Cabin under Windjammer?

cwnhokie

We booked last night on the Liberty of the Seas. This will be our kids first cruise. I was looking at the deck plans last night and it looks like we are under the Windjammer Cafe, is this a problem with noise? Thanks!

We booked last night on the Liberty of the Seas. This will be our kids first cruise. I was looking at the deck plans last night and it looks like we are under the Windjammer Cafe, is this a problem with noise? Thanks!
is no its not a noise problem...K.O. Near Philly:)

Given the two replies above saying no noise, we would never book a cabin under a nightclub, pool deck, Windjammer, etc. We always book between two decks of cabins. We feel it cuts down on the possibility of noise, although anyone can have noisy neighbors. IMO, why would you book right under the WJ? I don't get it, sorry. I've read reports here of crates being dragged across the floor, crew cleaning, setting up in the early morning hours, etc. I'm not trying to be a pain, but honestly, I would never book that cabin. If you can get out, I think you should try.

Obviously, this is JMHO, and you did ask. :) Have fun, though. Liberty is fabulous.

We booked a JS under the windjammer on Majesty, since they only had the one deck of JS's and the only way to get a balcony was with a JS or up. On Majesty, you either can book your suite under the Windjammer or under a nightclub. We found under the Winjammer quiet! Didn't notice the crates being dragged across the ceiling, but we usually were up and out for breakfast. By contrast, our first cruise was booked on Sovereign, and again a JS, under a nightclub, and talk about noisy! If you can, it's best to put at least one deck between you and the party deck! We usually go for deck 9 near the hump. But we did a suite on the Sapphire Princess in the very back of the ship. Going to Hawaii, we got to see sunrises on the way out, and sunsets on the way back! Something to consider with a west/east itinerary.

Given the two replies above saying no noise, we would never book a cabin under a nightclub, pool deck, Windjammer, etc. We always book between two decks of cabins. We feel it cuts down on the possibility of noise, although anyone can have noisy neighbors. IMO, why would you book right under the WJ? I don't get it, sorry. I've read reports here of crates being dragged across the floor, crew cleaning, setting up in the early morning hours, etc. I'm not trying to be a pain, but honestly, I would never book that cabin. If you can get out, I think you should try.

Obviously, this is JMHO, and you did ask. :) Have fun, though. Liberty is fabulous.

The aft cabins on the Voyager class and Freedom class are under a carpeted part of the WJ so there does not tend to be noise from cleaning crews dragging things around. On the ships like the Radiance class, that have an outdoor section of the WJ, there can be noise because of things being dragged across the deck.

Archived