Aft Balconies on Millenium class

NorthCarolinaBelle

We are hoping to book our next cruise while on Summit in a few weeks. In the past, we loved having an aft balcony on Enchantment of the Seas and wondered if there were any afts that were better than others, or if there are some to avoid. I would not like having people be able to look down and "spy" on me while I'm napping with my mouth open, for example.:eek:

We are hoping to book our next cruise while on Summit in a few weeks. In the past, we loved having an aft balcony on Enchantment of the Seas and wondered if there were any afts that were better than others, or if there are some to avoid. I would not like having people be able to look down and "spy" on me while I'm napping with my mouth open, for example.:eek:

The afts on M class ships are either C1 or family verhanda cabins. The balconies are 10 ft by 20 ft. They are covered with only the last 3rd with no cover. They are on deck 7 through 9. I would not book one on deck 9 as the aft bar is right above and chairs can be scraped on the deck early in the morning and late at night. Also this is a smoking area on the ship so if you are sensitive to smoke it could be a problem. this being said the C1s on deck 7 are my favorites.

Pat

The afts on M class ships are either C1 or family verhanda cabins. The balconies are 10 ft by 20 ft. They are covered with only the last 3rd with no cover. They are on deck 7 through 9. I would not book one on deck 9 as the aft bar is right above and chairs can be scraped on the deck early in the morning and late at night. Also this is a smoking area on the ship so if you are sensitive to smoke it could be a problem. this being said the C1s on deck 7 are my favorites.

Pat

Thank you, Pat! A few questions: What do you mean by "the last 3rd?" Do you mean 2/3rds of the balcony is covered and 1/3 by the rail is not? And am I understanding correctly that the smoking area is at the aft bar on Deck 10? We are extremely sensitive to smoke. Thanks for your patience!

Here is a picture of our balcony on deck 7. We had a pirate birthday party for 20 people out there. I hope you can see how covered it is. If you don't hang out at the end, no one can look down on you.

2482752300105526181S600x600Q85.jpg

Pat

This last shot doesn't even cover the whole balcony. It comes with a full height table with two chairs and two lounge chairs. It is a wonderful balcony. We spend alot of time out there just looking at the wake of the boat. It is so relaxing.

Pat

Wow! I am SOLD! You said Deck 7 was your favorite, but is there any certain cabin you like? I'm sorry for so many questions...:o

Never think you have to say your sorry for asking questions. That is what cruise critic is for. You get a world of info on this site and once you learn you pass it on. Here is a pic of the back of the ship.

2896273350105526181S600x600Q85.jpg

The cabins in the middle 9164, 8176, and 7212 are handicap cabins and their balconies are enormous. The two cabins on each side of the back are family staterooms. Hope this helps to make up your mind.

Pat

I know this thread is about Aft cabins but thought some of you might be able to help me. We're new to Celebrity and will be sailing on Millennium. We're looking at Aqua cabins on deck 9 and have seen hear that the supports can block your views. The Ocean Grill has bump in/bumped out areas. Are there any pics, like the great aft picture with cabin numbers RodPat posted, for this area of M class ships? Would also like to know more about the forward area of deck 9 and obstructions.

Had the corner aft (FV) cabin deck 8 on Mille several years ago.... BEST cabin(other than GS on RCI as upgrade) of all of my cruises. There were 3 adults in the room and we had the balcony that allowed us to look out the side as well as the back. It was HUGE. The room itself was great with 2 TVs and the slidding door for privacy. Would book again in an instant.

Tina

I'd take an aft balcony on 9 in a heartbeat! Our experience was not a lot of noise or smoke at all...and so easy to run up for a drink or a snack to bring back to your fab balcony.

Thanks for saying that.We have 9162 and wanted deck 9 for the ease of getting a drink or snack.Glad you liked it.Noise doesn't bother me-early morning it just is my wakeup call.!

Laura

I'd take an aft balcony on 9 in a heartbeat! Our experience was not a lot of noise or smoke at all...and so easy to run up for a drink or a snack to bring back to your fab balcony.

We had a friend who had an aft on 9 and she hated the noise from above so they gave her an inside to sleep in and she was able to keep her aft cabin for the daytime. I should tell you she was a lawyer so she may have made a big fuss and that was the easiest to settle her down. We have never had an aft cabin that wasn't on deck 7 so I can't say first hand on the noise but the smoke might just bother me if I was on the side where people could smoke.

Pat

Thanks for saying that.We have 9162 and wanted deck 9 for the ease of getting a drink or snack.Glad you liked it.Noise doesn't bother me-early morning it just is my wakeup call.!

Laura

You should be fine in 9162. The smoking section is on the Port side. I've seen people with their cigarettes and cigars leaning over the rail and flicking their ashes below.

There's no ladder from back aft directly up to the Oceanview cafe/bar. You have to walk down the hall to the aft elevators/stairs to get up there. It's convenient, but not direct shot.

Laura

We have been in 9162 on, i think 3 cruises..to Alaska, the Med and one other time. We are booked in her for our aniversay cruise this Friday ( on Milli), and also booked her for our New England cruise in October (on Summit). We love it....and yes, you can sometimes hear the music from above when we sail away from ports...its lovely. No smoke issues or other noise issues on any of those cruises so i think you will be fine! Ask for a nice table cloth and you can have nice breakfasts and very romantic dinners on your balcony. Enjoy.

We have been in 9162 on, i think 3 cruises..to Alaska, the Med and one other time. We are booked in her for our aniversay cruise this Friday ( on Milli), and also booked her for our New England cruise in October (on Summit). We love it....and yes, you can sometimes hear the music from above when we sail away from ports...its lovely. No smoke issues or other noise issues on any of those cruises so i think you will be fine! Ask for a nice table cloth and you can have nice breakfasts and very romantic dinners on your balcony. Enjoy.

Thanks.I will ask for a nice table cloth.We plan to be eating alot of breakfasts on our balcony and maybe a couple of dinners too.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Mille last week in cabin 9162. And this time I paid attention to noise. And yes, I did hear some chair moving above us in the am. I guess I was just never paying that much attention before. But in no way did it bother us. And no smoke smell at all. And enjoyed the 'sail away' music.

The room was in great shape. Maria, our steward, was perfect.

Thanks RodPat. We will be in 7206 in September and I really didn't know what it looks like. Your picture is a great help.

Myrna

We are in the same cabin this March. I will take pictures for you and remember to post to this thread when we get back if you'd like?

If that is your first balcony, you will be forever spoiled with 7206 ;)

TO KOOL FOR KATZ,

Glad to hear... as I've got that cabin booked as well !!

Thanks so much for posting the pic. I also got 7206 on the Summit 1/2013. This makes us so excited. It's our first balcony. :)

TO WEEZA,

Lol wonder which of us will have her first (I am also sailing on the Summit in # 7206 in January 2013) ... promise if it is I... that I will take good care of her for you.

:)

Cheers!

Archived