Bed Linen Changed ?

Aussie One

[quote name='bjcanady']i agree 100%..........just have it clean for me when i get there......that is good enough, in fact i would just as soon they did nothing to the room except leave clean towels......and empty trash....[/quote]
ditto...stewards please stay out of my way!!!! I don't need any new friends!

[quote name='compozer']WOW, he must have been the same steward we had on the Crown last week!!!!!

Did you complain about him to Princess? I started a thread about having the same steward a second time because I don't know what I'd do if we ever get him again!!!!! especiall on a month long one.[/quote]
Having so much personal attention from the steward is definitely one of the reasons I would never want this experience....even if we were willing to pay the outlandish cost.

[quote name='5326jan']Yikes! :eek: I think I would have skipped the extra tip after that! Did he/she keep everything else clean and in good order? I agree that in a 7 day cruise the sheets don't need to be changed unless they are dirty, but if they're dirty........ and how did he/she know it was chocolate?:o[/quote]

We were in a mini suite, 7 day Alaska cruise and I rarely saw the steward at all. He was very elusive. The room and bathroom were clean. The towels were changed every day, but that bottom sheet stayed on the bed. You could tell it was chocolate because it smelled like chocolate. I did try to get it out myself, especially the gooey part...yuck...but the deep set stain remained for the rest of the cruise. Now I am very careful to eat my remove the chocolates every night before I crash.:rolleyes:

[quote name='gooch47']We got sand in the bed one time so I just pulled the sheets off the bed and left them on the floor. The steward got the message.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a good solution!:) I hope he didn't shake them out and remake the bed with the same sheets!:p

Going on the interest in this thread CC members agree that three to four days would be acceptable on my next Princess cruise i will ask my room steward for this service.
Its 1am 98fht my aircon has died so a sheet change tomorrow.
Thank you for all your replys on this thread have a great day Aussie

[quote name='tvaud']We were in a mini suite, 7 day Alaska cruise and I rarely saw the steward at all. He was very elusive. The room and bathroom were clean. The towels were changed every day, but that bottom sheet stayed on the bed. You could tell it was chocolate because it smelled like chocolate. I did try to get it out myself, especially the gooey part...yuck...but the deep set stain remained for the rest of the cruise. Now I am very careful to eat my remove the chocolates every night before I crash.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Just a suggestion - you might have asked your steward to change the sheets and if he didn't, in your situation, I would have then gone to the Hotel Manager. I certainly would hate to continue to sleep on sheets that were dirty.

Archived