Hey Diving Bride

Hello Ladies ~

Hope you had a good Wednesday. I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, but I did get my towels. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them. Hope you all have a great night!!

Kadie ~ I am preserving my dress, although I don't know what I will do with it. I am still undecided whether I will keep it or sell it. I really think I want to keep it, people think I should sell it afterwards. So we will see.

I was talking to Alba today and I never thought to ask who our onboard coordinator will be. Now I am curious? :rolleyes: Maybe I will ask later if I come up with another question to call her about. Tee hee!

Hope you have a great night. I bet you can't wait until you move into your new home. I am so excited for you!!!

Talk to all you girls later,

Shari:p

Hi ladies,

Well, we have all made it through half of another week! I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the down slope to the weekend.

Shari~ YEAH!!!! Your towels are in! I can't wait to see a picture of them. I hope they turned out hope you hoped. I know everything is coming together for you and you must be getting more excited by the day (I bet you're able to keep up with all the family's excitement now :D ) As far as my towels, I got a phone call today letting me know that I was misquoted on the price of mine and that it is now double what they told me. Well, I got a little upset, but thought to myself I'm only going to do this once in my life...why not go for it. I let them know it was fine as long as I would get them when they told me I would. So that's now done.

Last night my mom and I mostly finished the invitations/announcements. Yippy-skippy!:p I ended up buying a box of invitations at our local home depot (50 in the box plus note cards and all envelopes) for about $40.00. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to make my own due to the prices to have them done. Well, it worked out great! We ended up using the internet program it had and got it all done. We ended up going to a local crafts store though to add so extra touches to them. In the package we bought there wasn't any of the "tissue" or ribbon you can add so we found a way to do them ourselves. I think they look amazing, and what's even better is it gave my mom and I a lot of time together to work on them. It will certainly be a great memory. I will try to take a pic and email it to you or post it here so you can see.

So far that is all that is really new. I hope things are going well for you and I can't wait to hear how you are doing as the date draws closer.

I am still waiting for the quotes impatiently :p but they should be in soon. I'm just anxious. Things are starting to come in and I'm just trying to make sure everything is done well in advance. It's a part of my super organization flaw:rolleyes: oh well...

The new bed sounds great! My FI and I got one a little while ago, unfortunately he hasn't been able to enjoy it yet (not till he moves in after we're married) so....

Keep me posted on how things go....I'm still so excited for you.

Kadie~ The cruise book for dummies would be great, being there are none out right now anywhere. I remember looking everywhere and until I found your review and talked with you I was lost.

Sounds like the packing is coming along. I know it seemed to take me to pack and organize when I moved into my house last June. I hope things continue to go smoothly. I know you are probably so excited and tired all at the same time.

You know, you mentioned keeping a journal. It's kinda funny you mentioned that, I've been keeping one since we got engaged. My mom actually told me that she kept one when her and my father were engaged and she loved to go back and read it from time to time. I have actually made it to where it will be the gift I give to my FI on our wedding day, well one of them at least. It is actually a great memory book I have found. I have so many things in there be it my notes or tickets from things we have done or seen to pressed flowers that he gave me. He's a very sentimental guy so I think he will like it ( I hope).

I am also going to have my dress preserved and will be keeping it. Now the only thing is where I will keep it. I hope to be able to pass it to my daughter one day if she would want it, that is of course if I have a girl when we decide it's time to start the family.

Well ladies...it will hopefully be smooth sailing into the weekend. I hope your Thursday and Friday are great.

Talk with you soon

Shelly

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing? Did you all have a good night last night? I guess you could say I had a pretty good one. We finally got our bed frame around 5:00 as it never came with the matress the other day. FI and I didn't do much except set up the frame and the bed and then watch a movie. My sister-in-law also called to see how things are going and to see if there was anything I needed help with. She is so sweet I just love her to death. She is standing as my MOH.

Well on another note, I must say my towes look absolutly great. I am so pleased with them. Your girls should have mail for the ones I have email addresses for. I sent you some pictures of them along with some other things.

Shelly ~ The excitement is really starting to set in, especially since FI comes home from work and says I only have 10 days left of work. He is getting so excited which is doing wonders on me. Tee hee!!

I am sorry you had to go through that with your towels. If you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for them? Where did you order from again? Is it Things Remembered?

Yay I am so excited for you about your invitations!!! I want to see them. Deffinately send me a picture of them. I know what a feeling it must be to have them done. You go girl!! Another things checked off your list.

Don't worry about getting things done in advance. It isn't a flaw. I did it too and now I only have a couple little things left to complete. I am enjoying the time I have to relax, as well as enjoying the rest of my engagement. It is hard to believe a year and a half has gone by so fast.

