Bon Voyage Experience on Princess?

BGarbo

Hello!

Has anyone ever participated in the Bon Voyage Experience offered by Princess? It's 39.00 a person and you can invite family/friends on board 4 hours prior to leaving. You get lunch, wine, a tour, photos, etc. It sounds pretty fun and would be perfect as my sister and her husband are dropping us off to our cruise.

Just curious if anyone else has done this...and if it's worth it.

Thanks!

Jenovia

We just did this last Sunday with one person (my step kid's mother.) It was wonderful. We were the first passengers to board the ship.

The photo was cute and lunch was wonderful. All us adults got wine.

We opted out of the tour and went around ourselves. (We've been on the Ruby before.)

We'd definitely do it again.

We have done it a couple of times. It is well worth the $39. One bonus is that you can buy an FCC while onboard. Also if you book a cruise within 90 days of taking the BVE, the $39 will be deducted off the price of the cruise.

You must have it booked at least 7 days prior to departure and they do limit the number that can participate so book early. :)

How do you book a Bon Voyage Experience? I can't seem to find any info on this on the Princess website!

Do you board with a BVE Group? Or do you still go through the regular boarding procedure and meet onboard somewhere?

Thank in advance for any info you can share with us.

Pat :)

How do you book a Bon Voyage Experience? I can't seem to find any info on this on the Princess website!

Do you board with a BVE Group? Or do you still go through the regular boarding procedure and meet onboard somewhere?

Book the BVE through your travel agent.

The BVE group boards at once, about an hour before everyone else.

You're welcome! Enjoy.

Anyone can take part in the BVE. You don't have to know anyone on the sailing. Just call the 1-800-PRINCESS to reserve. If you are cruising and bringing friends on the BVE, you will all get to board at the same time. BVE guests board before suite and elites. There will be a separate waiting area for BVE guests and about 1/2 hr before boarding the Captain Circle host will come speak to everyone then bring you onboard.

Thanks for the all the info! Sounds like it's all worth it.

I do have one more question. My two guests that are coming aboard, what sort of process do they have to go through to get on? Customs? Do they need ID, passport, etc? I'm not sure if my brother in law has a passport so I'm worried.

Thanks Again!

Jenovia

Our guest had to fill out the same documents as we all do online in the cruise personalizer, including attaching a credit card.

All she needed to board was her driver's license and an official birth certificate.

There was slight confusion when she was checking out around 2:55 p.m. The crew member scanned her card and told her she needed to be back in 5 minutes! She said, "I'm not cruising," and he was confused. (I wonder why it wasn't noted on his little screen that she was just visiting.)

Just to clarify...

We are already booked for the cruise but wish to treat a friend to the Bon Voyage Experience.

Do "we" have to pay the $39 BVE fee too to go on this tour??

Do "we" go through the "regular" boarding procedure and our friend goes with the BVE group?

Do do we all go together and will "we" receive our Seapass's this way?

OR

Do we just board like we usually do and meet our friend onboard with the BVE group to do the tour?

Hopefully someone could clarify the proper procedure for above... we'd really appreciate it.

We paid for the kid's mother, but your friends can book themselves, too. They'd just have to link their booking to yours.

All five of us (four cruisers and one guest) boarded at the same time, before anyone else boarded. We were seated in a different row of chairs, but same room, with the elites, while waiting to board.

Just to clarify...

We are already booked for the cruise but wish to treat a friend to the Bon Voyage Experience.

Do "we" have to pay the $39 BVE fee too to go on this tour?? No

Do "we" go through the "regular" boarding procedure and our friend goes with the BVE group? You will board with your friends and will be the first to board. Be sure to have checked in by the time they tell your friends to be do so. You may need to ask how to bypass the wait for regular checkin and ask where the BVE participants check in.

Do do we all go together and will "we" receive our Seapass's this way? You do not have to check in together, but you will need to board together,

OR

Do we just board like we usually do and meet our friend onboard with the BVE group to do the tour?

