Ncl needs a spokesperson!

vols_159

I think NCL needs a social media Rep Like Carnival has with John Heald..

Ive never been on Carnival But I do follow John on Facebook and read his blog from time to time.. I sure do wish NCL had someone like Him on Facebook..

ECT. the face of the company

I agree!

I only sailed CCL once (and was very disappointed) but follow him on FB and read his blog frequently.

He really is the voice of CCL. It would appear to me that based on comments, complaints and accolades on his FB page he is able to really make an impact for their cruisers.

It would be great of NCL started something similar

I agree!

I only sailed CCL once (and was very disappointed) but follow him on FB and read his blog frequently.

He really is the voice of CCL. It would appear to me that based on comments, complaints and accolades on his FB page he is able to really make an impact for their cruisers.

It would be great of NCL started something similar

Did you see the complaint today??

Some nfl got mad because CCL they observed a moment of silence b4 the game started..

Did you see the complaint today??

Some nfl got mad because CCL they observed a moment of silence b4 the game started..

I did see that and thought it was disgusting. Hope that person and their family never has to suffer through a tragedy like that. What a jerk:mad:

I agree! We sailed with CCL in October. I had started following his blog and facebook page back last January. I had a few ?'s that he answered right away and he left us chocolate covered strawberries. We were very surprised! NCL is our cruiseline of choice but I do follow John's blog. It can be very interesting!

I think NCL needs a social media Rep Like Carnival has with John Heald..

Ive never been on Carnival But I do follow John on Facebook and read his blog from time to time.. I sure do wish NCL had someone like Him on Facebook..

ECT. the face of the company

:eek:

ummmm.....

I'd have to vote no on that one.

I have to agree with you!

That whole cult thing is just ... :eek:

I'll third that! :eek: I never understood that whole set up.

I much prefer seeing NCL's infrequent, well-placed, and accurate posts. Leaves little to no room for speculation, errors, misunderstandings, and hurt feelings.

:eek:

ummmm.....

I'd have to vote no on that one.

i have to 4th this if i counted correctly.

he doesn't know the line he should not cross over. look at him putting the football guy out there for all to attack said person. and he does this quite frequently calling out ccl posters just because their opinion is different.

i'm happy the someone representing ncl posts right here on this page when needed!

I'll 5th the "NO" to a John Heald-like personality for NCL. I do enjoy his blog and the Q&A but do not care for the craziness that comes with it. I also agree with H82seaUgo that JH needs to set clearer and better boundaries. He could save himself (and many of his fans) a lot of aggravation that way.

If NCL can set up something like what JH does, but that is reigned in a lot more and doesn't allow for that crazy hive mind thing to happen, it could work. That's a tough balance to achieve, without people tuning out because they see it as "too corporate."

I only read his blog for the questions people ask and his answers, I don't particularly care for his style that much.

did you see the clan dragging that poor girl through the mud that had the person enter her room with the key? it's outright disgusting!

did you see the clan dragging that poor girl through the mud that had the person enter her room with the key? it's outright disgusting!

I don't follow it much on the other site not to be named (I don't do a lot on that site to begin with). I read through the blog and sometimes read the comments there. From what I've seen your discription doesn't surprise me.

:mad:

Because I just read your post, I made the mistake of going to fb and reading...

It is unbelievable to me that the man would allow the bashing of that woman (and the people who defended her for just wanting the address to inform CCL of what happened) to continue on his page.

There are a few there (and one in particular on the carnival boards) who have even accused this woman of wanting attention. Their reasons to think this are because they read her review with the link to her photos and because she is built a certain way, they judge her as wanting attention.

I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere America in the 1920's with attitudes like that.

Astounding....

I get the mob mentality that his followers have, but I will never understand a man in his position allowing and promoting/encouraging it.

I hope after he sees what the woman's complaint is and recognizes it as something easily remedied that he deletes that entire fb conversation on it. I would like to see him put some of those followers of his in their place for being so utterly callous and judgmental too, but that isn't ever going to happen.

So, do I want a JH person for NCL???

