Princess Sapphire cabin question

Jaxgal

When I pull up availability on the May 5th 2012 sailing for Oceanview cabins I get some odd choices.

Ones of them is a group of cabins on the Caribe deck- C102-C105. These window/balconies face the front of the ship. The description states that these rooms have balconies that can only be used during the daytime due to navigational reasons and there is no balcony furniture. Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Is there a photo of what the view from the balcony looks like? I don't have a problem booking this one, but my husband is a bit apprehensive since it is at the front of the ship. TIA!

These were supposed to be balcony cabins. After (or during) the ship was built, they realized that it was too windy to use these cabins when the ship was at sea so they changed the category to some type of window cabins. Supposedly they will open the balcony doors when the ship is in port but they close and lock them when at sea.

I sailed one with no restrictions on balcony use, it is a much larger balcony than those on lido or aloha for instance. It is not an ocean view like all the others and they are usually pretty expensive.

We were in B102 on the Sapphire, HUGE balcony that overlooked the crew pool. Our friends came up every time we left port for sailaway. Our doors were never locked, but we did not have balcony furniture. I brought the chair and table out there from our cabin. Great cabin. Only problem is that at night you have to have your drapes tightly closed. One night I went outside to enjoy the air and the sea and left the drapes open, the phone rang, and the caller ID read "Bridge". It was the Officer of the Watch asking me to close the drapes as the light interfered with navigation. Who knew???

It seems some like these cabins but I've read many reviews of those that don't. If it's windy you won't be able to go out and enjoy your cabin. And, along the California and Mexican coastline you can get 2-3 days that are windy/cool. Plus, I'm not a fan of the motion at the very front of a ship. I have never been one to get seasick even on small sailboats but the one time I booked a far forward cabin I did feel a bit quesy several days.

Archived