Crown Cruise Director

doubletree07

Lisa Ball is the cruise director and I like her!! :D

That's who I thought - I've read mixed reviews about her. Never had a female CD before and looking forward to seeing how she is. Is she out and about a lot? I've been on cruises where I can't remember seeing the CD except in the theater at night and on the morning TV broadcasts. :( Thanks spingal. :)

We were on the 12/17 sailing on the Crown and she was very personable....but, have to say that when we saw her on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago as an assistant.....we saw her more then....that being said....she did appear out our CC Meet and Mingle and spoke to everyone who approached her (including me), plus we saw her a couple of times at events where she was observing but was still approached and spoke with everyone. She's so nice...hope she does well.

That's who I thought - I've read mixed reviews about her. Never had a female CD before and looking forward to seeing how she is. Is she out and about a lot? I've been on cruises where I can't remember seeing the CD except in the theater at night and on the morning TV broadcasts. :( Thanks spingal. :)

Lisa Ball was the CD on the Ruby Princess cruise I took back in March. On the few occasions I saw her she seemed to be reasonably good at dealing with the passengers, but for most of the trip she didn't seem to be around much. The deputy CDs, on the other hand, picked up the slack quite well.

I was on the Crown last week and enjoyed having Lisa as the cruise director. As mentioned, she came to our Cruise Critic gathering. I also spoke to her several other times--once to find out which ship we had been on together (it turned out to have been the Emerald) and another time to find out when she's leaving the Crown (in the spring) for someone asking on my "live" thread.

To me, the biggest asset of a cruise director is a well-run staff, along with a variety of activities. She seemed to have most things under control. My only complaint was that technical difficulties in the theater made the "Welcome Aboard" show start late. She had a live microphone and kept apologizing for the delay. She could have used that time (and microphone) to let the staff do their introductions. We ended up missing the comedian since we had traditional dining.

DH and I have sailed with Lisa a few times starting with our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess when she was a member of the cruise staff. We first saw Lisa at the afternoon pool games and were impressed with how well she interacted with passengers. Throughout that voyage, Lisa was highly visible - hosting Trivia, more pool games, and she was beyond hilarious when she did the Lorena Bobbitt schtick in "If I Were Not Upon This Ship".

The next time we sailed with Lisa - also on the CB - she was Deputy Cruise Director, then had been promoted to CD when we sailed on the Emerald two years in a row. We ran into Lisa again on the Ruby, dropped her a note that we were onboard, and she contacted us in our stateroom. We look forward to seeing her again next month when we cruise on the Crown in 30 days!

Chris

We saw her alot. And she was very approachable!

I went to the service desk with an issue and they said Lisa was the one that could help me and they gave me a piece of paper and told me to write her a note and she would get back to me. I was very disappointed when I never heard a word from her.

I went to the service desk with an issue and they said Lisa was the one that could help me and they gave me a piece of paper and told me to write her a note and she would get back to me. I was very disappointed when I never heard a word from her.

Just curious - what was the issue you wrote her about?

Just curious - what was the issue you wrote her about?

I really want to just forget about everything that happened last week but do hate it when people don't explain everything so I will keep it as short as possible. This is only one of many things that happened and I (we) still get rather upset talking about it. Our worst Princess cruise ever.

Signed our son up for the Ship's Tour as soon as we got on the boat. Didn't sign my dh up since he has gone before but he asked about it on Tuesday and luckily there were a couple spot open. Never heard anything about it. Thursday came - nothing - asked again - said we'd receive letter by 9pm - nothing. Asked Friday am (last day -which should have been the day of the tour since it was a sea day) and they said the letter would be in our cabin by 9am. - nothing. Still nothing at 10am. Stopped down at desk - no one knew anything about the tour. Finally talked to a guy who said it was canceled because the ship was on red alert and they were still cleaning areas of the ship. WHAT!!!! it went yellow two days before. Saw morning show where Lisa said there would be a galley tour after the demo. WHY would they allow that galley tour (even though it is just along the side of the galley) and not the Ship's Tour???? Asked desk and she knew nothing about being back to red and aso nothing about the Ship's tour being canceled or the demo and tour.

That was my issue. There would have been no problem if someone would have sent us a note early in the week or when I signed my dh up and said "there is a chance we won't have the tour" or a note saying it was canceled!!!

The only good thing is that I probably lost a pound walking down from our cabin at the stern of the ship to the service desk so many times.

Archived