No way...no way in he11.

I'm sure this post will self destruct in 20 seconds because mine have been marked for constant scrutiny and have been deleted all day....

People can bash, trash and humiliate this cruise critic member all day and their posts remain...if I express dismay with JH, the posts disappear.....

It is unbelievable to me that the man would allow the bashing of that woman (and the people who defended her for just wanting the address to inform CCL of what happened) to continue on his page.

There are a few there (and one in particular on the carnival boards) who have even accused this woman of wanting attention. Their reasons to think this are because they read her review with the link to her photos and because she is built a certain way, they judge her as wanting attention.

I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere America in the 1920's with attitudes like that.

Astounding....

I get the mob mentality that his followers have, but I will never understand a man in his position allowing and promoting/encouraging it.

I hope after he sees what the woman's complaint is and recognizes it as something easily remedied that he deletes that entire fb conversation on it. I would like to see him put some of those followers of his in their place for being so utterly callous and judgmental too, but that isn't ever going to happen.

No way...no way in he11.

I'm sure this post will self destruct in 20 seconds because mine have been marked for constant scrutiny and have been deleted all day....

People can bash, trash and humiliate this cruise critic member all day and their posts remain...if I express dismay with JH, the posts disappear.....

probably an oversight on your part but you forgot to mention that Heald offered his help and from what I read the OP is very happy and thankful. He doesnt moderate his page and remove nasty comments in the same way that the moderaters here dont remove the vindictive comments you and others make about him. If you are going to tell a story, tell the whole tale

Ok, well my post on the other thread about this topic was zapped for some reason. All I had asked is why it seems JH is not a fan of cruisecritic...can someone explain why?

probably an oversight on your part but you forgot to mention that Heald offered his help and from what I read the OP is very happy and thankful. He doesnt moderate his page and remove nasty comments in the same way that the moderaters here dont remove the vindictive comments you and others make about him. If you are going to tell a story, tell the whole tale

I don't know why...I have seen your posts the last couple days and they seemed reasonable to me.

I total agree with you on the thread mentioned, some folks on there were way out of line. I hope the OP's letter gets the attention it deserves.

Astounding....

No way...no way in he11.

You know what Alan, you are right, he is helping her and I should have mentioned that.

However the comments on his facebook which he is totally able to delete (it's HIS facebook page) were still there the last time I looked. The insults to that woman are awful. I still hope he deletes them.

As for helping her, he doesn't have to help her, (although I am happy he is!!) all he has to do is get word to the beards that it may be time to tell the crew they need to knock before entering a cabin.

She could have done this herself...she wanted to do this herself and this is why she posted the question here on CC asking for corporate's address.

Someone ELSE brought this to Heald's attention....like everything else from CC is brought to Heald's attention...by people who don't know to just leave CC postings on CC.

I urge you to find anything I have said that is vindictive about this man.

I have an entire post history you can sort through.

The only thing I have ever said negative about him and will continue to repeat is that he does nothing to stop this back and forth stuff and infact, encourages it.

You also are a HUGE offender when it comes to this stuff.

His NOT saying anything to the 'fans' of his that totally berated and trashed this woman are just more of the same.

He needs to step up and stop the insanity because as long as he accepts it, it will continue. he is supposed to represent Carnival. I, for the life of me do not understand how they allow it all to continue.

wow didnt know i started a thread about john heald.. I was just saying.. NCl needs someone in the spot light telling paxs about each and every ship.. Somebody to be the face of the company I was not suggesting NCL hire Jon Heald away from CCL... They just need there own guy.. or Gal

wow didnt know i started a thread about john heald.. I was just saying.. NCl needs someone in the spot light telling paxs about each and every ship.. Somebody to be the face of the company I was not suggesting NCL hire Jon Heald away from CCL... They just need there own guy.. or Gal

:) LOL...I know what you meant.

I just think, if it ain't broke, there is no need to fix it.

NCL looks over these boards and chimes in when they need to. They don't need a brand ambassador. They are fine just the way they are :)

Their product IS the spotlight.

Archived