Cagney steakhouse for lunch

kelly4126

We are going on a cruise with family who has a suite. They will get breakfast and lunch for free at the steakhouse. How much will it cost us if we join them for breakfast and lunch?

Thanks,

Kelly

Cagney's is only open to suite passengers and VIPs for breakfast and lunch.

We are 4 in Owners suites and 4 in Mini-suites. Could the concierge arrange for the other 4 to join us once or twice or is it strictly for suite guests only? Has anyone asked this of the concierge?

Maybe this is something I'd have to discuss with the concierge...

We are 4 in Owners suites and 4 in Mini-suites. Could the concierge arrange for the other 4 to join us once or twice or is it strictly for suite guests only? Has anyone asked this of the concierge?

Check out other threads on this subject. I believe you can do it once or twice for $25/ person.

They can also have lunch from Cagney's delivered to their suite for all of you.

Is this really proper? They are not paying for that. If we all offered it to others we cruise with think of qualtiy of service we that paid for it would be left with. We will have a over worked butler, not to mention Cagney's workers being busier than they should be.

Unless you are also booked on the suite level you will not be allowed to eat at Cagney's for breakfast or lunch. That is reserved for the passengers at suite level or higher only.

We sail once per year and it is usually in the Courtyard (Haven) Suites. One year my husbands cousin sailed with a balcony room and wanted the same level of service we had including Cagney's for breakfast and lunch and he wasn't happy when they denied him access. He was sailing with us, but because he wasn't booked at suite level or higher, he wasn't allowed.

When I traveled on the Jewel in a suite the concierge told me on the sly that non suite passengers should not be eating at cagneys for lunch or dinner. He did make an exception once but stressed the fact that this is a suite perk for people paying a premium and guests should not be allowed.

I think having the butler deliver the meal to your room for you and your guests is a great idea

Enjoy!!

They can also have lunch from Cagney's delivered to their suite for all of you.

Is this really proper? They are not paying for that. If we all offered it to others we cruise with think of qualtiy of service we that paid for it would be left with. We will have a over worked butler, not to mention Cagney's workers being busier than they should be.

Yes, its proper. The 'others' are not dining in Cagney's and the butler should be compensated for any extra work that is required to accommodate the diners in the suite.

Yes, its proper. The 'others' are not dining in Cagney's and the butler should be compensated for any extra work that is required to accommodate the diners in the suite.

I disagree. While technically allowed, it can easily be abused. When you abuse a perk enough it goes away. Even though the non-suite people are not eating in Cagneys, they certainly are using the time and effort of the Cagneys staff. Not to mention all the work a butler is doing for non-suite guests. Yes, you can do it, but I would certainly limit it. In other words, I don't think it is proper. If you want the perks, pay the price!

Is it proper? I am not sure. I am sure that our experience is that both butlers and concierges offered to have our non suite guests eat with us in our cabin from any restaurant. Without having to ask. The use of the Haven facilities was never offered, though, and I think this is right, because that would bother other passengers. So yes, they can eat with you, and no, they can not enter Cagney's.

Unless you are also booked on the suite level you will not be allowed to eat at Cagney's for breakfast or lunch. That is reserved for the passengers at suite level or higher only.

We sail once per year and it is usually in the Courtyard (Haven) Suites. One year my husbands cousin sailed with a balcony room and wanted the same level of service we had including Cagney's for breakfast and lunch and he wasn't happy when they denied him access. He was sailing with us, but because he wasn't booked at suite level or higher, he wasn't allowed.

As it should be. You get what you pay for. I have never cruised in a suite on NCL. I don't expect the perks that suite passengers enjoy when I don't pay for them.

When I traveled on the Jewel in a suite the concierge told me on the sly that non suite passengers should not be eating at cagneys for lunch or dinner. He did make an exception once but stressed the fact that this is a suite perk for people paying a premium and guests should not be allowed.

I think having the butler deliver the meal to your room for you and your guests is a great idea

Enjoy!!

No, it's not a good idea. As I just said, I've never paid for a suite and do not expect suite perks. The butler should not have to serve passengers who do not pay for the suite perks. That leaves less time for the butler to serve passengers who do pay for the perks. It's really a simple concept to grasp.

I would respectfully disagree on this. For a Butler to drop of 4 plates instead of 2 plates is not a major difference. Also, many suite guests arrange for parties in their cabins which the butler will set up for them. If they are inviting family members to these parties, it amounts to the same thing.

Of course the butler should be tipped accordingly if you are making more use of their services. Personally, I've never done this, but know that people do. I think that if I did it though that I would limit it to once or twice during a cruise. We rarely have the butler deliver meals to our cabin. But I would think that it's not much different than if we were really hungry and ordered several entrees. The butler generally just drops off the meals and didn't stay to physically serve them.

Archived