CPAP Machines

EAGLESLOVER

DH and I both use them. Are there outlets on one or both sides of the bed in D737 on the Ruby?? All info appreciated. Thanks

There is one outlet next to the bed. Bring an extension cord and you will have no problem. The steward will bring you distilled water if you need it.

DH and I both use them. Are there outlets on one or both sides of the bed in D737 on the Ruby?? All info appreciated. Thanks

Outlets are at a premium so we bring and extension cord and a power strip to be sure. We have never asked Princess if they could supply one, but I bet they would for a medical reason like a CPAP machine.

We forgot to bring our extension coard one year so we asked the steward and he brought one for us. I'm not sure if they are always available, so you will want to bring your own.

Definitely put an extension cord on your packing list. They are available on most ships for medical purposes, but they are extremely limited. We've never wanted to chance it, so we bring our own. We used to bring a power strip as well, but now we just bring a very small plug adapter that has 3 outlets on it.

Since you both use a CPap, you may want to bring an extension cord that has a plug for each of you on the end of it. There is only one outlet near the beds. The only other outlet that you can sometimes get to on some ships is the one behind the television. When we're able to get to it, we use that one to recharge our camera batteries.

The ships have always had distilled water available to us for the machine with no problems.

I had to get a cord from my steward for an inside (There was no outlet near the bed.

Yep, the outlet is by the desk, so if the inside is set up like most Princess ships, the desk (and the outlet) will be on the wall by the foot of the bed.

DH uses a CPAP, and before our 14d Hawaii cruise last Feb, a brilliant CC'er suggested traveling with an old mask, in case of breakage! It now lives in the suitcase, hopefully to never be needed!

We also learned another thing the hard way, DH travels alot for work, he returned from out of town one evening, unpacked & realized the power cord for his CPAP was no where to be found. :eek: The thought of sleeping next to my loving "chain saw" had me running up to Radio Shack just before closing time, where DH was shocked I could purchase a replacement cord! YIPPEE :D

Happy cruising!

We have ordered an extention cord in advance of the cruise and we also travel with a power strip. There is an outlet behind the bed and sometimes we use the desk outlet (depending on the position of the bed and our preferred sleeping sides). The extention cord provided by the ship is the long, orange, heavy duty cord. Only DH uses the CPAP, but he also carries it onboard planes and never let's it leave his sight.

Archived