one warning though. The way it works is you go through multiple courses of meats as you turn a light on and off at your table which in turn lets the waiter know you want more meat. Each next course is a better cut of meat. (about 8 cuts) We could not get through all of them. I would suggest to anyone going here is to ask which cuts of meat they have and then ask for the specific ones you want right up front. The first ones are like chicken breast. pork loin etc.then get better and better.

P.S. I wonder if you would make sense to go to each of the restaurants earlier in the day and ask if they are running a special that day instead of making your reservations online before you go?

I've been searching for this since yesterday afternoon, and am unable to find it for our upcoming cruise. I've read that I'm supposed to book one of the restaurants on the first night, then wait to book the remaining once onboard. In my pre-cruise planner, there no package info or options - I'd be booking blindly with the hopes that I complete the transaction on-board.

I think the package is a great idea, and I would use it if I weren't traveling with a group, but I wish Royal would have the kinks worked out before telling us that it's available to book now when it isn't. (At least it's not clear.)

I've been searching for this since yesterday afternoon, and am unable to find it for our upcoming cruise. I've read that I'm supposed to book one of the restaurants on the first night, then wait to book the remaining once onboard. In my pre-cruise planner, there no package info or options - I'd be booking blindly with the hopes that I complete the transaction on-board.

I think the package is a great idea, and I would use it if I weren't traveling with a group, but I wish Royal would have the kinks worked out before telling us that it's available to book now when it isn't. (At least it's not clear.)

When making your reservations, it will specifically be for the package. If you book the restaurants seperate from that offer it will not count. This is what I see when I go into my cruise specialty reservations section.

Specialty Restaurants

Central Park Dining Package

Chef's Dining Package

Oasis Choice Dining Package

Surf's Up Party Non-alcoholic Beverages

Surf's Up Party With Alcoholic Beverages

Chops Grille

150 Central Park

Solarium Bistro

Chef's Table

Giovannis Table

Izumi

Dreamworks Character Meal

Cupcake Decorating Classes For Kids

Cupcake Decorating Classes For Adults

Ice Cream Party

s.gif

s.gif

All Specialty Dining Options

They create and market these programs to further THEIR goals, not yours/ours.

It's the same reasoning about the D+ coupon that is for a BOGO in a specialty restaurant, good ONLY on the first night also.

They need to put bodies in the restaurants on the first night, which is always a slow time.

That makes perfect sense to me. I'm usually looking forward to the MDR on the first night, but I suppose I could be lured away by a great deal, especially if my anniversary or birthday happened on that first night.

They also added in the Surf's Up party for $25 which includes 3 drinks or without alcohol for $15.

What is the Surf's Up party? Like when/where is it? You have to pay to go? Kind of sounds like the pool deck parties they used to have, but those were free.

What is the Surf's Up party? Like when/where is it? You have to pay to go? Kind of sounds like the pool deck parties they used to have, but those were free.

It's at the Seafood shack. It's like Allure's Fiesta party. They bring out food (from what I've ready on here it's ribs, shrimp and other fried favorites) and then you get 3 drinks. My sailing it's on Wednesday (the day we're in Jamaica) at 8:15pm.

These are the packages currently listed for me to reserve for my Oasis cruise.

$120 gets you Chef's Table (first night on board only) and then dinner at 150 Central Park and Chops on two other nights that you have to book after you are on board.

$65 gets you Giovanni's Table (first night on board only) and then dinner at 150 Central Park and Chops on two other nights that you have to book after you are on board.

$50 gets you Chops (first night on board only) and then dinner at 2 of 3 other placed booked after you get on board. The list is confusing though as this package is called Oasis Choice yet lists the Samba Grill as one of my options. The other choices are Izumu (no explanation on that one either considering it's normally ala carte) and Giovannis.

We've been on both the Oasis and the Allure, and only found the Samba Grill on the Allure. I have a note into RCL dining customer service looking for an answer, as we're back on the Oasis for New Years, and would like to book this package. When I get an answer, I'll post it.

We've been on both the Oasis and the Allure, and only found the Samba Grill on the Allure. I have a note into RCL dining customer service looking for an answer, as we're back on the Oasis for New Years, and would like to book this package. When I get an answer, I'll post it.

From RCCL...No Samba Grill on Oasis.

Royal is doing this to drive more traffic & revenue into the Specialty Dining venues. I'm thrilled at having the opportunity to dine at a discount. I don't ever see Royal charging to dine in the Main Dining Room.

From RCCL...No Samba Grill on Oasis.

It is very funny that the "Oasis Package" lets you choose either Izumi or Samba Grill, but there is no Samba Grill on the Oasis. I also don't like how each of the three package types forces you to eat one night at Chops. That is the one restaurant I don't want to eat at on the Oasis. I wonder if Chops is seeing too much of a drop off on that ship to the other restaurants.

If I could do 150, Chefs Table and then Either Giovannis or Izumi, I would probably consider this.

I also don't like that you have to wait until you get onboard to book other nights. but I guess that is the point. They must be trying to get less people to book online before hand. Maybe there are currently too many changes that people make after they are on-board. but just for curiosity sake I went to look at modifying my current reservations and pretty much everything from 7-9 is now booked. You will probably get stuck eating at 6:30 or 9:30 if you choose this package and need to wait

It's at the Seafood shack. It's like Allure's Fiesta party. They bring out food (from what I've ready on here it's ribs, shrimp and other fried favorites) and then you get 3 drinks. My sailing it's on Wednesday (the day we're in Jamaica) at 8:15pm.

Same for our sailing. Do you know what kind of drinks you get for that $25? Is it a large selection from their drink menus, or are you limited to Frozen margaritas.

Archived