Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa

TWELVEOHONE

Lets make this clear, Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa.

CARNIVAL CORPORATION is the holding company for Coata Cruise lines, Carnival Cruise lines, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, AIDA, Ibero, and Seaborn.

As far as money, passports, etc the American Embassey (U.S. citizens) will issue replacement passports, and lend money to get them all back home.

This is why it is recommended that a copy of passport is given to someone at home. It can be faxed to the embassey make it musch easier to get a repacenment

Yeah and Bill Gates doesn't own all of Microsoft, he just controls it because he owns most of it. Carnival controls Costa and lists it in its cruise portfolio because it owns most of its net worth as its holding company.

Correct.

The UK will get people home without passports too, in these circumstances as I would think most countries.

It is important NEVER to return to your stateroom JUST to pick up your passport - it's not worth risking your life for.

Yeah and Bill Gates doesn't own all of Microsoft, he just controls it because he owns most of it. Carnival is laboring under the belief that it "owns" Costa according to this Carnival press release.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=387044&highlight=

Thats is a Carnival Corp and PLC press release, who do own Costa, and not a Carvival Cruise Lines press release, who are owned by Carnival Corp and PLC. As stated by the OP Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Costa

Correct.

The UK will get people home without passports too, in these circumstances as I would think most countries.

It is important NEVER to return to your stateroom JUST to pick up your passport - it's not worth risking your life for.

Absolutely. I've seen posts where people are suggesting passengers should have "planned ahead" with "emergency food" and "euros". Grab the life jacket and go.

Thats is a Carnival Corp and PLC press release, who do own Costa, and not a Carvival Cruise Lines press release, who are owned by Carnival Corp and PLC. As stated by the OP Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Costa

In any event, we can safely assume that the CEO from Carnival Cruise Lines would take a call from big daddy Carnival Corp telling him to expend available resources to get the Concordia survivors home safe.

Yeah and Bill Gates doesn't own all of Microsoft, he just controls it because he owns most of it. Carnival is laboring under the belief that it "owns" Costa according to this Carnival press release.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=387044&highlight=

And if you take the time to read the press release it is from Carnival Coroporation not Carnival cruise line.

This is like the Olive Garden and the Red Lobster under the same holding corporation Darden.

If you get food poisoning at the Red Lobster do you want the Olive Garden to make good?

OK, Carnival Corporation owns Costa. So what?

Because Carnival Cruise lines is NOT Carnival Corporation. If you want to blame Carnival Corporation for not doing more that may be appropriate but blaming a Carnival Cruise line is wrong. Why not blame Pricess or Holland America, they are in the same boat as Carnival Cruise lines, an independent subsidary of Carnival Corporation.

In any event, we can safely assume that the CEO from Carnival Cruise Lines would take a call from big daddy Carnival Corp telling him to expend available resources to get the Concordia survivors home safe.

NO we cannnot assume this. Why call Carnival cruise line instead of Princess or HAL?

You keep saying Carnival Cruise line when you mean Carnival Corporation BIG difference

What an absolutely stupid thread.

Does it really matter if it is Carnival Corp or Carnival Cruise line.

Do you think the injured really care who.

Ron

PS. This thread has confirmed a theory that I had long held in that IQ can go negative.

And if you take the time to read the press release it is from Carnival Coroporation not Carnival cruise line.

This is like the Olive Garden and the Red Lobster under the same holding corporation Darden.

If you get food poisoning at the Red Lobster do you want the Olive Garden to make good?

American Eagle flight goes down. Survivors need to get home. Should parent company AMR make them fly United or do you think AMR might utilize American Airlines resources to assist? The question is what is the parent company of Costa doing to marshall its cumulative resources to assist? Inquiring minds would like to know. The brand is Carnival. The good will of the customer base matters.

The financial sector is already calling it a "Carnival Cruise Ship". See Bloomberg below. Everything that is going wrong or right now will be dropped at Carnival's door. Their front office is full of fools if they don't realize that the Carnival brand is emeshed in this disaster. Red Lobster

and Olive Garden have different brands. One can poison its customers with no cross-impact to the other.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-15/carnival-cruise-ship-mishap-s-timing-at-peak-season-may-exacerbate-losses.html

Lets make this clear, Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa.

CARNIVAL CORPORATION is the holding company for Coata Cruise lines, Carnival Cruise lines, Princess, Cunard, Holland America, AIDA, Ibero, and Seaborn.

As far as money, passports, etc the American Embassey (U.S. citizens) will issue replacement passports, and lend money to get them all back home.

This is why it is recommended that a copy of passport is given to someone at home. It can be faxed to the embassey make it musch easier to get a repacenment

Better yet, post a copy of your passport into the "cloud"... i.e., scan it and upload it to a gmail or yahoo or similar email account... one that can be accessed from any computer in the world with an Internet connection.

H

I don't see people blaming Carnival the cruise line. I certainly don't but when a company by the name of Carnival Corporation owns all of the lines, you're going to see the name "Carnival" used a lot. Also Carnival was the original line that purchased all of the other lines so it stands that many are going to look at the name Carnival in a negative way. Just the way that it is.

I think everyone has an issue with Carnival CRUISE LINE taking flak and negative publicity for something it had nothing to do with. Carnival's FB page is full of people spewing how Carnival sucks, their safety sucks and never cruise with them again... is that fair to Carnival CRUISE LINE?

A line that has handled any incidents it has endured to the best of its abilities... I think not and I think that's what alot of other people think as well. There is a distinct difference between CCL and Carnival CORPORATION and the media needs to make that known instead of being lazy with reporting as usual.

Correct.

I agree. I am sure we have all tried to imagine what we would do if we were there. I was initially thinking there was a lot of time between the ship hitting the rocks and the evacuation-- leaving time to quickly retrieve documents, money, cell phone, warm clothes and meds. But it is entirely possible you could get stuck in the jam packed corridors and not be able to get to or from your cabin.

Not that it would have been a good decision but I feel sure I would have been one of those people who made a swim for it if it appeared I was not getting on a life boat. I am glad for the most part those that did swim made it to land.

I would expect the holding company, Darden to make good.

Archived