And remember not to worry those quotes will come in before you know it!! Smile :p

P.S. Kadie ~ I like the idea of the "cruise weddings for dummies." I have to admit I was one until I talked with you. Seems like you are a saver to more then one person!!!:p

Shari-

Thanks soooo much for sharing the pics! I love the towels, they're perfect. They look so rich! I absolutely ADORE the water bottle labels! They are sooo very cute. Such a good idea to buy the bottles once you get to FL. By the way, when do you get to FL? Which hotel are you staying at again, before you depart? I bet you guys are both getting so very excited. It's such an amazing time, when you get onboard make sure to go up to the top deck and just take a deep breath, taking in the moment. I didn't get a chance to do that until later that afternoon and it was soo cool to just sit back, and take it all in. I hope soooo much you get a great onboard coordinator and an awesome photographer. I think one of the reasons our pics came out so nicely is that we told our photographer to use her creativity and not just do the "standard" pics. It worked. ;) We also told the onboard coordinator what kind of pics we wanted (creative, photojournalistic) when we first met with him so he assigned us a photographer with a degree in photojournalism which worked out so perfectly. Don't be afraid to tell them things you want, they won't think you're a bridezilla (I was soo worried about that) as long as you ask nicely. :)

Did you ever get those rehearsal dinner invites printed?

Well, girl, I'm counting down the days with you and I think I'm nearly as excited as I can be about this upcoming cruise, and I'm not even going! LOL

Shelly-I think that's such a fabulous idea about the engagement journal. It's such a roller coaster journey I bet that's something you and your FI will always treasure. Sounds like you're really good at making memory books and such. That's one thing I'm definitly NOT good at. I kept lots of stuff from our wedding to make a scrapbook out of one day, but who knows how it will turn out. LOL Maybe I'll pay someone like you who knows what they're doing to make it for me. :)

I had my dress preserved and feel it was well worth it. I keep it in a closet, but you can pull it out and look at it anytime you want, they packaged it nicely with the dress on a bodice dummy so you really can see what it looks like filled out and they put the veil falling around it, it came out nice. Now, if anyone ever wants to wear it they can and it will be perfectly preserved. :)

Kadie ~

Hey girl, how is your day going so far? I am glad you liked the pictures. I managed to get them done this morning. I don't know if there are any other pictures I forgot to send you. I can take a picture of my veil and hair pins if you like. Ohhh and I have my purse and shawl that go with my dress. My mom picks my dress up this Sunday. I can't wait, even though I can't see it!!:p

We are leaving on Friday July 1 and should be arriving in Fort Lauderdale at 4:55 pm. We are staying at the Amerisuites on SE 10th Avenue. I guess that is just off the main street. We wanted somewhere close to downtown, so we could walk around. We might walk to the pier just to get a look.

I will deffinately go up to the top deck and take it all in. Just for you! Ok and me too!! LOL

I sent a photo list to Alba with some pictures of certain ones I want taken, but I also put on the list more to be discussed with photographer. Hopefully I get someone that majored in photojournalism. I will have to tell them what you said. Ha ha I am going to steal your words. Kidding!!

Sorry with all the joking I am just in a good mood today and it hasn't even really started. I still have to finish my programs and the dinner invites. I have one printed up of each, but I just haven't mass produced them I guess you could say. That is my project for next week. I know I still have a little time.

Well girl I hope to talk to you soon and I really do wish you were coming. I don't know you to see you (only through pictures), but I feel I know you personally. When I talk about you, I mention well my friend......

Thanks for everything!!

Hi, everyone. I have been such a slacker for the past two weeks on posting and the wedding. I had my mom's stuff going on (finally on the road to a successful recuperation--thank you all for the warm wishes!) and then got slammed at work.

I STILL haven't sent out my save-the-dates, but I have a firm deadline of next weekend.

Shari--omg, i can't believe how close your wedding is!!! Your plans sound wonderful. I would love to see pics if you're still willing to share: traci_gavzer@yahoo.com.

I agree with all those before me that Kadie rocks and has been a lifesaver and you all are fabulous too!

My bro comes in this weekend and we're going wine tasting with a large group up in Santa Ynez. I rented a wine limo bus with leather couches and 3 bars--should be itneresting. We've got a group of 15 to 17 going--those poor wineries. If anyone has a favorite santa ynez-based winery and wants me to pick any wine up for them, please give me a shout :)

I promise I'll be a better CC member.

Thanks for putting up with me!

