8 kids, two adults, can 3 cabins be booked?

bluesea4me

Hi all, and thank you in advance for any and all help you can give me.

I would ask my PVP, but he's been on some "funtastic project" for the last month and I'm starting to wonder how fantastic it really is as I can't get ahold of him. :mad:

I did some reading, but I am not 100%. We are wanting to travel with 2 adults (parents), 3 blood related children (20, 17, 13), one fiance (19), and four friends (17, 17, 17, 13).

I think we need to book one parent in each room, but have also read that children can be booked next door (we usually look for adjoining 1st), or in the cabin across. In this case, traveling with 10, would require 3 cabins. Do you know if this can be done? Besides booking 5 per cabin?

I'd like to know how they do it with school/graduation groups---as that is what the 17's are about and why there are so many.

Any experience, anyone?

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

Sounds like based on the rules you could book the rooms as:

Room #1 - 18, 20

Room #2 - Parent, 13, 13, 17

Room #3 - Parent, 17, 17, 17

J

Sounds like based on the rules you could book the rooms as:

Room #1 - 18, 20

Room #2 - Parent, 13, 13, 17

Room #3 - Parent, 17, 17, 17

J

OP says "blood related" which doesnt sound like they are the legal guardians or their children. Those children have to be with a adult. Only children with parents or legal guaradians on board can have their own cabin.

OP says "blood related" which doesnt sound like they are the legal guardians or their children. Those children have to be with a adult. Only children with parents or legal guaradians on board can have their own cabin.

Oops, you're right! My bad ... I guess I need more coffee! :)

That was my take when reading and re-reading and than re-reading again, LOL

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?faq=minors#q-544381

OP The exclusions for high school groups are rather specific and to qualify as a group requires certain documentation and authorization from the actual school and cruise line.

I'm not certain on specifics but the cruise line does require X# of minors per adult.

As group equals 8+ cabins booked at same time and within certain categories.

Based on the rules, you could maybe do this: (however you would have to be in a cabin with the friends)

Cabin1: 17,20,13 (blood related)

Cabin2: parent,17,17,19

Cabin3: parent,13,17,17

Not sure if this is right, but I thought I'd give it a try. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the rules, you could maybe do this: (however you would have to be in a cabin with the friends)

That wouldn't work as the 13 and 17 yr old could not be in the cabin with the with the 20 yr old.

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Contact a TA and let them handle this for you. Dealing with Carnival reservations is going to be a nightmare. It can be done but you need a professional to make it seamless.

My PVP could so easily handle this compared to any TA Ive worked with. TAs have to know all the rules for every single cruiseline. Someone who works for Carnival will know Carnival better than any TA more than likely. I know my PVP does circles around most TAs.

I found something different;

Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

• Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

Guests Under the Age of 21 NOT Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

The minor must travel with a guardian 25 years of age or older in the same stateroom. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

• Legally married couples and same gender union couples less than 21 years of age must provide Carnival with legal proof of marriage/civil union at least two weeks prior to sailing.

• Documentation can be e-mailed to individualsailingsupport@carnival.com or faxed to 305-406-6479.

• For those guests whose marriage/civil union will not take place until closer to the sailing date, they must bring proof of their marriage/civil union to embarkation. Failure to do so will result in denied boarding and no refund.

• Documentation: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application signed by the official that performed the ceremony.

All guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo I.D. When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.

I would suggest you try calling carnival directly to book.

That wouldn't work as the 13 and 17 yr old could not be in the cabin with the with the 20 yr old.

The suggestion from hbmom WILL work (minus the extra 17 yo she threw in there). I just sailed with my 2 grandsons (aged 13 and 18) in the summer of 2010 on the Liberty and we were able to put them in an inside cabin by themselves. We were able to book it that way, since they were related to us and were within 2-3 cabins of us.

Book your 3 blood relative children in one cabin. Book yourself and 2 or 3 of the other children in one cabin and book your spouse and the remaining children in a cabin. All of the cabins will need to be in close proximity to each other.

For the record, a TA may not know all of the rules for each cruise line by heart, but they can certainly call and get the specifics.

In comparison, many PVP's have never been on a cruise and if asked questions about a specific ship or port of call, that information cannot be obtained by making a phone call.

Please do not lump all travel professionals into one barrel based on experience you may or may not have had with one.

Ok, looks like ALL of you were very busy while I was at work today. 5 of the people will not be blood related. Ages 13, 17, 17, 17, 19. The rest are. I have been trying to get ahold of my PVP E. and I'm not having luck. Perhaps I need a new one! Firefly, is there a way to PM me your PVP's name...who knows it might be who I have.

Let's hypothetically say what Firefly put is possible. Do you think once we were onboard we could switch the 4 people around to different cabins as long as the bedding configuration stayed the same with the number of people in the cabin? I'm going to quick try to get ahold of my PVP. I'll get you an answer once I know.

BTW, not all of the 17 YO know if they can go....the less that go == easier for me to deal with. But they know I can be a battleax! :D

I'll keep you posted. Again, thank you all!

Ok, my PVP said "For booking purposes, book the 4 kids of mine(B=blood) in one cabin ( the 19 yo is fine because she is over 18---even though not my kid) Then, book myself and 2 other NB kids in my cabin and my DH and 2 other NB kids in his cabin. Also...we must be in that close proximity of next door or across with me and DH....the other cabin of four can be up to 3 cabins away." ;)

Then, once on the ship....move who you need to move. :D

Archived