Cruise Credit issues on website

PeterPan

I know how this goes with an incorrect "my cruises" site. Although my total is correct, I have the Independence of the Seas listed twice in my history. Each time has a 3 beside it (formerly cruise credits, not points). I had been booked on a TA in a suite on the ship and when I canceled and booked another ship that left the same day, they gave me credits for both cruises. That messed up my glass block. So I told them. They decided to subtract the 3 credits, which of course messed up my block again since I missed getting the block on the ship I was to get it on. And that subtraction is what they claim the second 3 is by the ship when it's listed immediately following the first 3. There is no minus sign on my site, but they say there is on their site. I always wondered why they didn't just delete the ship from my history. :confused:

As for proving my cruises with a seapass - They took my seapass from me in Victoria last May when we debarked a day early. They said I couldn't have it back. Had I known they were going to do this, I would have had an extra room key made before giving up my original key. They took DH's, too. Of course we don't have an embarkation picture for that cruise either because we were already on the ship from a previous cruise - B2B.

Long story - I know. But they seem to be very good at messing up our history in one way or another. My history is wrong but my points are right, fortunately.

They did take some points I deserved when they converted to points last January. I was on a cruise that started before the conversion but ended after. They decided I should only get 5 points for a 5 day cruise. I believed I should get 14 for 2 cruise credits I should have gotten for a JS upgrade since up until that time, upgrades got full credit. We compromised at 10 points - They considered me booked in the JS but at the cruise point rate. I didn't fight it although those 4 more points would have been nice. You never know when they could come in handy. ;) :)

Gina

Gina, I agree, you never know when those points might come in handy.

I can see my history and cruise points. The cruise history is still correct, the point total is still incorrect.

Gina, I agree, you never know when those points might come in handy.

I can see my history and cruise points. The cruise history is still correct, the point total is still incorrect.

My 4 points will never be even though I think that past cruise should have been treated the way the rules were at the date of embarkation.

And in my case, I know that 3 and 3 in the case of Independence really adds up to 0 even though the 2 3s show up on my history. LOL So, deleting that Independence mess, my history and credits add up.

As for you and Sheila, simple addition should clear it up for them. It seems as if they're having a hard time finding someone capable of that. :rolleyes:

Gina

Gina, another call yesterday to D+ confirmed that my total is incorrect. She manually added the days since the conversion, came up with the correct total, which was the same as my total, and sent off a message. Why those 6 points went missing is anybody's guess. She also said it might be "several cruises" before my total is corrected. <groan>

Yes, their database is wrong.

Might be several cruises before their corrected?

What kind of "glitch" is this??

Doesn't look like I'll be seeing my missing points anytime soon :confused:

Not Happy.

Wow! When I started this thread I should have realized how "passionate" some folks are about their points!! I posted this thought on CC years ago, but still feel the same way:

I cruise for the sake of cruising. We enjoy it. I don't cruise for the C&A benefits, and have a hard time understanding those who do. The C&A program is no different than a mileage program through the airlines, or a program offered by a hotel chain. I see it as a way for the company to express a "thank you" to me for my patronage. I will accept any benefits they choose to offer in that vein. If they throw the whole program in the trash tomorrow, it will not change the reason I cruise with RCI, and will not change any future plans I may have for cruises. Being a Diamond C&A member means nothing about my self worth, and does not make me better or worse than anyone else on the ship.

I started this thread to let folks know there was a problem with the website. C&A has consistently stated they have the correct totals on file, and for the most part, they seem to. This is NOTHING to get upset about, and it will be fixed eventually.

Now, feel free to carry on! :D

I was on a 7 day cruise on 12/4/2011 and they still have not updated my point total. I guess I will have to call them to get them off their lazy posteriors and do what they advertise. Good move RCL, it makes me want to go on another of your cruises.....NOT!

I was on a 7 day cruise on 12/4/2011 and they still have not updated my point total. I guess I will have to call them to get them off their lazy posteriors and do what they advertise. Good move RCL, it makes me want to go on another of your cruises.....NOT!

We were on the Mariner with you........if you need to have someone vouch for you..........no problem!!:D;):D

Rick

Wow! When I started this thread I should have realized how "passionate" some folks are about their points!! I posted this thought on CC years ago, but still feel the same way:

I cruise for the sake of cruising. We enjoy it. I don't cruise for the C&A benefits, and have a hard time understanding those who do. The C&A program is no different than a mileage program through the airlines, or a program offered by a hotel chain. I see it as a way for the company to express a "thank you" to me for my patronage. I will accept any benefits they choose to offer in that vein. If they throw the whole program in the trash tomorrow, it will not change the reason I cruise with RCI, and will not change any future plans I may have for cruises. Being a Diamond C&A member means nothing about my self worth, and does not make me better or worse than anyone else on the ship.

I started this thread to let folks know there was a problem with the website. C&A has consistently stated they have the correct totals on file, and for the most part, they seem to. This is NOTHING to get upset about, and it will be fixed eventually.

