Hey Diving Bride

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The two week count down. I know I'm just under five months and am starting to get nervous about all the details. Two weeks out I'll probably be a mess. :o

I am in the process of setting up the reception and extra touches now so we will see how that goes. Not too much "extra" I'm looking to do, however, the list grows the more I talk with Lisa at TWE. She has started giving me great ideas and letting me know so much more is available than what is printed.

Well, Please let me know how things go and how much you enjoyed it when you get home. Congratulations and I'll be thinking of you.

Shelly

P.S, I'm here for you if you have any last minute info or stuff you want to talk about too. :D

Diving Bride and Sestrong821,

Sorry to cut into your conversation. I just wanted to say how excited I am for the both of you. I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess July 4, 2005. I am just about at the 2 month mark and I can't wait.

Diving Bride ~ I can't imagine what you are going through being two weeks out. You must be so excited. Just remember to relax and have fun these last two weeks as you are starting a new chapter of your life soon. If you need anything you can always chat with me too. I look forward to hearing your review and maybe seeing some pictures.

Sestrong821 ~ How are you doing with planning? What sorts of things are you adding? How many people do you have going with you?

Hope to talk to you both soon!!

Shari:p

Hey Cruising Wonder,

How are you? Please don't apologoze for joining our conversation, all of us brides are like sisters (in my eyes). We get to talk and ask all kinds of questions, for me it is so much fun....the more the merrier:D

July 4th I will definately be thinking of you!!! I have planned a trip with my mom and dad to Ocean City Maryland as our "last trip" together before I'm married for that long weekend. I'm the only child and very close with my parents, so this is going to be a great time with them. I can't wait to see the fireworks at the beach.

Well, as far as planning, it's been great so far. We went through a "rush-rush" period at the beginning of January to get the cruise and wedding booked. Now we are about to book the reception so here goes nothin'.:eek: The extras we are adding: I am upgrading the bridal bouquet to 2 dozen roses with lavendar, getting the "Tie the Knot" video, two extra hours of photography. I figured out one thing from Kadiebug. She mentioned that if she could have changed one thing if would have been to get additional photo time since she had to miss some of her reception, so I'm doing that. I am also setting up a DJ for the reception, along with salon appointments and so on. There seems to be so much to do still, but being so far out I know I have plenty of time.

How are things going for you? I know it's getting so close and you have to be getting excited. I hope things are going smoothly and can't wait to hear about everything as you get closer and when you get home and have a chance to breath...

DivingBride~~~ I hope things are going well for the last minute wrap up. I know you'll have a wonderful time and just remember one thing, BREATH!!:D I seem to forget this every once in a while. Have a great time!!!!

By the way, either of you notice how you fall more in love with your dress everytime you see it? I went over today to see it with my mom and Future mother-in-law. This was my mother-in-laws first time seeing it and she actually cried! I was stunned, but then, seeing her cry made my mom cry and then I started...go figure:o . Anyhow, it's great talking with you guys. I'm so excited for you and that is just building my own excitment that much more....

Night ladies.

Shelly

Sestrong821,

Hey girl, thanks for letting me join in. I like that I get to talk to other people too. It's always nice making new friends. You may not meet them, but they can give you honest advice without any slack. I try talking to my friends at times and it goes no where. They are like yeah your getting married, big deal. So when it comes to wedding things I just talk to you ladies. So if I don't say it thanks!!

Glad to hear that your planning has been going smooth. I know how good it feels when you start to accomplish things. I didn't start booking things until last month, as I couldn't quite decide what I really wanted. Also, I wanted my mom to be able to have a say. So when I was visiting my parents we sat down and went through it all and started ordering.

This is what I ordered extra:

• I upgraded my bouquet to have two dozen roses with a couple lilies and ivy
  • Three roses hand-tied for my MOH
  • 3 more boutonnieres and 3 corsages
  • 2 additional hours of photography
  • Disc Jockey for 2 hours during the reception with hors d'oeuvres and open bar
  • Wine for the tables in Sterlings
  • Rose petals for the tables in Sterling and the guest book table
  • My hair appointment and french manicure
  • Gown Pressing

I am glad that I almost have this done. All I really have left to do is pay for it. I just finsihed squaring away the cruise part of it, so it will be good when I can do the same for this.