~Traci

Traci ~

Hey girl glad to see your back and that your mom is feeling better everyday. I wondered where the other posters have been.

I sent you the pictures a couple of minutes ago. So when you get the chance you can look at them. I am so proud of them. Tee hee!! :p

I can't believe I leave in 14 days. I am so excited!!

Sometimes you need a break from everything, but don't worry I know you will get your save the dates done. Have fun on your trip. I wish I could go with you. I like going to wine tastings. Have a glass for me!!!

Talk to you soon,

Shari

Hey Ladies,

I had a lot of reading to do...y'all can type!

I agree, Kadie you definatly need to wrtie a "Cruise Weddings for Dumbies". I was very nervous before I found your post, read the review and saw your photos. You have been a lifesaver to me, just knowing I can shoot you an e-mail with my questions.:)

I don't have nay thing new to add...I still haven't heard from Alba, but with Sheri and Shelly getting so close, I 'm not going to bother her!

Sheri~ I would love to see some of your pics kcfrawley@sbcglobal.net

Since I joined this thread so late, I can't remember everyones dates and ships, can you refress my aging memory! (my 33rd birhtday is Wed)

I hope everyone has a great weekend....I'm off running:p . Sometime I really don't like this working out thing....will that ever change?

Kristin

Kristin ~

Hey girl how have you been? I was just saying I wondered where the other girls went. I will email you pictures as soon as I am done this post. My wedding is coming up so fast, I can't wait!! It is July 4 on the Caribbean Princess in the chapel. It can be viewed from the web cam.

Hope you have a great weekend and best of luck running. I have been keeping up with it too. It does get easier, trust me.

Talk to you soon,

Shari~ I got your pics...everthing looks great! You have really worked hard!

What time is your ceremony??? I will try and watch , if I don't have to work!:(

The running is going ok, except for the massive blister I got on Friday and the fact that it is over 100 during the day!

Better go...we are off for a Father's day dinner (from the dogs):D

Kristin

Kristin ~

Hey girl, how was your father's day dinner? Sorry about getting a blister from running. Those things hurt. I got a couple when I started too. All better now though.

My wedding is at 3:30 Florida time. So it all depends on what time zone that is for you. Hopefully you will be able to catch a glimpse. I am so glad I got the towels. I only have a couple things left to finish.

Talk to you soon!

Hey Kadie ~

You are too cute. How's it going? Things here are going good, I am just trying to finish my programs. I have everything printed out, now all I have to do is put them together. LoL the fun part!! We got the ribbon and hole punch this weekend.

I have started to pack the little things and checked them off my list. FI has a project due before we leave so he has been working steady on that. He can't wait for this vacation.

WOOHOO!!! Talk to you soon.

Shari-

I LOVE your towels, labels and OOT bags--they all look fantastic. You did a wonderful job.

We had a wonderful time wine tasting. There was a group of 15 of us and the wine bus i booked worked out very well--no driving and lots of fun :)

~Traci

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is doing well and making strides in their wedding planning. :)

Shari-I love your programs, they came out beautifully. They look professionally done. :) What else do you have left to do before you leave? Are your family and guest starting to get excited?? I've been slow at posting because we've been soooo busy packing. We are taking a load each night to the new house in our cars and have the Uhaul reserved for this Saturday. Then, my in laws are coming for 10 days in July! Crazy, huh? We're going to to go Orlando and hit Universal Studios and Disney World. Should be interesting. LOL I'm flying my neice out from CA to come with us for sanity purposes. :)

Traci-I LOVE wine and your trip sounds awesome. Was it expensive to rent the bus? I'm from CA and my parents live in Chico, CA so they make trips to CA wine country all the time. In fact, for our wedding they brought onboard 11 bottles of CA wine for the rehearsal dinner and all we had to pay was the cork fee and the wine flowed at dinner. It was very nice. Plus, we saved 1 bottle that was leftover that we're going to open and share on our 1 year anniversary. :) We'll have it with our top cake layer "replica". (we're going to have a baker remake our top layer since we couldn't take it off the ship).

Well, we're off to order a coffee table on our lunch break. Why is it when you move you always need more furniture? :)

Chat with you all soon.

Kadie

Hey girls,

Just wanted to see how you all are doing? Seems like things have started to slow down for everyone. I can't believe it, I am only 4 days out from leaving and 6 days from our wedding!!!

Kadie ~ I talked to my parents today and let me tell you they are so excited. They can't wait for this vacation as well as the wedding. My mom is already starting to cry. She is too sweet. My dad calms me when I get a little stressed about things. He is awesome when it comes to that. From what I know about my brothers. They are pretty excited too.