For me it's all about the Principle. I'm also a few points away from Diamond Plus and My Loyalty with RCI earned me that status, They should at least alert Their Members regarding this "Glitch". I Just find it kinda rude to leave us clueless when the problem is going to be fixed.

It's been almost 6 weeks since I completed my last cruise. What kind of people do they have working in the IT department? Students?? :mad:

Ok.. I'm done Venting \:p/

If the airlines posted incorrect mileage, I would pursue that, as well. We have enjoyed many award travel flights, and will continue to do so. With any affinity program, you choose the one that is a good fit, and enjoy the benefits. We paid zero for our recent Australia hotels and flights, both before and after the cruise. It made the trip affordable for us. Just sayin':)

If the airlines posted incorrect mileage, I would pursue that, as well. We have enjoyed many award travel flights, and will continue to do so. With any affinity program, you choose the one that is a good fit, and enjoy the benefits. We paid zero for our recent Australia hotels and flights, both before and after the cruise. It made the trip affordable for us. Just sayin':)

I think what the OP is saying is that they are already aware of it, so why keep calling? Its not like the person at the end of the phone is going to be able to tell you anything different then yesterday, or the day before, or the month before that. Just give em all a break, we all know they are working on it. When they say its fixed and something isnt right then, then that is worth calling about.

I think what the OP is saying is that they are already aware of it, so why keep calling? Its not like the person at the end of the phone is going to be able to tell you anything different then yesterday, or the day before, or the month before that. Just give em all a break, we all know they are working on it. When they say its fixed and something isnt right then, then that is worth calling about.

Best response to this thread.:)

Thank you. I don't remember mentioning calling C&A repeatedly. I do remember posting that our points were eventually posted, but incorrectly. This is my 13th post on this thread. I have spoken to C&A once on the telephone regarding the separate issue we are facing.

One more thing the C&A rep told me on Monday - whether or not it's true...

She said the count problem only affects those who have a spouse or significant other who's account is linked AND has a different amount of cruise credits. I know in my case and in PH8's case, our husbands have less cruise points than us - even though their "my cruises" accounts will show the same.

Are those of you with correct counts single cruisers? Or have you and your spouse been on all of your cruises together?

Gina

i live and cruise alone and i have the same glitch

does anybody who went to a higher status show the new status with the lower points or does it show the old status?

Thank you. I don't remember mentioning calling C&A repeatedly. I do remember posting that our points were eventually posted, but incorrectly. This is my 13th post on this thread. I have spoken to C&A once on the telephone regarding the separate issue we are facing.

I think we have every right to call and complain to C&A.. I mean seriously! How long does it take to fix this problem? This is a Huge Empire..

They should have the best techs! I'm not fond the way this is being handled

at all. :eek:

Sure, you have the right to call up and complain, but, to what end? Your call is not going to get the problem fixed any quicker, so why bother?

I've only called 3x within a 6wk frame.. But My points is if enough of us call they will get it fix immediately. Trust me.

People that stay Quiet don't get Nothing in life. ;)

My points is quit bugging the operators at RCI with a problem the IT department is working to fix. Trust me.

I'm waiting. Yesterday, I confirmed that my history is correct with C&A, and the agent confirmed that it was an IT issue, as we all know. Flooding the lines will just make everyone have to listen to the sea longer.

teddie

I still wonder....if it's just an IT issue, why do some of us not have the issue? And why did many of us have a sudden fix around the same time as each other? And why were some of us told it only affected those of us who have linked accounts where both cruisers haven't been on the same number of cruises? :confused:

Maybe the person who gets connected to the correct rep is the one who gets the account fixed. I under stand Drew's point....the squeaky wheel....eventually gets through to the right person.

All I know is that the same thing happens to some who try to get their crystal block. You call, they say they will have it sent. You call they say they ran out. You call they say something else. You call and finally the right person answers the phone and knows who to send the email to so that the block is immediately mailed and arrives by priority mail in 2 days....to your neighbor's address. Yes, this happened to me. Had I left it alone at one call, I'd still be waiting on that crystal block.

Call them, annoy them, maybe they will force someone to get moving...and listen to the baby sound of the sea if you can stand it for a minute longer. :p

That is MY point.

I'm just glad I don't have any need to call them for anything at this point because I HATE THAT HOLD MESSAGE! (pulling my hair out just thinking about it) :eek: I could have screamed when that mailing came yesterday to my husband printed "Hello, ****** it's the sea here." Are they stalking me? Driving me crazy? Out to get me? Stooooooooooopppp! Can you tell I think that is the world's all time worst promotion?

Gina

Almost diamond :p

When I say almost... is because I'm waiting for my Damn Points!! ;)

Well then, you are diamond. C&A has said they will make sure you have the proper level for your next cruise, regardless of what the RCI site says. That being the case, what need do you have to pester them?

Maybe the person who gets connected to the correct rep is the one who gets the account fixed. I under stand Drew's point....the squeaky wheel....eventually gets through to the right person.

I have called (as have others) and our points still are not correct. I don't think this is a squeaky wheel case...we just have to wait for RCI to fix their problem. C&A appears to have the correct information.

Archived