What Paperwork Do You Take With You?

As I'm looking through my "cruise" folder, I wonder what paperwork other cruisers bring. Tell me if this is too much--or am I missing something?

I have:

1. paid in full reicept from TA (with my onboard credit)

2. Sailaway pass signed

3. copies of Passport

4. copies of travelers insurance

5. copies of excursions (Bernards)

6. hotel reservations

7. flight reservations

did you make any reservations online? shows or specialty dining? because I take those too.also if you purchased anything for your room, like wine or soda package.

I have not booked anything special. We are getting quite a bit of OBC. I will wait until we board to order everything. I did reserve the ice skating and Character Breakfast.

OP, you sound like me. In fact, I laughed when I saw your post because I always joke about me being too prepared. In fact, I bought a 1" binder from the dollar store and some of those plastic pocket pages that go into it. I have our passports, luggage tags, and every piece of paper that has anything to do with the cruise. Is it too much? Probably. But I just liketo be ready for anything.

OP, you sound like me. In fact, I laughed when I saw your post because I always joke about me being too prepared. In fact, I bought a 1" binder from the dollar store and some of those plastic pocket pages that go into it. I have our passports, luggage tags, and every piece of paper that has anything to do with the cruise. Is it too much? Probably. But I just liketo be ready for anything.

I have a 7 pocket folder that I keep everything in. First page is passport photos and flight info and so on.

I keep compasses and all the things I collect along the way.

I have one for every trip taken.

I also take my take my travel agents number and credit card info.

I have not booked anything special. We are getting quite a bit of OBC. I will wait until we board to order everything. I did reserve the ice skating and Character Breakfast.

I would take copies of the confirmation. also you should reserve all the shows. those with a reservation get in as soon as the doors open, those without, have to wait until 15 minutes before the show starts to find a seat. Trust me they follow those rules. make your reservations and take a copy. You will NOT get tickets, the reservations are supposed to be on your seapass card, they scan them when you enter. But you should reserve and if you don't go then don't worry about it. But if you do, then you will be happy that you made them. :)

I have essentially eliminated my cruise folder this trip...if you're taking an iPad or iPhone you can save all your documents to pdf's I your iBooks (so they're available without internet access) and eliminate all the paper...only thing I have printed is my set sail pass :)

I have essentially eliminated my cruise folder this trip...if you're taking an iPad or iPhone you can save all your documents to pdf's I your iBooks (so they're available without internet access) and eliminate all the paper...only thing I have printed is my set sail pass :)

Good to know! Will be doing this with all my confirmations on my iPhone.

As I'm looking through my "cruise" folder, I wonder what paperwork other cruisers bring. Tell me if this is too much--or am I missing something?

I have:

1. paid in full reicept from TA (with my onboard credit)

2. Sailaway pass signed

3. copies of Passport

4. copies of travelers insurance

5. copies of excursions (Bernards)

6. hotel reservations

7. flight reservations

A copy will not get you onboard the ship. You will need the actual passport (or birth certificate + photo ID)

This is exactly what I did. I like being prepared. I don't cruise till may but as I make reservation, like cruise, hotel, parking, ect... I print copies and place in binder. I also stuck some notebook paper in it to jot down quick notes while I'm online. :D

I scan copies of my documents to my email account. Passport, DL, cc front and back.

Also take a copy of any OBC you may have gotten and any documents to verify military discounts or occupational discounts. They have never asked for them, but, it's and easy thing to have them.

I store every thing mentioned in hard copy and scan and store copies and email receipts etc in my google email folders or google docs which can be accessed/ printed from any where there is a computer and printer.

I have a 7 pocket folder that I keep everything in. First page is passport photos and flight info and so on.

I keep compasses and all the things I collect along the way.

I have one for every trip taken.

I also take my take my travel agents number and credit card info.

Where did youget your folder.

I actually mail my credit card info; customer service numbers to myself. Then have a electronic pdf of my passport sent to myself as well

A copy will not get you onboard the ship. You will need the actual passport (or birth certificate + photo ID)

Exactly! I take actual passport off the ship with me but leave a copy in the safe. Have seen people try and get back on with a copy when they ask for ID along with SeaPass. It isn't a very smooth enterance back on.

Where did youget your folder.

I actually mail my credit card info; customer service numbers to myself. Then have a electronic pdf of my passport sent to myself as well

I have gotten them at Walmart and Big Lots.

In addition to the 7 folders there are also 7 closable pockets to keep the small receipts.

Archived