Cruise Credit issues on website

PeterPan

I have called (as have others) and our points still are not correct. I don't think this is a squeaky wheel case...we just have to wait for RCI to fix their problem. C&A appears to have the correct information.

Well see...you didn't get the correct person yet. :D I did. :p When I called, they had the correct info. Then I asked to choose my on board gift for my next cruise since I couldn't do it at the website. They transferred me to the D+ desk, where I got stuck in the queue listening to the sea AGAIN, and told that person why I needed her to place my gift order - wrong points, wrong available selection. Maybe SHE was the correct person. ;) Or I got lucky and IT fixed the part of the system that holds my count, but not yours.

Gina

Almost diamond :p

When I say almost... is because I'm waiting for my Damn Points!! ;)

If you have an upcoming cruise, they will allow you to select your boarding amenity and on board gift over the phone - for your correct level which is Diamond. They DO know your current level.

Gina

i live and cruise alone and i have the same glitch

does anybody who went to a higher status show the new status with the lower points or does it show the old status?

Both myself and my friend SHOULD have switched to our next levels after our recent sailing -- Diamond and Plat. respectively. But, no it doesn't! It lists our recent 11 day sailing as part of the overall cruise total history. Instead the point total is as of last January 2010 and does not show the most recent sailing.

MARAPRINCE

Well then, you are diamond. C&A has said they will make sure you have the proper level for your next cruise, regardless of what the RCI site says. That being the case, what need do you have to pester them?

Pester Them?? Dude you need a Cigar Break.. If anyone is being "Pestered" is me.. Aka.. THE CUSTOMER.

PERIOD.

I still wonder....if it's just an IT issue, why do some of us not have the issue? And why did many of us have a sudden fix around the same time as each other? And why were some of us told it only affected those of us who have linked accounts where both cruisers haven't been on the same number of cruises? :confused:

Maybe the person who gets connected to the correct rep is the one who gets the account fixed. I under stand Drew's point....the squeaky wheel....eventually gets through to the right person.

All I know is that the same thing happens to some who try to get their crystal block. You call, they say they will have it sent. You call they say they ran out. You call they say something else. You call and finally the right person answers the phone and knows who to send the email to so that the block is immediately mailed and arrives by priority mail in 2 days....to your neighbor's address. Yes, this happened to me. Had I left it alone at one call, I'd still be waiting on that crystal block.

Call them, annoy them, maybe they will force someone to get moving...and listen to the baby sound of the sea if you can stand it for a minute longer. :p

That is MY point.

I'm just glad I don't have any need to call them for anything at this point because I HATE THAT HOLD MESSAGE! (pulling my hair out just thinking about it) :eek: I could have screamed when that mailing came yesterday to my husband printed "Hello, ****** it's the sea here." Are they stalking me? Driving me crazy? Out to get me? Stooooooooooopppp! Can you tell I think that is the world's all time worst promotion?

Gina

mommabean, We think alike! :D

You are 100% right. There's to much Mystery around this crazy "glitch"

It just doesn't add up!! And I Thank Baby Jesus, I'm not on the same mind level of that Cigar guy.. I don't wait for something to Happen.. I Make it happen! The Point's aren't given to us... We earned them. :D

Look Drew, I'll try once more. When is your next cruise? (ours is next month) I know you're going up a level. (we go up after next month's cruise) If your points are not fixed on the RCI website, before your next cruise, you can call C&A and they will make sure you have the proper level.

The people you are calling can NOT fix the problem. They already are well aware of how many people are being impacted. Calling up to give grief to some poor operator, when you know there is nothing they can do about it, is a waste.

BTW - Just to be clear, I want my points reflecting the correct amount as well. I fail to understand why RCI has not released some sort of statement about the problem, detailing what actions they are taking to address it. Their IT department has some serious issues, and communication is one that would be easy to address.

Look Drew, I'll try once more. When is your next cruise? (ours is next month) I know you're going up a level. (we go up after next month's cruise) If your points are not fixed on the RCI website, before your next cruise, you can call C&A and they will make sure you have the proper level.

