Carrying food tray from HC Buffet.

Raisin70

My hubby will request a tray as he likes to make a tray up for my daughter and me for sea days.

What a nice guy you married! Clearly, I haven't done as well training my DH as well as you have. He does get me coffee, which is probably the most important thing in the morning.

Seems that staff offer mixed messages on what to do with the tray of dirty dishes ... Princess ought to put a little note on the front page of the daily reminding people to leave the trayful in their cabin and not put it in the hall due to safety concerns. Or, at the very least, a little note on the room service tray would be helpful. A consistent message should clear up any confusion.

Ditto about leaving the dirty trays in the hall. It is one of my major pet peeves! :cool: Great idea about hiding a tray in your cabin. We always hide a coffee pot (from a room service delivery) for the last morning. DH will go up to the lido and bring back a pot of coffee. :rolleyes:

Is the coffee pot they deliver to the room a metal insulated one? How many cups?

I never took notice.

There are two sizes; one holds 4, the other 8.

Are they insulated or just a plain steel coffee pot? The reason I ask is that next cruise we'll be a long way from the buffet & I usually get coffee for my wife early in the morning & was wondering if it would as least stay warm till she gets out of bed.

I read somewhere on this forum, what I thought might be a good suggestion- if transporting food from buffet to cabin, use a clean, unused shower cap to cover plate- avoiding dropping anything in the hallways ! :)

:mad: No doubt someone will object or make a nasty comment !!!! :mad:

Are they insulated or just a plain steel coffee pot? The reason I ask is that next cruise we'll be a long way from the buffet & I usually get coffee for my wife early in the morning & was wondering if it would as least stay warm till she gets out of bed.

Depends on how long she stays in bed after you get back. :eek: Seriously, I have one of those at home and the coffee doesn't stay hot long enough to suit me. I, OTOH, want mine scalding.

fast, convenient dish disposal is another advantage of balcony staterooms :) :D

The sociology fans among us may notice that the first couple nights into the cruise people are sort of reluctant to leave dishes out, but later in the cruise one pretty much finds half the Horizon Court stacked outside...

Why not just order room service?

We don't order room service because we don't like the items on the menu. When we go to the buffet we are very selective about what we pick. Generally make our own sandwich - select bread and filler separately, some salad items. We keep it simple. We try to eat like we do at home.

We don't order room service because we don't like the items on the menu. When we go to the buffet we are very selective about what we pick. Generally make our own sandwich - select bread and filler separately, some salad items. We keep it simple. We try to eat like we do at home.

When you do that, you gain very little or no weight. Ask me. ;)

Seems that staff offer mixed messages on what to do with the tray of dirty dishes ... Princess ought to put a little note on the front page of the daily reminding people to leave the trayful in their cabin and not put it in the hall due to safety concerns. Or, at the very least, a little note on the room service tray would be helpful. A consistent message should clear up any confusion.
If you call and they say to set it outside the door, I don't feel that is a mixed message. So, I wouldn't expect them to send a note otherwise.

I read somewhere on this forum, what I thought might be a good suggestion- if transporting food from buffet to cabin, use a clean, unused shower cap to cover plate- avoiding dropping anything in the hallways ! :)

:mad: No doubt someone will object or make a nasty comment !!!! :mad:

That sound like a great idea to me. I have a couple of those in the little box from the hotel pre cruise.

If you call and they say to set it outside the door, I don't feel that is a mixed message. So, I wouldn't expect them to send a note otherwise.

If you take the time to call, they're not going to tell you "no." Making the call suggests that you would be bothered by the continued presence of the dishes, so their solution is for you to leave them outside. They and your fellow passengers would probably rather you didn't do this, but they're not going to say it.

On the Emerald they just recently begun to allow people to order ANYTHING off the dinner menu in the dining room. They said it might take around 45 minutes for delivery.

I still don't like eating in my room other than a cup of coffee & a danish.

If you take the time to call, they're not going to tell you "no." Making the call suggests that you would be bothered by the continued presence of the dishes, so their solution is for you to leave them outside. They and your fellow passengers would probably rather you didn't do this, but they're not going to say it.
I called as I got a note on the tray to call when finished. I didn't take the time to call for any other reason:confused: I would have just left it in the room on the table otherwise. I'm a rule follower.

Archived