Hopefully someone could clarify the proper procedure for above... we'd really appreciate it.

see above in red

Thanks for the Bon Voyage Experience info so far.

After reading some of the Review threads here on CC... there seems to be some different experiences with the Bon Voyage Experience. I guess it depends on the ship...some more organized then others!

Anyone else want to share their BVE experience with us?

We have done the BVE twice with family. Our grandkids love it - they get to have a nice lunch followed by a swim (if it is warm enough). They feel like they have had a special treat, and the adults enjoy seeing the ship and enjoy the kids. It is a great way to introduce others to cruising - some like it - some do not.

Mary

Wait, so do only the visiting guests (non-cruisers) have to pay the 39.00 fee? I thought that I would have to pay as well, seeing that the cost covers lunch, photos, etc. If it's only my visiting guests that's an even better deal!

Thanks!

Jenovia

Wait, so do only the visiting guests (non-cruisers) have to pay the 39.00 fee? I thought that I would have to pay as well, seeing that the cost covers lunch, photos, etc. If it's only my visiting guests that's an even better deal!

Thanks!

Jenovia

If you are on the sailing you do not have to pay for the BVE, only the guests who will be departing before sailaway do. You will not get a free glass of wine at lunch like the BVE participants will, but that is about it. The BVE folks will get a free embarcation photo before they leave the ship and you will have to pay for yours if you want it. The dining room staff know the BVE folks because they will be wearing a tag that says "Bon Voyage"

Anyone know if this is available from Vancouver?

I asked about the Island Princess out of Vancouver and they said it was not. Maybe you will get a different answer. I think it is something to do with clearing immigration and customs.

My Bon Voyage Experience is booked for my sister and brother-in-law! I did only pay for the two of them, not myself and Jesse who are already cruising. A couple things I learned from the awesome Princess employee on the phone...

*BVE passengers do NOT have to have a passport or Birth Certificate, but they do have to have a driver's license or state issued ID.

* You get to board at 11am, before EVERYONE else!! So worth it!

* Price includes guided tour, 4-course meal, glass of wine, and photos. The 39.00 dollars can be deducted from their cruise price if they choose to book in 90 days. (I'm thinking this BVE is mostly a chance for Princess to hook new customers, but I'm okay with them trying)

* They treat the BVE booking as a real booking. You can book over the phone at Princess but you'll need your guests full legal name, addresses, D.O.B., email, and emergency contacts, and a credit card (only if they want to purchase anything extra while on the ship). They will email a boarding pass for the BVE experience.

Hope some of this information helps anyone else interested! I'm really excited to have this opportunity. I figure it's a fun treat for my sister and brother-in-law since they're driving all the way from Las Vegas! This way they get to experience a little pampering too!

Jenovia

My Bon Voyage Experience is booked for my sister and brother-in-law! I did only pay for the two of them, not myself and Jesse who are already cruising. A couple things I learned from the awesome Princess employee on the phone...

*BVE passengers do NOT have to have a passport or Birth Certificate, but they do have to have a driver's license or state issued ID.

* You get to board at 11am, before EVERYONE else!! So worth it!

* Price includes guided tour, 4-course meal, glass of wine, and photos. The 39.00 dollars can be deducted from their cruise price if they choose to book in 90 days. (I'm thinking this BVE is mostly a chance for Princess to hook new customers, but I'm okay with them trying)

* They treat the BVE booking as a real booking. You can book over the phone at Princess but you'll need your guests full legal name, addresses, D.O.B., email, and emergency contacts, and a credit card (only if they want to purchase anything extra while on the ship). They will email a boarding pass for the BVE experience.

Hope some of this information helps anyone else interested! I'm really excited to have this opportunity. I figure it's a fun treat for my sister and brother-in-law since they're driving all the way from Las Vegas! This way they get to experience a little pampering too!

Jenovia

Where are you sailing from?

Archived