The people you are calling can NOT fix the problem. They already are well aware of how many people are being impacted. Calling up to give grief to some poor operator, when you know there is nothing they can do about it, is a waste.

BTW - Just to be clear, I want my points reflecting the correct amount as well. I fail to understand why RCI has not released some sort of statement about the problem, detailing what actions they are taking to address it. Their IT department has some serious issues, and communication is one that would be easy to address.

I think we are on the same page. I only called a few times within a 6 week time period, so I'm hoping no one here thinks I'm like calling everyday.

However I have read a few Post stating that the rep's were able to adjust their points manually.

And Yes RCI should have.. Should release some sort of statement regarding this Glitch.

I plan on taking a Last Minute cruise.. Most likely in March.

I think we are on the same page. I only called a few times within a 6 week time period, so I'm hoping no one here thinks I'm like calling everyday.

However I have read a few Post stating that the rep's were able to adjust their points manually.

And Yes RCI should have.. Should release some sort of statement regarding this Glitch.

I plan on taking a Last Minute cruise.. Most likely in March.

Glad we had a meeting of the minds here. FWIW, I just don't understand how RCI can have these issues and not put a statement up. I work in IT, and have my entire career, and I can tell you if we ran our organization like RCI we would be skinned.

Good luck on your last minute cruise.

Just checked my my cruises account and our 5 day NYE cruise has been entered, with 0 credit value, checked my wifes account and hers has been entered correctly with 10 points, neither of our totals have been updated:(

If the "system" could not handle the conversion to actual days sailed, why didn't RCCL wait until it could do so. This way no one would be having the problems that they are. Plus, it is creating a bad aura around the whole process and making some passengers hesitant to do a new booking unless their correct status is showing.

I too am one of those who did not take 3-5 day sailings, but earned each and every point the hard way going back before RCCL even tracked them with 7 days sailings out of Fl. and 10-11 sailings in Europe & the Med.

MARAPRINCE

I don't believe the conversion to days instead of credits is an issue. We cruised earlier this year (after the conversion took place) and the site correctly updated AND totaled the new points then.

This seems to be a fairly recent problem. Again, they seem to have the correct information on file with the C&A folks, so shouldn't be an issue for anyone with upcoming cruises. I'm not sure why mine was corrected. I never called them on the phone, I did a chat session online with C&A and posted the original post in this thread.

Perhaps every time you call, they place you at the end of the line again....:eek::eek::eek:

PeterPan;31916765] Perhaps every time you call, they place you at the end of the line again....

lol, That's Mean Mr. Peter Pan! I'm Sure the Sea shells over at C&A cannot wait for this IT issue to be fixed, Possibly more than we do! I guess I might be close to getting my points corrected.. since I haven't B!tched about them in over 2 weeks! hehe

I don't believe the conversion to days instead of credits is an issue. We cruised earlier this year (after the conversion took place) and the site correctly updated AND totaled the new points then.

This seems to be a fairly recent problem. Again, they seem to have the correct information on file with the C&A folks, so shouldn't be an issue for anyone with upcoming cruises. I'm not sure why mine was corrected. I never called them on the phone, I did a chat session online with C&A and posted the original post in this thread.

Perhaps every time you call, they place you at the end of the line again....:eek::eek::eek:

Low blow about repeated calling!

All you need to do is check your status on line. It will show the correction or not.

MARAPRINCE

I received an e mail response from RCI a few days ago, confirming my true points total, and explaining that it was an IT issue.

As of this morning, my points total was now accurate. Yay!

Teddie

I still those who say something AND get through to the "right" person get a manual correction on their account. There's something to be said for the squeaky wheel - as long as the oil can isn't empty. You got through to a rep with a full can. :)

Gina

I still those who say something AND get through to the "right" person get a manual correction on their account. There's something to be said for the squeaky wheel - as long as the oil can isn't empty. You got through to a rep with a full can. :)

Gina

I still SAY those who say something....I couldn't even understand what I wrote. :o

Gina

All of my past information has disappeared and when I look at my profile, my C&A number is missing. :(

I tried to update it, but I only get this message:

At this time, we are not able to complete your request. Please try again later.

Archived