FCC refund upon cancellation

ONT-CA

Unless I missed something on this board, when cancelling a cruise booking held with a FCC, the FCC value is refunded but now credited to your original credit card and no longer returned to your FCC holding account.

Several years ago, I cancelled a cruise and the money was refunded to my credit card (as a percentage of money refunded). I wished it would have gone back to my FCC bank.

This fall I cancelled a cruise (after final payment again) and a portion went back to the credit card and then the FCC went back into the FCC bank.

I have no clue if there is any consistency in this.

Unless I missed something on this board, when cancelling a cruise booking held with a FCC, the FCC value is refunded but now credited to your original credit card and no longer returned to your FCC holding account.

we cancelled a cruise using a FCC and it went straight back to my princess account to be used another time

As I understand it, the first cancellation goes back to your Princess account, to be used again. Upon the second cancellation it is refunded to your credit card and cannot be used a third time.

That has not been the case for me. The FCC I first referred to that was put back in our account was first applied to a med cruise for this September that we've replaced with a France Trip. It was then used for a coastal that we changed to Hawaii land trip..I just double checked and it's in my account to use again...yes I'm fickle ;)

we have found this does depend on when you cancel the cruise

for us if when we cancelled prior to final payment the fcc was put right back into our account to be used for another booking

one time we had to cancel a b2b cruise (two bookings two fcc) within a week and the other with 13 days, we lost 100% of the cruise, since the fcc was used to pay for a portion of the crusies we lost them both. We did have insurance and the total cost was reimbursed including the $100 deposit used when using the fcc.

We were saddened by this as we really wanted to rebook something but no longer had any fcc.

Our agent contacted Princess on our behalf and they said they would allow us to purchase two fcc because of the situation (mother's passing was reason for cancelling) and our loyalty at the time 24 cruises with princess. They made an exception which was appreciated and within a week of getting the fcc we booked new b2bs

Great customer service.

this has been our experience with cancelling.

We posted this situation as it had just occured and we wondered if there had been a change in the conditions of FCC use beginnning January 1st.

The FCC's were purchased last November while aboard a cruise. This is the first time we have had to cancell any cruise so it is not a case of double use.

We posted this situation as it had just occured and we wondered if there had been a change in the conditions of FCC use beginnning January 1st.

The FCC's were purchased last November while aboard a cruise. This is the first time we have had to cancell any cruise so it is not a case of double use.

I thought this was after final payment (thus my example). I have used FCCs repeatedly and cancelled cruises and they are always put back to be used later.

Archived