That trip to Ocean City Maryland will probably be a blast. When I was home my parents and I had one last trip to Niagara Falls. It was so much fun. I felt like I was still a kid again. You will have to let me know all about it when we both get back. Tee hee!! I am getting so excited saying that. I can't believe it is only two months or so away.

I had my last dress fitting in March. I love how it turned out. I added some extras to the dress cause I felt the dress wouldn't be me without them. I will have to check out your knot bio to see what yours looks like. I can't wait. Going to do that now!!!

P.S. I added you to msn!

Hey Shari,

My Knot name is Shel&Leo. If you want, please feel free to sign the guest book from the webpage. I am planning on printing them out when I get home and adding them to my guest book.

It is so funny...you and I are adding almost the same extra touches. :p

I know everything is going to a blast for us. The rush is about to happen again. It's funny my TA called me yesterday to say hi and ask how things were going. She said she was concerned with not hearing form us in so long. LOL I kinda thought that was funny. Now even my TA is getting excited.

Okay well, back to work.

Talk with you later.

Shelly

Hi everyone,

I am getting married on the Diamond Princess on 12/23/05. I am so happy to have found this post on the website. It is re-assuring to know that other future brides are frazzled at getting all the details too. I am working on getting all my details in order so that I may call and make some minor changes to our wedding day as well.

I am a complete "planner" :o and not being able to see and talk to everyone that will be involved is very hard for me. I must have called the Princess wedding planner about 10,000 times when I faxes everything in just to "make sure" that they received my information.

Let me know if anyone has questions or concers that maybe I can answer about the expericene I have had.

How is everything going? I know Diving Bride's BIG day is coming up. I hope everything is going well for you...I know this is going to be a wonderful day for you. I'm excited to hear about how things went for you when you get back.

Hey Shari, It's been a while!! How are things going girl? By the way, thank you for signing my guest book on the knot...I'm so excited you're the first one to sign it! So, is everything coming together for you? Any new info? I know each day you must be getting more excited! I know it's going to be great!!! By the way (again :D ) what is your favorite drink? I want to share a toast for you guys while in Ocean City with my parents on the 4th.

Hey Bndgrl~ welcome to our conversation!!! Don't feel alone about the thing of being a complete planner, I am too, and I think I'm driving everyone crazy :o . I'm just one of those people who when they want to get it done, do it themselves. The phone and email thing has been frustrating at times, but it's getting better as time goes by. How is your planning coming? So far everything is good on my end and I hope it stays that way.

Let's keep going with the questions, this has been great and I love talking with you guys. Like bndgrl said, it's nice to know we are not alone and have eachother :D

talk with you soon.

Shelly

Shelly,

Hey girl, things are going good. Nothing really new to say. I am just trying to get my guest list typed as well as the seating plan figured out. I want to try and get those faxed to Princess by the end of next week. I think I can do it as I have the time. These are the little details I have left before I finalize everything. It's amazing that after a year and a half of planning that I am almost finally here. I am so excited!!!

Oh I did however, add pictures to my knot bio page. I am Bride2Cruise on the knot if you want to look it up. I have the thank you sign I made in there as well as the start of my OOT bags. I still have to get stuff for those, but I have time. My dress is also on that page. I looked at your pics and I love it. You have a nice little set up. I know what you mean to about falling in love with the dress. I do it too!!

As to my favorite drink, well I have a few so here goes. My favorites are CC and coke, Strawberry Daquiri and Pina Colada. Do you like any of those? Thanks for thinking of me. It really means alot!! Also, about signing your guest book it was my pleasure, no need to say thanks.

Well I am going to go and get some stuff done around the house, but I will be back on later. Hope you have a good start to your morning.

Talk to you soon,

Hello!!

I hope you are all enjoying you day!

Diving Bride- CONGRATULATIONS! Your day will be fabulous! I hope that all the planning falls into place and you get to sit back, enjoy your day, and be the princess that you deserve to be on your wedding day!

