Anyone just back from the Tahitian Breeze

Tropiclady

I would love to hear from anyone that just came back recently from the Tahitian Breeze cruise. This was a new itinerary for Oceania and since we are booked for January 2013, I would love to hear all about your experiences and any recommendations that you might have. Thanks very much!

Tropiclady

There was a thread on problem with one of the stops not sure if it was the cruise you are asking about

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1537408

There is 1 review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=287

Maybe you can find the roll call for that cruise & ask someone there ...some people still monitor the roll call after the cruise

My knee jerk reaction is that the Marina was in the Caribbean, earlier this year and the Regatta doesn't arrive in the South Pacific from Australia until mid April.

If you'd like to read up on January/February in Polynesia, I'd suggest checking out the Paul Gauguin message board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=627

My knee jerk reaction is that the Marina was in the Caribbean, earlier this year and the Regatta doesn't arrive in the South Pacific from Australia until mid April.

If you'd like to read up on January/February in Polynesia, I'd suggest checking out the Paul Gauguin message board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=627

Actually it was there from early Jan till recently. It left from LA and stopped at HI and then did 4 ports in FP. It did another tour in the FP area from the 6th -16th. It then went to NZ. As you said it will be back there mid Apr.

I read the review referenced in post #4 and, if some of the items hold for the 11 day trips, I'll be happy. I wondered how the dayroom arrangements would work out for the returning late night flight departures and it seems the Radisson setup provided a nice day. I also wondered if the ship would have a polynesian themed show and the final night of the LA-Tahiti trip did have that show.

Any comments from cruisers on the actual 11 night Tahitian Breeze sailing in January would be greatly appreciated by those of us on the April trip. Especially welcome would be reviews of any of the excursions offered by O. But any and all comments on ship life would be a pleasure to read. Hopefully someone had some good times that they would like to share. Or some not-so-good issues that they'd like to warn us about. Nobody has commented yet post-cruise in the roll call thread.

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to hear from anyone that just came back recently from the Tahitian Breeze cruise. This was a new itinerary for Oceania and since we are booked for January 2013, I would love to hear all about your experiences and any recommendations that you might have. Thanks very much!

Tropiclady

I am still hoping that someone is going through post cruise withdrawl and will pop in and tell us their experience. Thanks.

Tropiclady

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I wasn't on the Regatta but did sail thru French Polynesia last yr on another line..you are all in for a treat, waters are calm, the colour of the water just spectacular. It is heaven on earth. If any of you are on Facebook just look up Paul gaugin and Tahiti Travel Conmection. You will not be disappoint . Kathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I wasn't on the Regatta but did sail thru French Polynesia last yr on another line..you are all in for a treat, waters are calm, the colour of the water just spectacular. It is heaven on earth. If any of you are on Facebook just look up Paul gaugin and Tahiti Travel Conmection. You will not be disappoint . Kathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Kathy! What time of year were you sailing?

Also to anyone sailing on the Tahitian Breeze right now please report in when you are back. Thanks!

Cheers,

Tropiclady

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the cruise and are in the process of writing a full review. If you have specific areas you'd like to hear about let me know. I will say we both very much enjoyed the cruise and thought Oceania did an excellent job handling an area of the world that is pretty new to them. We also think that they have improved the level service since our last cruise with them in 2008.

We were on the cruise and are in the process of writing a full review. If you have specific areas you'd like to hear about let me know. I will say we both very much enjoyed the cruise and thought Oceania did an excellent job handling an area of the world that is pretty new to them. We also think that they have improved the level service since our last cruise with them in 2008.

Thanks so much for responding. I am not the original poster but we are on the Tahitian Breeze for April 7 2012. We have sailed O many times but never used their air. I am completely at a loss how O air works when it comes to Tahiti. If you opt for a deviation to come in early/stay late how does O handle that since I heard they charter the plane? We are from the east coast. Did you use their air? What time does the plane arrive Tahiti and then depart from Tahiti? Sorry for all the air questions. I never flew to that neck of the woods. I am glad you had a good time.

Hi Vince & Neill,

Thank you so much for the reply! I look forward to reading your review. I have many questions but will start with a few since you have not posted your review yet. Did you do any of the ship's excursions? If so can you comment on them. Do you have any recommendations on what to see or do on any of the islands. We have sailed Marina before so I have no actual ship questions just island questions. Thanks!

Tropiclady

Hi Vince & Neill,

Thank you so much for the reply! I look forward to reading your review. I have many questions but will start with a few since you have not posted your review yet. Did you do any of the ship's excursions? If so can you comment on them. Do you have any recommendations on what to see or do on any of the islands. We have sailed Marina before so I have no actual ship questions just island questions. Thanks!

Tropiclady

I am neither Vince nor Neil but we have visited FP a couple of times (with other lines). In Bora Bora I would highly recommend the 4X4 drive that takes you to tops of hills for spectacular views of the lagoon - the most beautiful feature of BB, IMO. The steep ride up/down the hills is a thrill in itself.

Also they have a snorkeling trip that included feeding sting rays. I forget the local tour company name but "Google is your friend".

If you can get enough people to join you, it will be better on your own than with the ship.

Thanks so much for responding. I am not the original poster but we are on the Tahitian Breeze for April 7 2012. We have sailed O many times but never used their air. I am completely at a loss how O air works when it comes to Tahiti. If you opt for a deviation to come in early/stay late how does O handle that since I heard they charter the plane? We are from the east coast. Did you use their air? What time does the plane arrive Tahiti and then depart from Tahiti? Sorry for all the air questions. I never flew to that neck of the woods. I am glad you had a good time.

Actually we did not use their air, we used AA miles, flying from Chicago. AA partners with Air Tahiti. Air Tahiti flies out of LAX and the flight their is about 8.5 hours. In coach they served two adequate meals and each seat has it's own video screen. They changed their schedule several times on us, which really affected the hotel bookings we had. As of now it seems all their flights leave close to midnight.

Hi Vince & Neill,

Tropiclady

The review has been submitted to cruise critic, we're just waiting for them to clear it. It does discuss what we did on each island. I can tell you that many of the islands offer excursions right at the dock. Of course you are taking a chance doing it that way. We did not use any the ship excursions.

If the review does not answer any of your questions we'll be happy to give more details.

The review has been submitted to cruise critic, we're just waiting for them to clear it. It does discuss what we did on each island. I can tell you that many of the islands offer excursions right at the dock. Of course you are taking a chance doing it that way. We did not use any the ship excursions.

If the review does not answer any of your questions we'll be happy to give more details.

Hi Vince & Neil,

Thanks for your review. I enjoyed reading! Is there anything that you would suggest as not to miss? I was concerned when I read that the water was quite rough in the Marquesa's and that you missed a port. Do you know if that is normal or was the weather a bit rough that day. We are going the end of January so we may experience a bit of rough weather so I am prepared in case we encounter a similar problem.

Thanks,

Tropiclady

Archived