Explorer delayed arrival

megr1125

I wonder if they are asking us to not start boarding until 2:00, if they need to "scurb" the ship? Berhaps it's some sort of bug going around?

Who knows.. Extra day in NYC woo hoo!:cool:

(would rather be on the boat.. but oh well.)

someone posted above you that is it due to other cruises at port??

I also am on the next EOS sailing and have received no info from RCCL....no e-mail OR phone calls. Just found out from someone else on the sailing that let me know they were relayed the news from RCCL.

24-hour delay?....for a medical emergency? Hope it isn't a noro-virus outbreak and they need an entire day to disinfect the entire ship.

I also am on the next EOS sailing and have received no info from RCCL....no e-mail OR phone calls. Just found out from someone else on the sailing that let me know they were relayed the news from RCCL.

24-hour delay?....for a medical emergency? Hope it isn't a noro-virus outbreak and they need an entire day to disinfect the entire ship.

oh god I hope not. Too bad there isn't an easy way to drive by and see if the ship is there Friday. Wonder if anyone from CC is on the sailing.

oh god I hope not. Too bad there isn't an easy way to drive by and see if the ship is there Friday. Wonder if anyone from CC is on the sailing.

yes..empressofpurple is on now and she's been posting a daily blog....

the ship will not arrive until saturday...per the announcement on RC's website...

I have the Explorer of the Seas on Sailwx.info website calling in at (2200 UTC) 5pm New York Time 1/24 her position was est at 800 nautical miles so east east of Miami heading North north west at 18 knots. Move that along 20 hours at 18 knots and she is now in the middle of nowhere A day and half sailing to any port or a days sailingto a position from which a helicopter can attempt a medical evacuation. Thats my take on it

Empress has posted 2 separate medical emergency, they have turned toward san juan and a USCG helicopter en route to meet shop and perform air lift off forwarddeck, she did mention a new captain as well...hope all is well with the patients

Looks like there is a new Captain then.. perhaps it is the Captain who is one of the people who has been taken ill?

I have never heard of having a new Captain part way through a sailing... (in my limited cruising experience)

I just hope the two people will be OK.

Looks like there is a new Captain then.. perhaps it is the Captain who is one of the people who has been taken ill?

I have never heard of having a new Captain part way through a sailing... (in my limited cruising experience)

I just hope the two people will be OK.

we once had 3....

though they changed in ports...after the prop incident on EX a few years ago....we had the 1 who was on when it happened, a fill in for a couple days, and the regular master, captain Ryan who i think came back from vacation a couple days early and caught up with us at Saint Somewhere..

I was on a ship once where the captain passed away midway through the cruise and a new one was airlifted in.

Best wishes to those who are injured.

If anyone hears what they are doing for compensation for those on the next cruise, please keep all in the loop...

Typically the onboard nurse does not get airlifted along with the patient. This leads me to believe its a crew member. Sure hope it's not the captain. We has a Coast Guard rescue on our NCL Gem cruise last year. What an amazing operation it is. Hope whoever it is getting airlifted off EOS is Ok.

I called, and called. The cruise will be shortened by a day. We will be compensated in some way but will get that information at Cape Liberty along with our new itinerary that will more than likely "be skipping a port of call", which one they did not mention. Also, I asked about packages such as drinks ect that were pre purchased and how we would get that compensated they said they didn't know. I then asked if they can disclose to me the medical emergency, and she said it will be posted on your reservation eventually the full details. They didn't even know at the point when I called. We are all in this together people! =) Typical medical emergency's such as heart attacks, surgery being needed, people are air lifted, I am assuming they need to disinfect the entire ship because somebody decided not to mention that they were ill, didn't get quarenteined and now a large amount of the employees or passengers are sick where a full disenfection is needed. Maybe Bed bugs!?? Who knows...ugh I hope whoever it is is ok, however I think because it is delayed for so long they need to disinfect the entire ship.

Archived