Shelly-glad to hear that all of your planning is coming along smoothly so far. What "extras" are you adding to your wedding? I'm adding a few of the things that Shari has added too... (great minds think alike!):)

• Gown Pressing
  • Hair & nails
  • Bigger bouquet
  • Corsage for my sister and sister in law
  • Boutonniere for my brother in law
  • 2 hours of additional photography (1 hr before and 1 hr after)

Although I'm a little lost at how to do my hair!! Any ideas girls??

My dress is strapless. ( I LOVE IT!! What does everyone else's dress look like?)

Shari- What sort of "extra touches" did you add to your dress? It is pretty funny to me, my dress is NOTHING like I though it would be. I always thought I would have this really gawdy dress but it is actualy quite plain. (But I did get a LONG vail and I will be wearing a tiara, so I guess that I will still be a little gawdy but I love it. :rolleyes: It was the second one I tried on and I just kept going back to it. How about everyone else?

So far all planning is quiet here and I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm going to see my TA on Monday to discuss where we will be staying in Singapore before we leave on the ship.

We will be on the ship over X-mas so I'm planning on sneaking everyone's stockings onboard and having them on their door X-mas AM.

One last question, does anyone know if there are CD players in the rooms?

I would really like to be able to listen to music while I get ready.

Thanks for listening girls! :)

I lopk forward to hearing from you! :D

Ivy,

Hey girl glad to hear things are going good for you and I agree great minds do think alike. The extras I added on my dress were hand stitched crystals down the left leg and an ice blue tie for the corset to match with the ice blue flowers on the bodice. I just didn't want to be like everyone else with a white tie. So I put alittle me into the dress. I am not the type to get an out of this world dress. Mine is pretty plain, but I did dress it up a bit. Mine is also a strapless.

For my veil I have chosen one that comes to the middle of my back. It's a one tier as well. I decided to not wear a tiara as my dress had enough sparkle to it and I didn't want to take away from it. However, I am putting the odd crystal (very small) in my hair.

Are you on the knot.com? If so, what is your name on there?

Hope things go well with your TA on Monday. I also think the stocking idea is neat. You will have to let me know things as time gets near.

Hope to talk to you soon,

I again that great minds think alike. Looks like all of us are adding most of the same extras.

Extra dozen roses to bridal bouquet.

MOH bouquet (For my mom who is also my MOH)

Dress pressing (but provided by the suite)

Hair (Don't feel alone Ivy, I am having the same concern of not knowing what to do yet either.) :eek:

2 coursages for grandmothers

2 boutonniers for father of the groom and my dad

2 hours additional photography

Scary how we are all thinking along the same lines :p

Ivy~ I'm glad to hear things are coming along good for you and quiet. The dress I chose is actually pretty "busy":rolleyes: , but like you, I love it. I seem to be the only one opting to not wear strapless. I just didn't feel comfortable in it. The one I chose is pretty "over the top" it has a monarch train (12+ feet from the waist) along with a veil to match the length of the train with a blusher. I also have a tiara and I think that is why I am having hair problems...LOL

Shari~It's been a while....How are ya? Time is getting closer :D . How is all the final planning going? I know from what I have heard for other brides this is when things get a little crazy. By the way...I love strawberry daquiri's so, I will be toasting to you and your FI on the 4th. I love the thank you sign! I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to use that idea myself. I think it would make for a great picture. I am also doing a OOT bag with some fun stuff in it. I am adding flip-flops, sunscreen, little bottles of sun tan lotion with aloe vera, a custom beach towel with our names and wedding date embroidered on it, and then a T-shirt specialized for each member attending. I think it's going to be great. I will also have another bag given out at the door of the chaple to everyone with bubbles and a disposable camera so they can take pictures when ever they like. I was told you can't have rice, seed or rose petals tossed at the end of the ceremony, however bubbles were okay. I hope it turns out like I want. I've been to two weddings were bubbles were used and it was beautiful so we will see.

Well, it's late and I have got to get some sleep!!!

Talk with you guys later....

Shelly

Shelly,

Hey girl, things here are going good. Just trying to enjoy the weekend. FI worked all yesterday, so hopefully we will spend some time together today. Know what's funny as the time is getting near I have to say things aren't the crazy. I guess I got most of it done a head of time. I do have some things to finalize and I know that will come within the next three weeks. I also have to order our towels as that is also what we are putting in our OOT bags. We are ordering from towel4less.com. Where are you ordering from?

