RumRunners On Conquest

jgmpuma

Conquest is no different than other ships. I talked to someone in security in NOLA once who laughed that people think they cant be seen on xrays. She said of course they can, its a matter of time. They have to screen thousands of suitcases and so only will pick out a small percentage to bust.

Odds are good they will get thru, but be prepared to have them destroyed if you get picked, as if the booze is not in its original container, they destroy it.

One ship would not be different than another. Conquest just got to NOLA, but other ships the pax have gone thru the same xray screening.

I would suggest ordering through BV if it's not a money issue. That way you'll be sure to be able to enjoy that pre-dinner drink in your cabin. By the time you buy the Rum Runners and the bottle to fill them, it's close to a break even deal - and the RRs may not even make it through. I could care less if people smuggle...I think many people do it for the challenge. I just think BV is a good deal and it's a sure thing.

Rum Runners may be a break even deal on the first use, but after that they more than pay for themselves after the first cruise IMHO. Believe me, Carnival earns plenty of money off me at the bar so I feel no guilt whatsoever about bringing on my own libations for my room. :D Having said that, good luck with bringing them on board, I have never had a problem.

Rum Runners may be a break even deal on the first use, but after that they more than pay for themselves after the first cruise IMHO. Believe me, Carnival earns plenty of money off me at the bar so I feel no guilt whatsoever about bringing on my own libations for my room. :D Having said that, good luck with bringing them on board, I have never had a problem.

I'm sure you're right about the long term value or RRs being better than break even. The OP said it wasn't a money issue - he just wanted to be sure he had booze in his room. BV is the only way to be sure. I'm not worried about guilt...I'm like the OP and just want to know I have a bar set up in my room. The possible upside of getting them through security is minimal (I save a few bucks over BV), but the downside of having them taken away if discovered would take away something I enjoy on a cruise - a drink on my balcony whenever I wanted one. Saving $25 once a year with RRs isn't that appealing compared with a dry cabin.

I've had rum runners for years and have never gotten caught..It's all in where you pack them...I pack mine in my wifes beach bag with all her sunscreen and bottles...other times I pack them next to my shave kit with the dedoeorant and razors and shave cream..Several times I bring some back home...I always carry on a 12 pack of sprites in my rolling carry-on....Dennis

I'm sure you're right about the long term value or RRs being better than break even. The OP said it wasn't a money issue - he just wanted to be sure he had booze in his room. BV is the only way to be sure. I'm not worried about guilt...I'm like the OP and just want to know I have a bar set up in my room. The possible upside of getting them through security is minimal (I save a few bucks over BV), but the downside of having them taken away if discovered would take away something I enjoy on a cruise - a drink on my balcony whenever I wanted one. Saving $25 once a year with RRs isn't that appealing compared with a dry cabin.

If it gets taken chalk it up to a loss and order a bottle through room service, but never have lost any yet!

\

I have not yet had an issue getting run runners on board in my checked luggage (went on the Triumph out of NOLA in June with no problems).

I do not agree that purchasing the liquor to smuggle on board plus the rum runners is a break even deal versus Bon Voyage. Even factoring in the cost of buying the rum runners, my out of pocket expense was still almost 1/2 what buying the same bottle of liquor through Bon Voyage was (and it's way less than that now that I have the rum runners).

Making a gamble that my $17 bottle of vodka makes it on board in the rum runners is definitely worth it to me considering the same bottle of vodka is $40 through Bon Voyage. Worst case scenario is I get an interesting story to laugh over about getting sent to the "naughty" room and I'm out $17!

I have rum runners but never smuggled with them. I always get a BV bottle delivered. BUT...and this is funny, I put my BV rum in a small RR and carry it with me on deck as I find a plce to sit and read for the day. Then I have my drink with me and avoid the over priced cocktails on board.

Odd...yeah kinda? Just don't trust not having booze if caught smuggling I guess. Just can't pay over 4 or 5 for a simple SINGLE drink.

On the other hand my brother packers 30 beers, in cans, in 3 suitcases and all got through?

Beer for me...I love it, but rum on ship and cheaper beer in port has been my plan the first 2 cruises

Just finished our Victory trip,,,,I walked on with 4 "water" bottles(plastic 20 oz) in my cargo pockets,,,walked right through the whole process,,no one ever knew,,,2 vodka and 2 rum. I made several drinks during the trip(passion juice in AM is great!). No need to buy anything but water,,drink it and fill it up!:cool:

Archived