Questions on the "New" Summit

jsf

I know that the Summit is going into dry dock next week and we are sailing on her in March. What I'm confused about is what the changes are going to be. Will the Normandie still be an option for dining? I guess I'm wondering what will the dining options be and whats being deleted. I know their adding a Qsine but what other new places should we look forward too.

J.

I know that the Summit is going into dry dock next week and we are sailing on her in March. What I'm confused about is what the changes are going to be. Will the Normandie still be an option for dining? I guess I'm wondering what will the dining options be and whats being deleted. I know their adding a Qsine but what other new places should we look forward too.

J.

Normandie will remain (thank goodness) Bistro on Five and Qsine will be added as well as Blu for Aquaclass guests. Michaels Club will be converted to focus more on craft beers as well. I don't think any dining venues are being removed. I'm sure Celebrity will be publicizing the Solsticization process, as they did with Infinity.

J.

Here's a couple of press releases on what is being done.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2011-02-17&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/pressDetails.do?pagename=press_room_details&event_date=2011-11-10&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A

jsf

There is a good article on Preparing To Solsticize The Summit by Celebrity Summit's Director Julian Brackenbury on what is taking place. Article is written by Richard H. Wagner. (One item wrong in the article is the Summit is not getting a Tuscan restaurant but they are getting a restaurant called Qsine.)

http://www.beyondships.com

-click on cruise interviews

-click on hotel directors and cruise directors

-click on Julian Brackenbury

-click on Solsticining the Summit

My wife and myself are traveling on the Summit for the fourth time on February 4, 2012 and are looking forward to seeing the changes.

My Wife and I sailed on the Summit for two weeks Back to Back in December. We have cruised 14 times and had a great time on this ship. We had the opportunity to have dinner with the Captain one night and he and crew are excited to have the Summit updated. I can tell you that our experience was excellent because of the service, cleanliness and positive attitudes of the staff and officers. You will have a great time and when cruising, it's always about you having fun and making the best out of a great experience.

troopman5073

So they will still have Normandie after they refit?I was hoping they would have a nice alternative restaurant.Qsine does not apeal to me.Looking for a nice restaurant to have lobster.What is the surcharge?

So they will still have Normandie after they refit?I was hoping they would have a nice alternative restaurant.Qsine does not apeal to me.Looking for a nice restaurant to have lobster.What is the surcharge?

Hi Laura:)yes, Normandie will still be there and in my opinion it is

fabulous:D. It is 40.00 per person.

Archived