Wave phone

harleysmama

I was on a Disney cruise in April and they had 2 wave phones in each room to use around the ship. It was very convenient to keep in touch. Do you think that Princess will have these anytime soon?

OK. What's a wave phone? Something tells me this is pure Disney.

The wave phone is just a cordless cabin phone that you take with you and works thoughout the ship. Handy to have by the pool and call room service to have waiting for you back in your cabin.
As said, I could live without dozens of people yelling into their phones throughout the ship. It's bad enough on port days when people pull out their cell phones and talk about the weather as though shouting will help the person at the other end hear them better (even though passengers are asked not to use their phones in the dining rooms and buffet.) Princess has phones throughout the ship you can use to contact others or even order room service.

If it does just vibrate and doesn't have en external speaker it sounds good to me, not that I would need it. It's much better than people using a walkie talkie with the constant beep beep.

Yes it only vibrates and you talk into it like a phone. And no beeping like a Walkie talkie, which drives me crazy. It is not as bad as you think, it is nice to be able to keep up with your family, not having to hunt them down. I have also heard that someone used them on an RCCL cruise.

Yes it only vibrates and you talk into it like a phone. And no beeping like a Walkie talkie, which drives me crazy. It is not as bad as you think, it is nice to be able to keep up with your family, not having to hunt them down. I have also heard that someone used them on an RCCL cruise.

Well then just the sight of someone must be aggravating some folks even if they can't hear them ring. I'd rather have that situation then walkie talkie's beeping & squawking all the time. They've probably set up repeaters throughout the ship to provide a reliable signal.

btw- I heard that RCI got rid of their phones a while back....not sure if it's true or not.

PLEASE, let Disney keep those cordless phones to themselves.

I certainly hope Princess NEVER starts offering them. I am so tired of so many people talking on their cell phoes EVERYWHERE (even while in stalls in public restrooms ..... UGH!!) in everyday life, that being on a ship where there is no use for them while at sea is such a pleasant break.

It's bad enough when the ship docks and out come the cell phones! Since so many people apparently think they have to talk loudly so the folks back home can hear them, and that's what they do on their balconies and on the open decks. ARGH!!!

In addition to the noise pollution, there's the irritation of being in a dark theater for a movie or a show and having dozens of little screens lit up because people can't stop texting for an hour.

Also, if you lose a phone, there's a charge of $250. People have reported getting home and finding a charge on their credit cards for phones that were in their cabins when they left the ship. I'd rather not be assigned two phones I don't want and have to worry that Disney will claim I lost one.

The old sticky-note-in-the-cabin trick works for us.

Some of this would be line specific anyway. Disney is obviously family and child oriented. Princess in my observation is 95% plus couples who do things together or just set up a meet you at 3:00 kind of thing.

There are families on Princess but it is not the same type of demographic. So the "need" for these is much reduced.

Archived