Maasdam Verandah for 3

labguides

Have thought about doing the Fort Lauderdale - Montreal, or reverse but I am concerned about the time of year I have seen it posted. It looked to me like it was offered in the hurricane season. I have not seen any complaints about it, but I was wondering what the experiences of those who taken it are?

Input on Maasdam Verandah with three people? Is it too tight for 3 ladies to share? Two twins and a sofa bed.

I have recently been in a B veranda suite on the Maasdam. I think you could do this...I fell asleep on the couch a few times ! With a pull out sofa bed it would be tight ....but if it was just for sleeping I guess you could do it.

It's possible but it would feel too crowded for my taste but I am sure some folks have had three adults in that cabin. You'll have to be organized and work a 'schedule' for bathroom etc Storage might be a bit tight. The closet space is not overly generous but could be adequate for a short cruise.

We had three in Ryndam balcony. It did not have a pull out sofa bed. It had one like the sofa bed on the vista class in the superior suite. It just sort of flips over I guess for one person. My grown daughters complaint was that it was too had so we picked up an egg crate pad in Walmart I think in Mexico. I would think Maasdam would be the same.

My wife was reading this thread over my shoulder this morning and reminded me of our experience and cruise on the Veendam a few years ago. I got a temporary case of the "cheaps" and we booked a B category rather than our typical deluxe suite on that cruise. I'll tell you just the two of us felt extremely crowded. It reminded me of a small camping trailer...allbeit a very nice one....if stuff wasn't where it belonged it was in the way. Of course on top of that we had AC problems in that cabin so it was uncomfortably warm much of the time. I can't imagine being in that size cabin with three people and I don't care how well they get along. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have been 3 adults on 33 days cruise on Rotterdam in BB cabin, and it works out fine. I would say that it is much better to be 3 in 1 veranda cabin than to have 2 OW or inside cabins.

Thses veranda cabins on S and R class ships are my favorite.

Archived