By the way I don't mind at all if you use my idea for the thank you sign. After we get back I want to use a picture with the thank you sign in it for our thank you cards. Cause with nothing inside the card I can write my own thing.

Well I am gonna get some things done for the day, so I will talk to you girls after. Write back if you can!!

Hello girls!! Hope you both are well and had a great weekend!

I'm excited to see the TA today!! We have lots of questions to ask! :confused:

Shelly- You're dress sounds amazing!!! I LOVE the long train! If I could, I would have a train as long as Princess Di's. I think that mine is "chapel" length? No too long because I have to carry it on the plane and I would like to be able to lift my arms on the ship. :)

I love the fact that your veil has a "blusher". I wanted one but the veil that I tried on looked perfect with the dress so I skipped it. (Isn't it funny, what you think you want turns out to be different than what you get?)

Shari- Your dress sounds beautiful too!! The crystals sound like a perfect touch along with the blue tie for the corset. I know what you mean about not wanting to look like everyone else. I think that those touches are subtle but perfect!! It is ironic that you are not the type to get an "out-of this-world" dress and yet yours has more details than mine but I like the fact that yours is "yours".

I thought about the same thing as there are two other couples getting married the same day as Jeff and I on the ship. I thought "what if one of them has the same dress, hair, etc...as me?? But if that happens I will do one of two things...

1) push them off the ship (JUST KIDDING!!!)

2) go ahead w/ the day and not worry about it.

I will probably go with #2 but I have to have options...;)

I had my hair done yesterday (just a trim) and I asked my stylist about "styles" but it was so hard to come up with anything without the veil and the tiara there. I'm a little nervous because I will just have to bring pictures w/ me and then hope that the person on the ship can create the same hair style.

I still have not bought my tiara yet. Another thing on my "to do" list...:eek:

What exact dates are your wedding taking place on? I know the months but what are the dates if you guys don't mind me asking....

I belive that Shari is on 7/4??

Shelly 9/??

Shelly I think that I will be coming to your wedding as a brideamaid just so that I can have one of your "goody bags". What a great idea!! I'm trying to think of some ideas for my "would be" bridesmaids as they will not be able to be there with me.

Shari, my name on The Knot is "Jeff & Ivy" , I think?? I'm still working on my web page. Is your web name the name that your web page is under? I'm still new at navagating the site although I love it!! What is your Knot page?? If you can't find it let me know and I will send you the link. I do not have any pictures there yet as we are working on getting a newer computer at the house.

What are your pages girls? Do you mind if I sign your guest books??

Well I must work now, I hope you guys have a great day!!

I look forward to talking to you again soon!

P.S. When is DivingBrides bing day??? I didn't want to leave her out!!

Ivy,

Hey girl, your options are too funny, I would say that too. Tee hee!! I don't know if there are any other couples getting married our day. I just never thought of that. I imagine there will be. We are the last ones to get married. Our time is 3:30 on July 4th. When is your wedding taking place and where is it?

If you don't mind I am going to go and look at your knot name now. I am under Bride2Cruise on the knot. I have pictures of my dress, thank you sign, OOT bags and more. Have fun!

Hope you both are having a good day. Talk to you soon!

Hi Shari,

I LOVE that you are getting married on July 4th! Any special significance?

Who is going to be able to be there with you?

We are getting married onboard the Diamond Princess on 12/23/05.

Please have a look at my Knot name and let me know what you think!

I will hopefully be able to add some pictures with in the next month or so.

I STILL can not find you!! Where do you search from? Maybe my computer is not behaving.

I would really like to see your site too!!:)

I hope that you (and everyone else) is having a great day!:D

Ivy,

Hey girl. The reason my FI and I chose the 4th of July is because that is the day we started dating on. We thought to ourselves, no need to change it when it works. We will always have some fireworks to keep things fun and spicy. We have 20 people going with us and I can't wait!!

To check out my knot bio, go to the knot site and click the talk tab. Then, were it has the different board names you will find a space that says FIND A KNOTTIE. Put my name in there. Hope it works!!

I have tried looking up your name and unfortunatly it isn't working. Let me know if I have the right one? Thanks!!

