How much more are you willing to pay for ...?

nimiq

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

If so would that cover only the soft drinks,Alcohol or alternative dining ?

regards

Eric

Since I can generally go without the "extras" on the ship, like soda, booze and upscale restaurants, I"m just fine with the way things are now. I'm perfectly happy with water, tea and coffee as my drinks for a week. :) Besides, I think if booze was included the ship would go to hell in a hurry. It certainly would be far less of a family atmosphere.

I agree with SDMIKE. I have maybe one or two alchoholic drinks a day which I don't mind paying for. Never drink soda and rarely eat in the specialty restaurants. I like the prices just as they are... I don't want to pay for something that someone else drinks. My DH has many more drinks than I do and our "bar bill" at the end of the week has never been more than a couple of hundred dollars... I don't want to have to pay for the person who drinks all day and night. I'd rather use my extra money to book a suite... those perks are the onse that are important to me.:)

I also agree, I think it's fine the way it is. I would rather pay a lower base price and then decide for myself where I want to spend any extra. That way I can choose what is important to me, whether it be getting a suite, extra cost dining, drinks, shore excursions, etc. I would rather make my own choices than have to pay more money up front for what the cruise line has determined is to be included.

Since I can generally go without the "extras" on the ship, like soda, booze and upscale restaurants, I"m just fine with the way things are now. I'm perfectly happy with water, tea and coffee as my drinks for a week. :) Besides, I think if booze was included the ship would go to hell in a hurry. It certainly would be far less of a family atmosphere.

While I might enjoy the benefits of this, your point about the atmosphere on the ship if well taken. It could be a safety issue as well. I think things are much better as they are.

I also agree with SDMike. If would be concerned about the ship's atmosphere changing if alcohol were included in the fare. I would worry about safety and increased chance of drunken, noisy neighbors. increased odds of fights. as for dining, I would rather pay for specialty restaurants instead of finding them overbooked with a line of unhappy, possibly angry people unable to get in. soda cards are available to those who drink enough soda to justify; I do not wish to underwrite them. I'll drink coffee, water, iced tea, or mix a beverage with a "to-go" mix packet.

Please leave it the way it is.

One more here that agrees with Mike.

Personally I do not drink soda often. I do a bar setup and don't want to see specialty restaurants turn into a free for all and the ship full of drunks. I see now how some people are with food being all-inclusive (buffet, MDR)... I would hate to see that rationale taken with booze. It is fine the way it is.

Ditto for me also. I don't want to see alcohol included in the fare. I'm OK with water, coffee, and Iced Tea. If I choose to go to a specialty restaurant, I'll pay for it. However, I don't want to pay extra for things that I won't use.

Pax can bring their own bottled water or canned soda on board. Leave fares low.

Chiming in with the majority here. I would rather have my own option plan, be able to use the extra dough to upgrade to a suite and have those Cagney's meals!

More and more I'm not as interested in the dinners after Breakfast and Lunch, suite style!

I have been to some all-inclusive resorts where the booze flows freely...they even have drinking contests!...and the atmosphere is a little too Frat Party for me.

And as long as Donna has her mini blender...it's all good!

This is my question how much more would you be willing to pay for to make cruise lines a bit more All-Inclisive ?

regards

Eric

Since I drink VERY little (maybe 1 alcoholic drink per cruise) and don't drink soft drinks - nothing.

I think the cruise lines would be wise to increase the price of the suites (possibly only the high end ones) a couple hundred dollars and include the specialty restaurants in the price. It would sound like a perk, but in reality, they would make money on it.

The booze is a different story. I agree with everyone else that it would not be wise to do.

regards

Eric

I would not pay a single penny more.

I like the a la carte pricing model. I pay for what I want / need. You pay for what you want / need.

I'm with the majority here. I like the way it is now. I don't want to pay for things that I don't use and don't mind paying for things I do. I love the a la carte aspect of NCL.

I don't want to pay for someone elses drinking habits, I don't have little kids and therefore don't want my DSC to include the Kids crew staff or for those that have butlers and consierges, I don't want to pay extra for spa privileges (besides then the spa would be really busy and take away from the intimate setting for those that use it). I don't mind paying extra for an upscale meal.

I don't mind paying for the drinks I choose to imbibe, nor do I have any problem paying for the occasional specialty restaurant visits... but I think I would have a problem paying for the privilege of free alcohol and specialty restaurants up front as an all inclusive fee since the price would probably be based upon an average consumption that far exceeds our own.

I also believe that an all inclusive experience might lead to far more alcohol related incidents. Typically your wallet is a better conscience when it comes to over-indulging :-).

regards

Eric

I would be pissed off with this and not pay a penny more.

I don't drink soda. Rarely drink alcohol. A specialty restaurants not a big deal to me.

An all inclusive alcohol package will just cause problems with amateur drunks that only drink on St Patty's day New Years And Vacation. They should be Charged A Nuisance Fee. :eek:

I would probably cruise less or change lines if this took place.

Archived