Cheaper cruise ship that has a great waterplay area for kids?

loveysbydesign

We're looking to take a cruise that's much cheaper than Disney but still has great areas for the kids including waterplay/waterslide and kids clubs. Looking to go to the Caribbean(or even Bermuda although I know that's pricier) and would like to keep it under $1700 for the 5 of us to cruise in May or Nov.:D

(Kids would be 13, 10 and 5y.o. and indoor cabin is fine)

Is it possible to find a great ship for kids at that price?:confused:

If so what ships should I be looking at?

Open to Carnival, RCCL or NCL.

Any of the waterworks ships on Carnival are fantastic! Inspiration, Sensation. Dream etc. They have great water areas/slides/sprinklers.

And these Fantasy class ships can all hold 5 in a cabin.

FYI- Inspiration is now on the West Coast.

You can get that price (seems November is even cheaper) on any of the carnival fantasy class ships. I looked a few minutes ago for Nov of this year, and you can get all 5 of you on the ecstasy for a 5 night cruise to the Bahamas & Half Moon Cay (the private Bahamas island) for well under your budget- it was like 1300 something for 5 people in an inside cabin. The only carnival ships that have a waterworks area that are 7 nights are the Dream, Magic & the new Breeze (which isnt out yet). They are however, much pricier usually!

You can get that price (seems November is even cheaper) on any of the carnival fantasy class ships. I looked a few minutes ago for Nov of this year, and you can get all 5 of you on the ecstasy for a 5 night cruise to the Bahamas & Half Moon Cay (the private Bahamas island) for well under your budget- it was like 1300 something for 5 people in an inside cabin. The only carnival ships that have a waterworks area that are 7 nights are the Dream, Magic & the new Breeze (which isnt out yet). They are however, much pricier usually!

You don't consider this a 'waterworks?'

417768498307_0_ALB.jpg

647768498307_0_ALB.jpg

737768498307_0_ALB.jpg

627768498307_0_ALB.jpg

This is available on every Fantasy class except Elation and Paradise.

EM

I sailed on Carnival Dream twice and LOVED the Water Works on board the ship. They were a ton of fun for all ages! The Water Works area is fresh water. The pools are salt water and the hot tubs are fresh water. Many of Carnival's ships have a Water Works area or at least a single slide.

I also believe Norweigan's EPIC has a slide area on board too from what my dad said.

You don't consider this a 'waterworks?'

417768498307_0_ALB.jpg

647768498307_0_ALB.jpg

737768498307_0_ALB.jpg

627768498307_0_ALB.jpg

This is available on every Fantasy class except Elation and Paradise.

EM

Sorry, my post was not as clear as i meant. I meant most fastasy class ships do a shorter than 7 night cruise. There are occasionally some exceptions. And yes, i know the fantasy class has waterworks. Suffering from a nasty cold.... Sorry i was not as clear as i thought.

You didn't say if you wanted a 7 day cruise or not, going on a shorter Bahamas cruise will definitely bring the price down. We sailed the Sensation out of Canaveral last May and it had a waterworks park. Our 4-day cruise was very cheap I thought. $700 for both of us, after taxes and port fees.

For 7-day itineraries it might be out of your price range...

I think Nov is generally cheaper than May, with the exception of Thanksgiving, but the cruise lines change there prices almost as fast as airlines change theirs.

I've also heard and read on these boards that the 1st 2 weeks of Dec are generally the cheapest time to cruise.

NCL's Epic does have 3 wonderful slides and a splash area, but don't think you could get 5 people for the price you are looking for.

It's been a while since I've been on Carnival and I'm looking to book on the Fantasy out of Charleston as it is only 4 hours from my house. Does the Fantasy have the water works like in the pics? I have an almost 9 y/o that would be in heaven

We liked the carnival imagination 4 night cruise to key west and Cozumel. The water play area was great...lots of fun activities for kids and we really enjoyed the food. We had an ocean view room which was plenty of space for our family of 4. It was a very affordable cruise and a nice getaway!

We liked the carnival imagination 4 night cruise to key west and Cozumel. The water play area was great...lots of fun activities for kids and we really enjoyed the food. We had an ocean view room which was plenty of space for our family of 4. It was a very affordable cruise and a nice getaway!

We're def. considering that one, thanks for the review!:D

We are 5 people and sailing for 5 nights (always check 5 nights because they sometimes are cheaper than 4 nights) in 2 inside cabins for $1250 (plus $50 OBC for each cabin). We booked early saver. Of course it is Jan so not peak times.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the Sensation last year and had a blast. My children, 5 and 8, had a blast at the waterworks. Sensation and Ectasy do short cruises out of Port Canaveral. They have both been updated with the "Evolution of Fun". I would look at either of these. Ectasy even goes to Half Moon Cay the private island which I hear is awesome! Also the waterworks area had fresh water. They main pool and hot tubs were saltwater.

Archived