Hope you have a great night,

Hello Shari!! Guess what?? I FINALLY found your website. (I don't know what the deal was but I am going to blame my computer, it certainly was not me.);)

I LOVE IT!! Your dress is so beautiful. I LOVE the blue accents. The back with the lace up corset is amazing!!!!! You look teeny!!

Your invitations are so perfect too!!

I just love all the pictures!! Thank-you for shering them with me!

Hopefully my website will some day look as put together as yours!! I'm working on it!!

I love that fact that you guys are getting married on the day you started dating on. You are right, you will always have fireworks on that day! How long have you been together?

Jeff and I started dating during the month of January, but I LOVE Christmas. (I'm one of those people that starts shopping in August and starts counting down the days around the same time. Most of my friends get tired of the "Christmas countdown". I'm not that religious either, I just love giving presents, all the lights, etc...) We were not too happy with our choice of cruises in January and we wanted to go somewhere different. Anyway, we decided that a Christmas cruise would be fun!

Here is our webpage on The Knot.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/IvyHalvorson&JeffSpenny

I hope this helps you find it! I'm waiting to make the website announcement until we get some pictures but please feel free to take a look & sign the guest book. May I sign yours as well?

For right now I am trying to think of some goody bags to give my "would be" bridesmaids if they were coming with us on the cruise. I'm thinking of a "wish you were here theme" but I'm kind-of stumped as to what to put in them. Something to ponder on...

I just found out that there are no CD players in the rooms on the ship. I was a little disappointed as I wanted to listen to music while I get ready for the wedding. BUT I suppose that I will just have to sing. (much to my neighbors dismay I'm sure...:rolleyes:

Anyway, I will be leaving for Las Vegas for work tomorrow for the next 10 days so if you do not hear from me, I did not forget about you girls. Keep the emails coming and I look forward to talking to you all again soon!

Shelly- I hope you are doing well!

Take care, hugs to you all!!!!!!!!!! :D

I hope I'm not intruding, but I just sent in my contract for my wedding next year--Memorial Day weekend 2006--and had a few questions about gettting married on Princess. I'm hoping you can help, since you all seem like you have everything together.

* When you sent in your contract and payment, how long did it take them to process it? I sent ours in on Monday, and we're still waiting for them to run the credit card. I received confirmation that they had our paperwork and that it's in accounting, but I guess I'm being a paranoid bride because we haven't received confirmation. I know it's ages away, but we really want the 3:30 p.m., 2nd day at sea timeslot. How long did it take for your confirmations to come through?

* Also, did you make your spa appts. through the wedding experience or on Cruise Personalizer on princess.com? Just wondering which is better.

Any help you can provide is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much!

~Traci

Hey strangers,

It's been a while since I've talked with you. I hope everything is going well. We are all getting closer to the day.

Shari~ How have you been???? I love the idea of you getting married on the date you guys started dating. By the way, the toast to you guys is set up! I love the idea of the bluew ribbon. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate something blue and haven't figured out how to yet...any ideas? by the way I'd love to sign your guest book online if you dont' mind.

Ivy~I love Christmas too, and I start the count down at labor day. It's been a tradition for me since school...I know it's kinda corny, but it's always stuck with me. I would love to sign your guest book too. How are the plans going? You said in a earlier post you were meeting with your TA. How's that going? I have to say my TA is awesome along with Lisa at TWE.

Traci~ Welcome!!! Well, I was sent my contract in January to complete and fill out. I had it faxed into Lisa at TWE and it was processed right then and there. I guess I was fortunate because we did all of it a the TA's office so it was almost immediate. I made my spa appointment through TWE. So far it is working and had been confirmed for me many times. I can't really say if it's better this way or not so....Let me know if you have any more questions...both Shari and Ivy are great and have givin' lots of info and advise too. Also, you may want to talk with kadiebug12, she just got married aboard the Caribbean Princes in January and has a complete review on this board with photos.

Talk with you guys later....

Shelly

Hi Traci! You are not intruding at all!! Welcome!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your wedding!!!!

1) Do not worry! Easier said than done as I was (am) the same way!!

