Bed Linen Changed ?

Aussie One

Used to be every other day; still is on the Ocean and the Pacific. On the larger ships they went from two to three, but definitely no more than that. Something very wrong with stewards who don't change linen in timely fashion.

I change mine at home every 4 to 5 days and still expect more often when I cruise.

I was on the Emerald for 10 days a year ago Feb. I did not notice any changes, and really did not seem to need it. If the cabin stweard did it, then YEAH HOO, he did a great job, we loved him, tipped him extra as we left, and I change my linens at home every 2 weeks!

I fell asleep on the wrapped chocolate left on the pillow once. It got all over the bottom sheet on the edge of the bed. I left it exposed for the steward to see, so he could change it. Nope. It didn't happen for the entire cruise. That surprised me too.

I fell asleep on the wrapped chocolate left on the pillow once. It got all over the bottom sheet on the edge of the bed. I left it exposed for the steward to see, so he could change it. Nope. It didn't happen for the entire cruise. That surprised me too.

Yikes! :eek: I think I would have skipped the extra tip after that! Did he/she keep everything else clean and in good order? I agree that in a 7 day cruise the sheets don't need to be changed unless they are dirty, but if they're dirty........ and how did he/she know it was chocolate?:o

Once a week would be fine with me except for the night my hubby forgot his chocolate on the pillow. It was amazing the mess it made on him and the linens. Wish I had taken a photo.

LOL Maybe it's best you didn't take a picture! LOL That must have been a hoot trying to explain to the cabin steward that it IS chocolate! :D

On a 7 day cruise last June in a full SUITE, (with the worse cabin steward ever!!!!), my sheets were NEVER changed :mad:

I have always had great to good cabin stewards on every cruise until I had him!

He also stood over my shoulder (waiting)after giving me that days menus and told me to write down what I wanted so he could give the menu to another cabin....( Iwasn't really ready to choose what I wanted for dinner right after breakfast)......

so the next day I took the menus and hid them in a drawer in between my clothes and he evidently went through my possession, found it, because it was gone when I went back to my cabin

He also threw my FULL latte away, because I left it in my cabin for a few minutes, because it was too hot for me to carry, and when I came back for it was gone. ( I really prefer lukewarm lattes over "too hot to sip" lattes)

On a 7 day cruise last June in a full SUITE, (with the worse cabin steward ever!!!!), my sheets were NEVER changed :mad:

I have always had great to good cabin stewards on every cruise until I had him!

He also stood over my shoulder (waiting)after giving me that days menus and told me to write down what I wanted so he could give the menu to another cabin....( Iwasn't really ready to choose what I wanted for dinner right after breakfast)......

so the next day I took the menus and hid them in a drawer in between my clothes and he evidently went through my possession, found it, because it was gone when I went back to my cabin

He also threw my FULL latte away, because I left it in my cabin for a few minutes, because it was too hot for me to carry, and when I came back for it was gone. ( I really prefer lukewarm lattes over "too hot to sip" lattes)

WOW, he must have been the same steward we had on the Crown last week!!!!!

Did you complain about him to Princess? I started a thread about having the same steward a second time because I don't know what I'd do if we ever get him again!!!!! especiall on a month long one.

[quote name='Kmkub']That's exactly how I feel... some day we're going to have to realize that energy and water are not endless resources. Hopefully sooner than later.[/quote]Keep in mind that Princess ships make fresh water from sea water, and do not pollute the sea with dirty water.

[quote name='Pia1913']This thread just shows what people really do prefer and are willing to live with. I like my linen fresh and changed often. If I do it myself at home, I certainly expect it to be done in my hotel accommodation too.[/quote]

I'm not saying what you do at home is outlandish. But, I would not say that "if I do it myself at home, I expect it to be done at my hotel" should be the standard.

[quote name='DGNY']"if I do it myself at home, I expect it to be done at my hotel" should be the standard.[/QUOTE]

I had a lol at this. My mother ironed her pillow cases every day. She never expected THAT at a hotel.

[quote name='DGNY']I'm not saying what you do at home is outlandish. But, I would not say that "if I do it myself at home, I expect it to be done at my hotel" should be the standard.[/quote]

Do you really feel comfortable not having your linen changed an entire cruise? I don't. And that's what "different strokes for different folks" is all about.

we where on Radiance Of the Seas RCI with noro virus they changed the linen every day untill the virus was contained this is the only good thing i can say about RCI living in Aussie with high and humid tempatures my dear wife changes every two days in summer four days in winter.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]On our last Oct. cruise on the Sapphire, mini, our sheets were changed every 3 days on a 14 day cruise.............but a different mini, on a different floor on the same Sapphire last January, 10 day cruise they definitely were not changed that often. In fact I marked a sheet to see if it would be changed, NOPE. I actually think it depends on your cabin crew because in the past I always noticed the nice clean crisp sheets ever 3 days. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen];)I agree with Pia, it's a small luxury I still enjoy when traveling. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pia1913']Do you really feel comfortable not having your linen changed an entire cruise? I don't. And that's what "different strokes for different folks" is all about.[/quote]

Depends on the cruise length. I'll be on a 10 day in a few months and really wouldn't care much if I got new sheets on day 1 and then they never got changed. To be honest, I probably wouldn't notice that they were changed on day 3 (assuming that's when they get changed per other posters). I'm more interested in fresh towels than linens.

And I was hardly being critical about what you do at home. But, Kmkub gave a great example to what I was talking about and why the "I do x at home, thus it should be done by my steward on the ship" rule is not accurate.

Archived