Weather in Baltic June/July

I was on the German Baltic coast for a week in early June '11. We had cool weather, but did manage one day sitting on the beach. Unfortunately we didn't go swimming as the sand had been shifted off the beach and it was all rocks. In Warnemunde the beach was beautiful.

I basically wore my walking sandals with capri pants and a windbreaker jacket. Only one day of rain and that wasn't for more than 2 hours and then it was beautiful. I would say the temps were in the mid 60's for the most part.

Just be sure you wear light layers, weather can be changeable. :) If you are looking more to July it will probably quite warm, so be flexible.

If anyone has been on a Baltic cruise in late June/early July, I'd appreciate your weather experience. I'll be there at that time of year in 2012. No, I'm not packing yet :) but am curious.

I would say that your time frame would put in the good weather, but like the weather anywhere, you just do not know. I would assume that the AM's would be cool and as the day goes on, it will warm up considerably. The Baltics aren't known for very warm weather, but there have been spots the past few years where it has gone into the 90's, so, as was said, the key is to dress in layers. You will not need any 'warm' clothes but a light jacket (waterproof if possible), maybe a sweatshirt and the rest summer clothes. Shorts are OK, but we found that many people jsut opt for jeans instead and GOOD WALKING SHOES are a must

We went in mid to late August and you could feel the chill of Autumn coming in the AM and the evenings, but late June and early July, you should have the best weather possible, but again, who really knows. We also had glorious sunshine just about every day with not more than a few sprinkles on one day, while others have rain for 2,3, 4 days, so you have to prepare. Just do not let rain spoil any of your fun. pack a small umbrella and off you go.

Cheers

Len

Well, unfortunately, we were there during the 90 degree weather in early July 2010. St. Petersburg was the worst because nothing was air conditioned except maybe the gift shops. The hot weather caught everyone on our cruise by surprise. Most of us had checked weather.com before we left and they were predicting high 70's to low 80's weather. So most everyone did not bring enough hot weather clothing. Heck, we are from Texas and we thought we were going to get out of heat for a couple weeks. Didn't turn out that way.

We still had a great time, though!

Karen

Well, unfortunately, we were there during the 90 degree weather in early July 2010. St. Petersburg was the worst because nothing was air conditioned except maybe the gift shops. The hot weather caught everyone on our cruise by surprise. Most of us had checked weather.com before we left and they were predicting high 70's to low 80's weather. So most everyone did not bring enough hot weather clothing. Heck, we are from Texas and we thought we were going to get out of heat for a couple weeks. Didn't turn out that way.

We still had a great time, though!

Karen

We had also checked weather.com before we went in August 2011. They predicted 89 - 90 degrees in both SPB & Helsinki. So...I unpacked most of my cool weather clothing and replaced it with warm/hot weather clothing. Both Helsinki & SPB were cool when we arrived (mid 60's). I was freezing by the time we reached Helsinki (particularly when outdoors aboard ship). :( Lesson learned! Pack for various weather conditions. :rolleyes:

Archived