RCI Diamond = Balcony discount on Celebrity?

LGD

I saw the Elite benefits on Celebrity, which seem to outweigh the RCI Diamond coupon book - may I also expect to receive the balcony discount when booking with Celebrity as a RCI Diamond? Thanks all.

:confused:

So for a two week cruise in a balcony what would be the discount? TIA for this info:p And to book this cruise on board would I receive a $300 OBC?

You have to be Platinum or above with RCI for the balcony or suite discount. A two week cruise would qualify for the highest discount ($350 if booked more than six months out, $300 if less than six months IIRC. The onboard booking bonus is available for everyone & is combinable with the balcony/suite discount. Not sure, but for a two week cruise $300 OBC sounds about right. Also, the OBC offer is available for all cabin categories, not just balcony & above. One more thing - the discounts and/or OBC are per cabin, not per person. Hope this helps.

As an example, we booked a b2b on the Brilliance for Oct 2012 out of Quebec City thru Cape Liberty down to San Juan. Eleven nights and then eight nights.

As D+ we got $350 balcony discount + $150 OBC for the first leg and then $250 balcony discount + $100 OBC for the second leg. We booked this while on the Allure in May 2011, 17 months out. This totals $850 and encouraged us to get a center hump balcony, D1, rather then the smaller E balcony.

You have to be Platinum or above with RCI for the balcony or suite discount. A two week cruise would qualify for the highest discount ($350 if booked more than six months out, $300 if less than six months IIRC. The onboard booking bonus is available for everyone & is combinable with the balcony/suite discount. Not sure, but for a two week cruise $300 OBC sounds about right. Also, the OBC offer is available for all cabin categories, not just balcony & above. One more thing - the discounts and/or OBC are per cabin, not per person. Hope this helps.

You cannot combine the OBC you get for doing an onboard booking as well as a balcony discount. And no, the balcony discount is not available on Celebrity; only on RCI.

You cannot combine the OBC you get for doing an onboard booking as well as a balcony discount. And no, the balcony discount is not available on Celebrity; only on RCI.

Read the above post from The Big Booper. You can now combine OBC from an onboard booking with the balcony discount. This from the RCI website:

Any guest can take advantage of the Onboard Booking Bonus offer by enrolling in Crown & Anchor® Society and/or presenting a valid Crown & Anchor Society number to our onboard Loyalty & Cruise Sales staff to place in your future cruise reservation. Enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society program by filling out an electronic form by going to the onboard iCafe, calling your local Loyalty or International Representative, going to www.RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor, or picking up a form and dropping it off at the Guest Relations desk or your Loyalty & Cruise Sales consultant onboard.

The Onboard Booking Bonus benefit is an onboard credit added to your new individual reservations made while sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship and is based on the length of cruise purchased. You can use in conjunction with the Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificates for Gold members and with the Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificates OR Special Balcony and Suite Stateroom discounts for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. This offer cannot be combined with another onboard credit on the same reservation. The Onboard Booking Bonus is in US dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply. Offer must be submitted with the applicable offer code in the reservation by the Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager or Associate at time of booking to be valid. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice.

The person inquiring about the balcony/suite discount and onboard booking bonus was inquiring about RCI, not Celebrity.

Dead wrong. See my post right above yours. I was reading from the invoices as I typed. Talking about RCI here. =X= has no balcony discounts.

We got OBC and balcony discounts on the cruises.

Yes, but for a 2 week cruise booked on board Celebrity, anyone can get a three category Upgrade (lots of times worth more than $300) plus $300 OBC (combinable with a TA OBC)

Some of us would want the cash. By properly timing the purchase on RCI, sometimes the bigger D's are only a little more expensive then the smaller E's.

But =X= gives more internet time for Elites.

But the RCI nightly free cocktail events run 5:30 pm thru 8:30 PM which is better then the 5-7 PM events on =X= (Elites and D+).

Each line has better perks in some areas.

