Specialty Restaurants and Entertainment reservations already full? Really???

Erik101

We just booked on Allure of the Seas for May of this year...YAY!!! We're super excited about it! I attempted to book our dinner reservations for several of the specialty restaurants and also the entertainment through the Royal Caribbean website (pre-cruise planner). Denied!! I was told that reservations and entertainment were not available for my sailing. I did send an email inquiry to RCI as to why this is and awaiting a reply. I would like to know if anyone has similar issues or experience with the website's pre-cruise planner.

Honestly, I could care less about the entertainment since there will be plenty to do on the ship but it's hard for me to believe that ALL of the specialty restaurants are booked! Granted, it is a huge ship with lots of people! I've never had any issues booking a specialty restaurant in past cruises so I'm hoping that the Allure experience will not be any different. Still...we're excited...YAY!!! :D

We just booked on Allure of the Seas for May of this year...YAY!!! We're super excited about it! I attempted to book our dinner reservations for several of the specialty restaurants and also the entertainment through the Royal Caribbean website (pre-cruise planner). Denied!! I was told that reservations and entertainment were not available for my sailing. I did send an email inquiry to RCI as to why this is and awaiting a reply. I would like to know if anyone has similar issues or experience with the website's pre-cruise planner.

Honestly, I could care less about the entertainment since there will be plenty to do on the ship but it's hard for me to believe that ALL of the specialty restaurants are booked! Granted, it is a huge ship with lots of people! I've never had any issues booking a specialty restaurant in past cruises so I'm hoping that the Allure experience will not be any different. Still...we're excited...YAY!!! :D

Keep checking back; it may be too early to book the specialty restaurants. I also had to make sure I was not browsing with my usual Mozilla when the reservation mode became available, as the website seems to work better with Internet Explorer.

I am sure that others here may have additional, or maybe different advice.

Teddie

Is it too early? That seems kinda strange. You do need to see the shows! We saw the ones on Oasis and they were worth seeing. Especially the water and stage shows. If you can't book, call and ask why. There is always room for walk ins, but you are early. My guess is it will open up about 2 months before the cruise. Good Luck and have fun.

Keep checking back; it may be too early to book the specialty restaurants. I also had to make sure I was not browsing with my usual Mozilla when the reservation mode became available, as the website seems to work better with Internet Explorer.

I am sure that others here may have additional, or maybe different advice.

Teddie

They don't allow the restaurants to book to capacity pre-cruise; instead they offer a limited number of seats to be pre-booked. Remaining tables can be booked once onboard.

Need to clarify... you're getting a message that entertainment and dining reservations are not available? Or you're getting a message that the times or days you want to pick are not an option?

Odds are your cruise just isn't open yet for booking these things. You're just hitting 90 days which is about when mine opened up for dining only... shows opened up closer to 45 days out.

They aren't full...they simply haven't open yet;)

Need to clarify... you're getting a message that entertainment and dining reservations are not available? Or you're getting a message that the times or days you want to pick are not an option?

Odds are your cruise just isn't open yet for booking these things. You're just hitting 90 days which is about when mine opened up for dining only... shows opened up closer to 45 days out.

Hi Sherilyn! Thanks for your reply but as I said on my post, the message that I'm receiving is that my options are not available for my sailing. However, as you and others have mentioned (which I'm thankful for) is that the bookings are not open yet. Maybe this disclosure is written somewhere on the RCI website but I haven't found it. Again, thanks for replying! :)

I highly recommend the shows. I saw Chicago on Broadway and felt the Allure show was just as good. Blue Planet is really something to see and Oceanaria is amazing.

Thanks Steve! After the feedback that I've received, we're going to look into the shows! I've been to Vegas many times and have seen all the Cirque du Soleil shows in town. I imagine that there's a similarity with the shows on Allure! :)

Hi Sherilyn! Thanks for your reply but as I said on my post, the message that I'm receiving is that my options are not available for my sailing. However, as you and others have mentioned (which I'm thankful for) is that the bookings are not open yet. Maybe this disclosure is written somewhere on the RCI website but I haven't found it. Again, thanks for replying! :)

When it does open, even if the times you want are booked, don't let it get you upset. A certain percentage of tables are held for on board bookings. I've been told a couple times they hold 30% for on board.

Also, if you can't get in to all the restaurants you want, Giovanni's and Izumi are open for lunch and are excellent.

Not sure what disclosure you are talking about but as a frequest cruiser and sailed all ships with reserveration entertainment, those venues will not open for booking until 60 or 90 days out, it really can vary within that time period. So you are way TOO EARLY getting into a huff over this. And you don't care about the entertainment? That is why you sail the Allure - the shows are excellent and not to be missed. The specialty resturants do book up VERY early; so its best to keep checking back.

Not sure what disclosure you are talking about but as a frequest cruiser and sailed all ships with reserveration entertainment, those venues will not open for booking until 60 or 90 days out, it really can vary within that time period. So you are way TOO EARLY getting into a huff over this. And you don't care about the entertainment? That is why you sail the Allure - the shows are excellent and not to be missed. The specialty resturants do book up VERY early; so its best to keep checking back.

Thank you for your reply Linda! I am much at ease now since a lot of cruisers have given valuable info regarding the restaurants. Can you tell that I like food? :)

As for the entertainment, let me clarify by saying that I will take advantage of the entertainment that requires a reservation; however, if it is completely booked when we sail, it will not be a huge loss since there will be plenty of other entertainment on board. I was in the college program at Walt Disney World and guests would get so upset because It's A Small World or Space Mountain were being refurbished. These guests would allow those inconveniences to ruin their entire vacation and I don't plan on that happening to us on Allure because Chicago or OceanAria are "sold out." We can find other ways to have fun!

Btw, regarding the disclosures...I'm talking about the 10 to 20 pages of fine print that some people don't read. And I'm one of those people... :D

When it does open, even if the times you want are booked, don't let it get you upset. A certain percentage of tables are held for on board bookings. I've been told a couple times they hold 30% for on board.

Also, if you can't get in to all the restaurants you want, Giovanni's and Izumi are open for lunch and are excellent.

Thanks for your reply, Paul! I have read excellent reviews about Izumi and we'll definitely try it since I love Asian cuisine! Have you been to Portofino's? I'd like to get some compare/contrast info between the two restaurants.

I'm on the March 31 Oasis cruise and booked a couple of shows and a character breakfast yesterday....which would have been about 70 days out.

Thanks for your reply, Tred! We're very excited about it! May can't come soon enough! Enjoy your cruise! :D

Archived