Adult Entertainment on Transatlantic

sssteele

DH and I are looking at TA on RCI, and we are wondering how the adult activities are for sea days as well as dancing and late night entertainment. Any information from previous TA cruisers will helpful. We are a 60 something, active, fun loving couple traveling without children. Love music and love to dance. Thanks.

They have lecturers, dance classes, trivia, among other things. Plenty to do if you are so inclined.

Can't tell you much about the night life as we usually turn in after the late show particularly if it is eastbound and we are losing an hour every night. Haven't heard any complaints about nothing to do as they schedule things.

We've done about ten of the TA's and never felt like we were twiddling our thumbs. I will say if you are a reader, bring your own books because their library stinks. As the cruise progresses, people leave their read books in the library so there is hope.

Tucker in Texas

When I read the title, I thought you were talking about a different kind of "adult" entertainment, lol! There are typically lots of activities planned for TAs, and like others have said, it's a wonderful time to catch up on reading, play some cards, whatever. I've never had a problem with being bored - only with running out of time!

We have done westbound transatlantics almost every year since 2002 and have never been at a loss for adult activities to do while onboard. In fact, our first TA was a seven night cruise from Harwich, UK to Boston with no ports of call and we were never bored. Port lectures, good entertainment, plenty of trivia and other contests, dance lessons, music and dancing in a number of different venues, along with the standard shows and celebrity headliners filled our days and nights. On westbound cruises the inclusion of 25 hour days during the crossing were an added benefit. Our most recent TAs have included several interesting and different ports of call and this year we will be visiting France, Ireland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland and Canada enroute to the US.

When I read the title, I thought you were talking about a different kind of "adult" entertainment, lol! There are typically lots of activities planned for TAs, and like others have said, it's a wonderful time to catch up on reading, play some cards, whatever. I've never had a problem with being bored - only with running out of time!

I did too!

LOL same here. I think that kind of entertainment would certainly have a dollar sign next to it.

I loved our 5 days at sea during our TA crossing on the Jewel. There were plenty of activities and the cruise director also put on special shows, like the officers vs the entertainment staff playing charades.

I did too!

LOL same here. I think that kind of entertainment would certainly have a dollar sign next to it.

I loved our 5 days at sea during our TA crossing on the Jewel. There were plenty of activities and the cruise director also put on special shows, like the officers vs the entertainment staff playing charades.

Make that four of us. ;) :D

And there are pay-movies on the cabin TV that are "adult entertainment". :D :D :D

Archived