Late Flight Home

beachfanatic

Rent a car, stash the bags in the trunk, and go where you want - beach, lunch, movies, dinner, etc.

You might get lucky with a day room or an early check-in at a hotel, but it is difficult to reserve these ahead of time. Good luck! :)

What do people do for the day if they have a really late flight home? Would like to go to a pool somewhere til 9:00 pm flight? Wondering what other people do? besides stay at airport all day.

I'd book a day room at a nice airport hotel and spend the day poolside and then catch their shuttle to the airport.

If that is too boring, I second JohnDC's advice.

Also, what city?

Rent a car and drive to Everglades National Park. Admission is only $10 per car. Royal Palm or Shark Valley areas are both within an hour of FLL

(in slightly different directions). There are also air boat rides even closer - check other threads.

I booked a Day rate with Rodeway Inn it is about 10 minutes from the airport. They have a free shuttle from airport to the hotel. We got it for $50.00. We did wind up cancelling and rented a car for 48.00 from Dollar and we drove to FT Lauderdale Beach and them dorve to Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise. We were busy the whole day and we had a 8:40pm flight.

Good Luck!

Here is there number 954-792-8181.

Archived