Do creams count as liquids??

curlymason

Ask the security people at TLV.
Just to get one thing straight: If the US adopted TLV-style security, the airline industry would collapse because very few people would bother to fly any more. The intrusiveness and duration of the security screening, including of people who would personally consider themselves to fit a "low risk" profile, would put people off flying way more than the current level of hassle.

It's the funniest thing about passengers who moan about US security and point to Israeli security as a better model: those passengers would never put up with what Israeli security routinely demands.

I can't wait for the TSA Trusted Traveler program to take affect in most major airports across the US. Of course I'm sure people who fly once a year will be crying foul because they still have to take their shoes off...

Just to get one thing straight: If the US adopted TLV-style security, the airline industry would collapse because very few people would bother to fly any more. The intrusiveness and duration of the security screening, including of people who would personally consider themselves to fit a "low risk" profile, would put people off flying way more than the current level of hassle.

It's the funniest thing about passengers who moan about US security and point to Israeli security as a better model: those passengers would never put up with what Israeli security routinely demands.

My only point in mentioning TLV was the fact that profiling is part of the equation. I understand the differences between the markets and situations. I just think all techniques for assessing risk should be in play and not limited because of political correctness concerns.

My own hope is that the trusted traveler programs integrate more over time however, I really don't know what exists outside the US I may be selling out my personal privacy a bit more by being part of the US Global Entry program but I really don't see it as any material change in what is known about me.

My only point in mentioning TLV was the fact that profiling is part of the equation. I understand the differences between the markets and situations. I just think all techniques for assessing risk should be in play and not limited because of political correctness concerns.

My own hope is that the trusted traveler programs integrate more over time however, I really don't know what exists outside the US I may be selling out my personal privacy a bit more by being part of the US Global Entry program but I really don't see it as any material change in what is known about me.

I sold my privacy out several years ago as part of the FlyCLEAR program, I'm happy to do so again. I've got nothing to hide, and I'd rather have them to a background check on me to prove it than have them grope me every time I fly.

Archived