Ncl charges $$ for circque show!!!!!

CHELSEADOG

Not upset with the charge -- knew about it long before sailing. Upset that the dinner was poor and the show bordering on ridiculous.

I looked past the silly banter but thoroughly enjoyed the acrobatics. Especially LOVED the man in the tub. Oooo La La.

Concur w/ most everyone else. We understood there was a charge...for the dinner.

If you do decide to book it, I'd personally get the $20 tix and sit upstairs where the views are great (just my two cents).

In any case, hope you all enjoy the Epic. We love it.

Agree...lots of the action happens up high so sitting upstairs gives you a bird's eye view right into the performer's eyes.

Not upset. Not shocked. Not making any plans to sail on that behemoth.

You are missing an opportunity for one of the best experiences at sea on a mass market cruise line. I enjoyed Epic more than RCCL's Oasis and that says a lot. We had a regular balcony cabin and still rank Epic as my favorite ship at sea.

Recently returned from the Epic (loved, loved, loved it!!!) & I did see on their web site the charges for Cirque Show, Nick Breakfast, specialty restaurants, etc. so I wasn't surprised nor upset. As someone else said, if free then you'd never get it. The venue is small. Also, all would be paying in the cost of their cruise for aspects they may never use (which is why I think RCI mega-ships with flowrider, ice rink, etc. are very high - JMO). I still did book these shows in spite of the cost. I just think of it as selecting what appeals to you & incorporating it into the cost of the cruise, which is competatively priced for a ship all the bells & whistles.

As costs can get high when traveling with a family, I'd skip the Nick Breakfast. It stated it was from 8:30-10:30 but as soon as you get in a breakfast is served (no choice in menu - every adult gets the same thing: some scrambled eggs, silver dollar pancakes with green colored maple syrup on them, etc. & the kids get a little bowl of fruit loops & yogurt if I remember correctly). You are called up by table & move from one character to the next (Patrick & SpongeBob in one picture) where the ship photog takes your pic & a staff member takes one (& only one per photo stop) with your camera. When your picture taking is done you are basically done. Characters leave & maybe you can sit in an empty room until 10:30 but who would want to? We were the next to last table to be called up & the place was emptied out by 9:15 a.m.

SpongeBob makes his appearance in the main lobby one morning for photos, there was a photo op for Dora & Diego where you can use your own camera & no charge. I'd just go with that & forget about $15. pp for the breakfast. Depends how much of a fan the kids in your party are. The cost didn't make or break me, but in retrospect, I should have just paid for my son, g/fr & their baby to go..if at all because my granddaughter was too little to enjoy it (actually scared).

Cirque show would depend on your interest & the age of the kids going. I enjoyed it. It didn't compare to Cirque shows I saw on land, but "land" is the key word here. For a small sea venue I though they did a great job. I am amazed by performers strength & balance abilities. We also went with the standard upper seating & were happy with it (picture donut shaped balcony where performance going on in center on lower level or mid-air between 2 floors). Savings there.

Not making any plans to sail on that behemoth.

Ditto

You are missing an opportunity for one of the best experiences at sea on a mass market cruise line. I enjoyed Epic more than RCCL's Oasis and that says a lot. We had a regular balcony cabin and still rank Epic as my favorite ship at sea.

I guess it's my loss;).

I agree with LynneL, if you're reluctant to spend for extras, don't pay for the Nick breakfast. Food was disappointing and it unfolded exactly as she described-- a carousel of photo opps, and nothing more than that. There are other opportunities to see the characters. It's the one thing we did last time that we're not even discussing putting on the agenda for our cruise next month.

I agree with LynneL, if you're reluctant to spend for extras, don't pay for the Nick breakfast. Food was disappointing and it unfolded exactly as she described-- a carousel of photo opps, and nothing more than that. There are other opportunities to see the characters. It's the one thing we did last time that we're not even discussing putting on the agenda for our cruise next month.

Yes, I agree. The Nick breakfast was the one thing we did not repeat on our second Epic cruise. .

Honestly, while I LOVED the acrobats in Cirque (especially the two guys on the rolling platforms), I was most fascinated by the lady that changes clothes in a blink of an eye. That was just pure fun. :)

Pass.

I looked past the silly banter but thoroughly enjoyed the acrobatics. Especially LOVED the man in the tub. Oooo La La.