I am glad to hear you got everything moved into your new house. I can just imagine how much time that took.

I was going to call you tonight, but I didn't want to bother you.

Well girls, I hope things are going well with all of you. All the best and talk to you soon.

Hey Ladies,

Shari~ you must be beside yourself! I can't wait too hear every detail. Don't forget to have them turn on the WebCam:D

It seems like everyone has been busy, not many new posts. With Jeff out of town, I'm a single Mom...we have 3 dogs, one is very old (14) and has doggie Altzheimers (sp). So she keeps me pretty busy.

Kadie~ I know what you mean about moving when we left MN to move to Texas we, I, wanted everything new! Jeff is the rational one in our relationship so we settled on a new bedroom suite, we doubled our square footage and amazingly had enough stuff for every room. Now all I want to do is paint, beige is boring in every room:D .

I'd better go.....I hope everyone has a great week!

Kristin

Shari,

I can't believe it's sooo soon for you!!! I'm so very excited. If you want to call me this evening I'll be home all evening, probably organizing clothes since finding matching socks has become quite the feat at this point. :)

I'm sure everyone who's coming to your wedding is so very excited. That was one thing I LOVED was watching our guests be so excited about the trip, just knowing they were looking forward to it so much. That was one reason we did a cruise wedding, we didn't want people to be saying or feeling like "Geez, I have to go all the way to Miami for a wedding this weekend, wish I didn't have to go" or something like that. We wanted people to want to come vs it being a committment and that's totally what we got and loved it. It makes it fun, because it makes it an exciting time for everyone, not just the bride and groom (even though it is still ALL about the bride and groom :)).

Well, Muji left yesterday for Seattle I believe for her wedding this weekend as well. I can't wait to hear all about her her wedding goes as well. I'm thinking such strong positive thoughts for you ladies, I want your days to make you as happy as ours made us. :)

My wonderful husband hooked up my internet access late last night so I'll be able to get e mail more often now, but don't hesitate to call or e mail me! I'm counting down the days with you and in 3 days you'll be in sunny south Florida waiting for your love boat! (I know, I'm a cheeseball)

Keep us all posted!

Hello everyone! Cruise Critic boards have been mean to me lately and kept bumping me off and I had some minor oral surgery on Fri, so I was "drugged" all weekend :)

Shari, I am super excited for you and can't wait to hear the scoop when you return! You also have mail from me :)

Kadie--the wine tour was awesome and our bus was pretty reasonable. it was $750 for 5.5 hours divided among 15 people plus tip. We also got free wine tasting from a few of the wineries so it worked out really well. I would highly recommend taking that approach--safer and more fun for everyone. Mike even sang some karoake on the bus --I think he was practicing for Princess Idol :) And, I'm glad your hubbie hooked up your internet.

Kristin--I hope your pooches behave for you. On the painting front, if you're looking at colors, I found the Pantone Guide to Color book to be fantastic. You can look at different color schemes, personalities, etc. One of my favorite resources.

I am proud to tell you all that our passport save-the-dates are finally being cut and will hit mailboxes on Thurs.! Hooray, I want them out before the holiday!

I also booked our ship walkthru for Sat., Aug. 13, so if anyone wants specific photos, please let me know and I'm happy to take them for you. of course, it'll be too late for Shari :)

That's all for now. Hope to talk to you all soon!

~Traci

I missed it too :(. My husband had me out and about and I missed it by like 45 minutes. I logged on as soon as I got home and they had that generic picture of the chapel up with the table set up in front of the camera. Also, the bridge cam showed a date of like 3 days earlier, so I'm not even sure if their webcams were working. :( I hope she's having an amazing time!

I don't know what cruise line you are getting married on but if it is NCL please contact me. We worked with Jamala and my daughters wedding was a disaster.

Kristen-

I LOVE your website, you guys did a GREAT job. I'm sure your guests will find it very handy. I love it that you guys are asking for donations to the Humane Society. Our dog is like our baby and we adopted him from the Humane Society (he had been returned to the pound 3 times!) and we couldn't live without him. We support all local Humane Society Events and our pooch has raised several hundred dollars for his buddies back at the pound. I just think that's great you guys are supporting the humane society.

Ok, back to the wedding. :) Wonderful website! Did you guys design that yourselves?

Kadie, Our dogs are our kids! They are all rescue dogs from Dalmatian Rescue.

Helping homless animals is very important to both of us!!!

I'm glad you like the site. I did it through ewedding.com, you can build you own site through them and have your own .com for 1 year. I will post the wedding photos after we get married!

K

Archived