Cigar Smoking on Celebrity Silhouette

mjrtar

When I was on board (I'm a smoker), I saw people smoke cigars in the designated smoking sections on decks 5 and 12. What I understood was you can only smoke in those areas (along with the sky observation deck on 14).

This indoor area is being phased out on X ships. Infinity is the first ship to ban all indoor smoking and it will be fleet wide by the end of the year.

[/b]

This indoor area is being phased out on X ships. Infinity is the first ship to ban all indoor smoking and it will be fleet wide by the end of the year.

Yes that is true, and thank goodness for that. Even though I smoke, I really dislike indoor smoke.

From the website

For the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, our ships are designated as non-smoking; however, we recognize that some of our guests smoke. Therefore, to provide an onboard environment that also satisfies smokers, we have designated certain areas of the ship as "smoking areas." Generally, smoking is not permitted except in designated areas. (Contact Guest Relations for additional details). This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

From this I take that as the rollout of the new rules progresses through the fleet there will be some differences as to the designated smoking area locations on each ship untill the end of the year. Also Captains Club quoted to me from the "New Smoking Policy" bulletin.

Edited by Christine Frances

• 4 years later...
Glen No cigar lounge on silhouette,

I smoked cigars at all "smoking" areas of Silhouette,just 2 months ago,and I was not the only one.

You can buy cigars on ship,but selection was limited,better take your own.

DocMark, Thanks for the info. Celebrity allows you to bring your own cigars? I can also buy cigars at ports.

Thanks again.

Edited by HspncElvis

Does the Celebrity Silhouette have designated areas for cigar smoking?

Below are the common smoking areas on Silhouette. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

Deck 15 - Aft port side next to Sunset Bar

Deck 14 - Starboard side next to the Mast Bar

Deck 12 - Port side midship

Deck 5 - Port side midship and forward

Glen and Tommy

15 th deck,if weather calm,is FANTASTIC for having a cigar...have fun,maybe we will meet up on a future cruise.

Glen,no problem with bringing cigar on board,ports had cigars,but unreasonably expensive (according to a fellow smoker)

Below are the common smoking areas on Silhouette. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

Deck 15 - Aft port side next to Sunset Bar

Deck 14 - Starboard side next to the Mast Bar

Deck 12 - Port side midship

Deck 5 - Port side midship and forward

Cigar and pipe smoking on S-Class has been restricted to deck 15 port side aft. Has there been a recent policy change?

No, no policy change. Just our Bot's limited ability -- can only cut and paste certain things, in this case related to the question, but not actually answering the question :rolleyes:

So true Got my chuckle for the day! Thanks

I posted this in another thread but might be best asked here. Can I smoke a cigar in an alcove if I book one?

No. That would ruin everyone else's alcove experience who has an alcove on your side -- like smoking on your balcony -- the smoke meanders around the area.

Cigar smoking is aft on the port side.

Glen No cigar lounge on silhouette,

I smoked cigars at all "smoking" areas of Silhouette,just 2 months ago,and I was not the only one.

You can buy cigars on ship,but selection was limited,better take your own.

Is there any reason that you feel entitled to break the smoking rules? Perhaps there are people that don't like cigar smoke and you are forcing them to either accept the cigar smoke or engage Celebrity officials to enforce the rules. Cigar smoking at the Mast Bar can irritate a lot of people.

I would hope everyone can follow the rules on Cigar smoking.