I love this show also. I have seen it three times and plan to see it again the next time I am on the EPIC. You may be glad to know silly banter was gone on the Nov cruise.

Ellen

I guess it's my loss;).

It is.

The Epic is a great ship all around. Perfect? Maybe not. But we had a great time. The variety, from cabins to dining options to the entertainment was a welcome relief from the same-old, same-old. And that variety of entertainment ranged from very good to excellent - whether we were at the big shows or the tucked away piano players in a lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed Cirque. The food was decent (our expectations were in check thanks to reviews on CC) and the show itself was a blast - and different than what you see repeated over and over on other ships. Definitely worth the cover charge in my opinion.

Granted, we board with a positive attitude and can have fun just about anywhere .:D

[quote name='KJE Atlanta']It is.

The Epic is a great ship all around. Perfect? Maybe not. But we had a great time. The variety, from cabins to dining options to the entertainment was a welcome relief from the same-old, same-old. And that variety of entertainment ranged from very good to excellent - whether we were at the big shows or the tucked away piano players in a lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed Cirque. The food was decent (our expectations were in check thanks to reviews on CC) and the show itself was a blast - and different than what you see repeated over and over on other ships. Definitely worth the cover charge in my opinion.

Granted, we board with a positive attitude and can have fun just about anywhere .:D[/quote]

Thanks, but no thanks. I was on an aircraft carrier in the Navy and have no need to go to sea with that many human beings ever again, no matter what amentities are onboard. Maybe someday when cruising becomes "same-old, same-old", but I doubt that cruising will ever get that old hat for me.

And FWIW I also board with a positive attitude and I also can have fun just about anywhere:rolleyes:;).

[quote name='KJE Atlanta']It is.

Granted, we board with a positive attitude and can have fun just about anywhere .:D[/quote]

Do all of those passengers board and de-board that ship through one entry?

[quote name='luddite']Do all of those passengers board and de-board that ship through one entry?[/QUOTE]

No, Epic uses two terminals, B and C. Cabins on odd floors board through terminal B; cabins on even floors board through terminal C.

They use two gangways in port - one forward and one aft. Debarkation is through terminals B and C, but it's a bit chaotic debarking.

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']No, Epic uses two terminals, B and C. Cabins on odd floors board through terminal B; cabins on even floors board through terminal C.[/quote]

I don't know from terminals. I'm wondering about the door/portal onto the ship.

[quote name='CHELSEADOG']I've been on many cruises mostly Princess but we've been on NCL and RCCL and Disney. We, my husband and I and my children and grandchildren, 8 people all together, are booked on the Epic for Feb 18 a Niclelodeon cruise.
I made the reservatioins on line and looked through all the information on line. I am now making reservations for shows and tours. I tried to make reservations for Circque Dreams only to find out that there is a charge for the show, $30 per person adult and child for premium seats and $20 per person and child for standard seats. Nowhere in all the info I read is there mention of a charge for this. It states very clearly for all the restaurants what the charge is but doesn't tell you about the charge for this till you book it. I called to complain but was told this was dinner.

Is anyone else upset with this????? I never imagined an extra charge for entertainment[/QUOTE] I would not expect to see a show and have dinner without paying a charge. You wouldn't go to Vegas, have dinner and see a show without a charge would you? Now, if the show turns out to be bad, I would be upset, but even that is a matter of opinion.

Nita

[quote name='sdmike'][IMG]http://images43.fotki.com/v679/photos/7/649277/8940892/541-vi.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
My husband and I were seated right at that front table. They guy splashed water on my dessert, which I stopped eating, but I didn't stop enjoying the show! :0:eek::D

[quote name='flashdog_1']Question 1: Do you eat while the show is going on, or eat first?

2. What is objectionable about the meal? Are there not a couple of choices? (thought I read that somewhere on CC), Thanks.[/quote]
Yes, you eat while watching the show. We had the cheap seats and they were fine.
There is nothing objectionable about the meal. We enjoyed the food. I also have a shellfish and seafood allergy and our server went out of her way to make sure my food would not be cross contaminated. I had more beef tenderloin since I couldn't eat the shrimp.
Here is the menu. There is also a vegetarian dish (pasta).

[URL]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/5803721770_2c4f407d2f_b.jpg[/URL]

Archived