RCI offers a balcony discount of up to $350 per cabin per sailing, which trumps by a mile the greater value of the Celebrity Elite perks over D or D+ perks.

As a cruiser who does not care about having a balcony this is not important.

I know on Royal only Freedom and above(and Radiance?) have open bar happy hours-Does Celebrity have Elite Clubs on every ship? If so IMO Celebrity's perks are much better.

We still cannot combine the shareholder obc with the balcony discount on RCI, right? Just the obc from booking onboard with the balconcy discount?

Having just sailed Royal Caribbean for the first time, I do know that their Crown & Anchor Balcony Discount is not combinable with the Shareowner Benefit associated with being an RCCL stockholder... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me after reading some of the posts above...

Read the above post from The Big Booper. You can now combine OBC from an onboard booking with the balcony discount. This from the RCI website:

Any guest can take advantage of the Onboard Booking Bonus offer by enrolling in Crown & Anchor® Society and/or presenting a valid Crown & Anchor Society number to our onboard Loyalty & Cruise Sales staff to place in your future cruise reservation. Enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society program by filling out an electronic form by going to the onboard iCafe, calling your local Loyalty or International Representative, going to www.RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor, or picking up a form and dropping it off at the Guest Relations desk or your Loyalty & Cruise Sales consultant onboard.

The Onboard Booking Bonus benefit is an onboard credit added to your new individual reservations made while sailing on a Royal Caribbean ship and is based on the length of cruise purchased. You can use in conjunction with the Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificates for Gold members and with the Crown & Anchor Society Savings Certificates OR Special Balcony and Suite Stateroom discounts for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle. This offer cannot be combined with another onboard credit on the same reservation. The Onboard Booking Bonus is in US dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply. Offer must be submitted with the applicable offer code in the reservation by the Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager or Associate at time of booking to be valid. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice.

The person inquiring about the balcony/suite discount and onboard booking bonus was inquiring about RCI, not Celebrity.

Wow! I stand corrected. We were just onboard LOTS Transatlantic and they didn't allow us to combine.

No there isn't a balcony discount on Celebrity.

I actually noticed that there have been discounts...not on every sailing but here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/exclusiveOffers/viewPromoTypeDetails.do?promoType=74

We've gotten 100.00 or 125.00 off our last few sailing in addition to some other promos. Check the Captain's Club area.

Wow! I stand corrected. We were just onboard LOTS Transatlantic and they didn't allow us to combine.

This change in policy has been in place for a while now. If they didn't allow you to combine & you are qualified you should follow up & get what's due. BTW How was the TA? I've been wanting to do one for ages but can't seem to find one that works with my work schedule on =X= or RCI. :( Cunard has some nice offerings but don't think I'd like the whole "class" cruising thing.

I really dislike the whole RCL policy of being unable to combine discounts/credits etc. As a stockholder, elite member in Club and a frequent cruiser. I am loathe to sign on for future crusing on these ships. Am I missing an advantage.

~DORIS~

As a cruiser who does not care about having a balcony this is not important.

I know on Royal only Freedom and above(and Radiance?) have open bar happy hours-Does Celebrity have Elite Clubs on every ship? If so IMO Celebrity's perks are much better.

Yes, there is the Elite Perk of morning breakfast and afternoon

drinks on every ship.

This change in policy has been in place for a while now. If they didn't allow you to combine & you are qualified you should follow up & get what's due. BTW How was the TA? I've been wanting to do one for ages but can't seem to find one that works with my work schedule on =X= or RCI. :( Cunard has some nice offerings but don't think I'd like the whole "class" cruising thing.

We booked the TA so far out, I guess that's why it didn't apply to our sailing.

As far as the TA, it was our first and we loved-loved-loved it! We did a westbound, which the next time we do another TA (and we definitely will do more), it will probably always be westbound. Loved doing all the sightseeing at the beginning and then relaxing the following week. And loved those 25 hours days coming home. Ours was a 14 night sailing.

Jo-Ann

Archived