Wall or Ceiling for 3rd bed?

srphnx

Just got our cabin assignment for our 14 day Hawaii cruise on Sapphire, it is an "I" with a black triangle on the deck plans which indicates "will accommodate third".

I am 90% sure those are wall mounted but I recently read that they can drop from the ceiling and would therefore not be in the way like the wall mount would be. I promised DW that we would not have another cabin with the wall mounts as she hated getting in and out of bed with one.

So to clarify the question, has anyone sailed SAPPHIRE in an inside with a 3rd bed? How was it configured? Extra credit (gratitude) for a picture. :D

I will call Princess in the AM, I guess I didn't realize they shut down at night, is that new? Anyway, I am pretty confident that Alessandrina is right, I found a pic on another thread that confirmed it. I believe Diamond and Sapphire are different from other Grand class ships, I know for a fact that Golden had wall mounts.

We had to scoot by them sideways and bent over at an uncomfortable angle and ended up making a joke about the "Quasimodo dance" because you looked like a hunchback as you got in our out of bed.

We had a mini suite on the Sapphire this past October and the bed was a fold-out sofa bed.

Mini-suites and insides are totally different animals. There are no couches, fold out or otherwise, in cabins categories below mini-suite. EM

So I called Princess and it is a wall mount for that cabin. They have availability in others without the 3rd bed and once my TA calls in we will be moved.

I know we have discussed this 1000 times here but it seems like Princess ought to be able to make SOME changes of a non-monetary nature to a rez without the TA dance.... ARGH!

So I called Princess and it is a wall mount for that cabin. They have availability in others without the 3rd bed and once my TA calls in we will be moved.

I know we have discussed this 1000 times here but it seems like Princess ought to be able to make SOME changes of a non-monetary nature to a rez without the TA dance.... ARGH!

When you use a TA, you have hired him/her (with Princess paying through a commission) to be your interface with Princess. Since Princess is in effect paying for the TA to be your point of contact, they will not make these changes for you.

Not that much different from when you use a real estate agent to buy a house. Once you sign on with the real estate agent, you are not supposed to talk directly with the owner of the house you will be purchasing.

That said, I agree with you it is frustrating, especially during hours the TA is closed, but Princess is open.

All true, however if I hadn't called Princess and gotten the list of cabins I could choose from it wouldn't have been possible to tell the TA which one I wanted in terms of a new cabin number. The other option would have been a back and forth that could have dragged out for days while cabins sold out.

All's well that ends well, happy cabin = happy cruise.

When you use a TA, you have hired him/her (with Princess paying through a commission) to be your interface with Princess. Since Princess is in effect paying for the TA to be your point of contact, they will not make these changes for you.

Not that much different from when you use a real estate agent to buy a house. Once you sign on with the real estate agent, you are not supposed to talk directly with the owner of the house you will be purchasing.

That said, I agree with you it is frustrating, especially during hours the TA is closed, but Princess is open.

Archived