A Great Tampa Area Beach Resort?

firstcruiserDB

Still looking for a great place to spend 3 days after our cruise. We'd love to find a nice resort on the beach. We would like a great pool area, and good food choices in the area. We will rent a car so it doesn't have to be close to the port. We'd be willing to drive up to an hour or so. We're wondering about St. Pete's Beach area, Clearwater beach area, or another nice beach area in the vicinity.

We are very familiar with great resorts in the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area, but this is our first time in the Tampa area.

Can you help us?

Thanks!:D

Can anyone recommend a great 3+ star beach resort for after our cruise out of Tampa??

Not any beach areas in Tampa that I can recall, but you dont have to go far. Clearwater is not far away, 15mins maybe by car?, Also you could press on down toward Redington Beach, Indian Shores, or my favorite area is Treasure island and Madeira beach. great beaches, lots of hotels, motels, resorts and restaurants. None of these are more than 30 mins by car, depending on time of day. St Petersburg. and the beaches are also wonderful, lots of beach and restaurants. But Clearwater beach would probably be the closest to Tampa.

Clearwater and St Petersburg beach areas are probably the most active areas. Madeira and Treasure Island also, are good, Redington and Indian Shores areas a little quieter. If you have a car though, regardless of where you pick to stay, go check out Ft De Soto, and the beaches there. It is a park, so no hotels on the beach, but a great natural area, beach is beautiful.

Still looking for a great place to spend 3 days after our cruise. We'd love to find a nice resort on the beach. We would like a great pool area, and good food choices in the area. We will rent a car so it doesn't have to be close to the port. We'd be willing to drive up to an hour or so. We're wondering about St. Pete's Beach area, Clearwater beach area, or another nice beach area in the vicinity.

We are very familiar with great resorts in the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area, but this is our first time in the Tampa area.

Can you help us?

Thanks!:D

Can anyone recommend a great 3+ star beach resort for after our cruise out of Tampa??

The absolute best beach on the Gulf Coast is Siesta Key Beach. Sand is 99% quartz and feels like baby powder!

Look for a property in The Village and you can walk to all the restaurants.

We have stayed at the Alden Beach Resort on St Pete Bch several times. All of their rooms are suites. We find that it is nice to have a separate living room and a kitchen-dining area to prepare a light breakfast or lunch. The resort is nice and has two pools, a cabana beach bar, tennis courts and a few jacuzzi/hot tub areas. We have found that St. Pete Bch is a little more subdued and laid back than some of the other nearby beaches. It is not overly crowded and there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel if you do not want to drive around after a day on the beach. Here is the hotel link if you want to see pics or rates http://www.aldenbeachresort.com

We've done the don cesar in st. pete's beach, its really nice but $$$. i'm a government employee and got a nice rate to stay there, i think we paid $84 per night and they actually bumped us to their suites which turned out ot be awesome.

We've done the don cesar in st. pete's beach, its really nice but $$$. i'm a government employee and got a nice rate to stay there, i think we paid $84 per night and they actually bumped us to their suites which turned out ot be awesome.

That is a great price....and to be upgraded to boot??!!!! Fabulous!

A lot of people from my area have destination weddings there.

We've stayed three places in the area:

-- Bilmar Beach Resort in Treasure Island

-- Grand Plaza Beach Resort in St. Pete Beach

-- Tradewinds Sandpiper in St. Pete Beach

My favorite was the Tradewinds. It was pricey, but we enjoyed it. There are two properties (Sandpiper and Island Grand). The Sandpiper is smaller, but has two pools. You can easily walk to the Island Grand to use their amenities.

Archived