Did Monarch Fail Recent CDC Inspection?

EVALUATOR

I don't disagree about the Monarch having a really bad inspection. I'm happy to read that the manager in charge is no longer there.

The only point I was trying to make is that 2 different inspectors will come up with 2 different scores. Kind of like appraisals. From some of the problems reported - Monarch would hopefully have been failed by any inspector.

I agree.

And as I posted earlier, I hope Monarch's goal is a 100, and not just to pass the next inspection.

Maybe it's just me, but nothing sounded "that bad" to me. No gross outs. No mice, cockroaches, moldy food. I'm sure it was a one-off.

Not that bad? Really?

Refrigerators not cold enough. Food not cooked to the proper temperature. Do you think mice, cockroaches, and moldy food are the only things that can cause sickness in food? Maybe not "gross", but very unsafe, and very bad, at least to me! :eek:

Maybe it's just me, but nothing sounded "that bad" to me. No gross outs. No mice, cockroaches, moldy food. I'm sure it was a one-off.

Everything listed is considered to be a major contributor to bacterial and viral propegation that are the primary causes of food poisoning and foodbourne infections such as noro. It's not coincidental that the incidence of noro outbreaks on ships has declined steadily since these types of inspections and tightening of the rules have increased.

I agree.

And as I posted earlier, I hope Monarch's goal is a 100, and not just to pass the next inspection.

And remember that she hasn't had anything under 92 or 93 (I looked at the history a couple of days ago) in many years. I think this report is an anomaly, but it's gone viral and all of those good scores are now forgotten.

I'd sail on her tomorrow.

I agree.

While that is nice a 100 is not possible to obtain, since they automatically take off one point for older ships. So the highest mark the Monarch can get is 99.

Gina,

we sailed on another RCI's ship last week and the subject of that particular inspection did come up in a conversation with someone in charge of the 'food department' ( not going give you any details about that person's position or job discription ), I was informed that the person responsible for the failed inspection on Monarch was fired the next day. RCCL considers anything below 93 as a failure.

I know they do have a new F&B on MN now.

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what actions were taken regarding this poor performance? How long until the CDC re-inspects the Monarch? I am taking my elderly Mother-In-Law on this ship at the end of the month, and would like to know that everything has been brought up to appropriate standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived