will my kids get to keep their status?

fd851

Good question :confused:...My over 18 DS lives at home so he should get our D+ status after DH and myself's next cruise which will elevate us to D+..he's D now....

He's already 18 so he won't get your status unless they make a mistake.

They aren't discriminating. The status is given to mates/partners/spouse/significant others at the same address. This is only one person.

If all 4 of my over 18 children still lived at home, should they get the C&A level we are? RCI draws the line somewhere. Our kids are lucky they get the status prior to their 18th birthday. RCI is a bit generous in this regard but it probably locks in future cruisers without giving them all the cruise points. They just give them some wine when they are grown. Most people aren't likely to make it to D+ if they have a load of kids under 18 years old anyway. How often could most people afford to cruise if they have a lot of kids that are school age. Time and money could both be issues.

Gina

Good question :confused:...My over 18 DS lives at home so he should get our D+ status after DH and myself's next cruise which will elevate us to D+..he's D now....

According to 'current rules', he shouldn't. Since he already has a C&A account, I don't think he'll advance in level. If he didn't have a C&A account, and he called C&A to get it done, I think he would have some chance of getting D+ just because all reps do not have the same training and do not follow the 'current rules', or even the same rules. It's a crapshoot, really. Just my experience.

They used to give the same status to all household members, regardless of age, and some people still report it happening, but it is inconsistent. Now they say no one over 17 in same household will advance, unless a significant other, apparently. I am really surprised they would give same status to any two adults living at the same address, but not to actual family members living at the same address. It's very odd.

If all 4 of my over 18 children still lived at home, should they get the C&A level we are? RCI draws the line somewhere. Gina

Actually, based on previous posts about gf/bf getting same status, I would say yes. How many people really still have 4 adult children living at home, and are D or D+ members, and are all cruising? I am guessing not many, just like the bf/gfs living together and asking for same status.

2 of my children are D+ and 1 is D (oldest, who was 19 when we turned D+). Sailing Allure in July, and it would be nice to use the breakfast and lunch options in the CL but I'm wondering if it will be a problem. My kids probably wouldn't be in the lounge for any amount of time during cocktail hour.

I was about to buy stock in La Terre - you just convinced me not to. :D

Gina

No worries there......not big drinkers at all and never wine..:) In fact,I think they would find it kinda boring in there...(and thats me talking,not them):p

Actually, based on previous posts about gf/bf getting same status, I would say yes. How many people really still have 4 adult children living at home, and are D or D+ members, and are all cruising? I am guessing not many, just like the bf/gfs living together and asking for same status.

2 of my children are D+ and 1 is D (oldest, who was 19 when we turned D+). Sailing Allure in July, and it would be nice to use the breakfast and lunch options in the CL but I'm wondering if it will be a problem. My kids probably wouldn't be in the lounge for any amount of time during cocktail hour.

And I would still say no. The reason being that if they allowed unlimited 18 and over children to be the same level as parents based on address, there would be a whole lot of people using their parent's address when booking cruises. Children under 18 ARE likely living at home. One significant other is all that most people have. No one can lie about the kids ages or claim more than one spouse legally either. Grown kids living at home is open to abuse based on lies.

Gina

The widow would have a smile on his face:):)

Don't you mean "The widow would have a smile on HER face??:D Or am I mixinig that up with widower?

And then, pry tell the widow and young lady have a child (I guess adopt), but I'm sure that someone has already pointed this out!!;)

Rick

According to 'current rules', he shouldn't. Since he already has a C&A account, I don't think he'll advance in level. If he didn't have a C&A account, and he called C&A to get it done, I think he would have some chance of getting D+ just because all reps do not have the same training and do not follow the 'current rules', or even the same rules. It's a crapshoot, really. Just my experience.

They used to give the same status to all household members, regardless of age, and some people still report it happening, but it is inconsistent. Now they say no one over 17 in same household will advance, unless a significant other, apparently. I am really surprised they would give same status to any two adults living at the same address, but not to actual family members living at the same address. It's very odd.

I think the key factor is what happens when the child is UNDER 18, because once they reach 18 their C&A status is frozen. So, if kids move around it doesn't make any difference: they are at that status until they earn a higher one, regardless of where they live.

The other side of this issue is if someone else moves in with that over 18 frozen C&A member. That second person is granfathered because of their same address.

So, under 18 gets the member status; over 18 ONLY grandfathers a new co-habiting member. You can't move back in with Mom after age 18 and then get a new status. Mom and Dad move up on their own, and kiddo moves up on his/her own.

No offense to anyone who has leveled up because of this rule, but I think that RCI allowing bf/gfs who live in the same house to up their status to the higher person's is a ridiculous rule.

Boyfriend-girlfriend, and even engagement is not permanent. It is too easy to begin and end. With marriage, you have to go through a lot of consideration and paperwork (and I'm still wondering if a divorcee would get to keep their status if they leveled up when they were married). I understand wanting to do this for homosexual couples, however it is legal for same-sex couples to marry in Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, and D.C. Therefore, marriage is not impossible, and I know that there are many homosexual couples who have gone to the lengths to get married in a state in which it is legal.

So now you know...same address,same status.......no matter the relationship.

Sounds like I need to call C&A. My boyfriend and I have lived together for 3 years, same address. We went on a cruise in 2010. That was his first. I was platinum and he did not have "any" status. I enrolled him in C&A after that cruise and linked him to my account where you "enroll other members of your household". We have an upcoming cruise in a couple weeks. The set sail docs list him as Gold and me as Platinum. It seems he should get my platinum status? At least while we're living in the same household with the same address. I carry him on my insurance as my "domestic partner", it would seem he should get my status as well if they offer that to "spouses"?

Sounds like I need to call C&A. My boyfriend and I have lived together for 3 years, same address. We went on a cruise in 2010. That was his first. I was platinum and he did not have "any" status. I enrolled him in C&A after that cruise and linked him to my account where you "enroll other members of your household". We have an upcoming cruise in a couple weeks. The set sail docs list him as Gold and me as Platinum. It seems he should get my platinum status? At least while we're living in the same household with the same address. I carry him on my insurance as my "domestic partner", it would seem he should get my status as well if they offer that to "spouses"?

Yes, you should call C&A. Domestic partners are included.

I had to call them after our cruise with son and future DIL, because RCCL's system tried to reset my son back to Gold, but they left my future DIL at Diamond. Go figure that one out!

I still had the letter sent to me when our entire family made Diamond years ago, names and C&A numbers, and I insisted that they couldn't put him back. It's a point thing that their system doesn't deal with very well: too few points for the status showing.

We got it fixed, but it took a looooong phone call.

Archived