I faxed AND mailed in my documents. Then two days later I called AND emailed Lisa @ the Wedding Experience to make sure that they had received the documents as I had not heard anything. I would call and email just to verify.

I got the confirmation two days later after I emailed. Here is her email address if you need it. lisa@theweddingexperience.com

I am not sure if she is the one that you are in contact w/ but they should all be able to help you.

(Remember, you can always call and make additions to your wedding later to make it more personalized.)

2) I made my spa appointments through the Wedding Experience. Although I do still need to call and confirm but i will do that when I get back from my trip. (I have been putting a lot off until I get back, I did not want to raise any issues before I left!!:eek:

The other girls might be able to give you a more concrete answers to these questions as they are getting married before I am. (I'm getting married in Dec. 05)

Do you have your dress picked out?

Congrats again!!! Talk to you soon!!

Shair and Ivy-

Thank you so much! it's so nice to chat with people who are going through the same thing. even though the wedding's not for a year, I still feel like there's a ton to do now.

Thanks so much for letting me know about the wait. I'm working with Jamala and she's been really nice so far. She said the paperwork is with accounting, I'm just feeling impatient :)

And, I think booking the appts. through TWE may be the easiest.

I actually just purchased my dress this past weekend and I love it--super light and simple. It's a Watters dress. here's a link to the back, although I changed the sash to the one in the second photo. The original sash, I'd like to use to tie my flowers.

http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&page=11&showid=32

http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&showid=265 (definitely will not be wearing the expression, but I love the belt/sash :) )

TTYL,

Traci

Hey girls,

How are all of you doing? What have you been up too? Anything planned for the weekend? Let me just say it is good to see another new face here. Tracy you are more then welcome to join us, of course as the others have mentioned. More the marry'er (tee hee) right?

To all of you ~ I would love it if you would sign my guestbook.

Ivy ~ First off thank you for the compliments. I am glad you found my webpage. Don't worry I have faith in you, I am sure your knot bio looks good. Come to think of it, I feel mine needs some work, but then again I guess we all can think that at times.

My FI and I have been dating now for 3 1/2 years. I have known him for 4 1/2. He is a really great guy. About Christmas...... I feel the same way you do. I love the lights, the decorations and some snow, but I don't like it too cold. I start shopping early cause I don't like shopping at the last minute with all those busy crowds.

That sucks that there are no cd players. I love listening to music when I am getting ready. I think it helps to move me along. Maybe you could sing a song for me that day. I bet your singing is better then mine. Maybe I will have to try. Well girl.......have a wonderful time in Vegas and I will talk to you when you get back. Take pics! What is your email address, if you don't mind? Thank!

Shelly ~ Hey girl, things here are going good. I really just finished my thank you sign now. I put the bristle board on it so it is alittle whiter and you don't see creases in the board. I am happy with how it turned out. Now all I have to do is figure out what kind of place cards I want to use. I found ones with confetti that you open up and throw. Seems like a neat things. We'll see.

Thanks for setting up the toast. I will be doing the same for you. I told my FI about it an he thinks that is so neat. Is there any significance to your wedding date? Just curious.... Thanks for the compliments on my dress. As I said, I had to add the blue tie. It just wasn't me without it. For your something blue, you could wear a garter with blue in it, or you could stitch the initial of your new last name on the bottom of your dress. Remember the stitching doesn't have to be big. I did that near my feet as well. Or you could wear something blue for an under garment. Let me know if I can help further. I will keep thinking.

Tracy ~ I am glad that you joined this conversation. I use to get so frustrated cause there was no one I could talk to about getting married on a cruise ship. Then I met Kadiebug12 and she is amazing. She helped me so much and still does. After a bit, I finally started meeting others like Shelly and Ivy. It is really good to know I have another person I can share things with.

About the appointments, I think you should make them through the TWE. It is so much easier. I did it that way. I also did it for my mom and my MOH. At least this way I know the times slots and everything.

By the way your dress is very nice. I like the idea of personalizing it. I did mine. Are you wearing both a veil and tiara? Just curious....

Well girls, I am gonna cut it off here for now as it is getting late and my FI gets home tomorrow. Which means I still have stuff to do. Hope you all had a great night and I will talk to you all soon!!

Archived